Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
timpage
Account Disabled

Man, how can you think that way JL? We are the greatest nation in the world and will be for the foreseeable future. Problems? Hell, yes. Disagreement and discord? Hell, yes. Anybody else besting us in the long run? Hell, no. We're not falling apart just because somebody that you disagree with is the President. That shit comes and it goes. We'll thrive and survive. We're Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
It is essentially reflective of the loss of common cause among the citizens of our once great and formerly unified nation. Now we all hate each other and don't want to help the other guy lest he gain a political advantage and shove more shit down our throats.
Personally, I blame the liberals. I suspect they blame conservatives. I think we are all going down with the ship as the center of power in the world slips away to the far east. My main problem with it is when I'm proven right and the whole thing falls apart, I won't benefit from it, nor will my children.
Saying "I told you so" when I'm 95 will be a hollow victory.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Yes we are.

at least 53 percent of us are!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Man, how can you think that way JL? We are the greatest nation in the world and will be for the foreseeable future. Problems? Hell, yes. Disagreement and discord? Hell, yes. Anybody else besting us in the long run? Hell, no. We're not falling apart just because somebody that you disagree with is the President. That shit comes and it goes. We'll thrive and survive. We're Americans.
Tim, I voted for Obama although he has continually disappointed me. Basically, I thought Romney would be worse. Are we really the greatest country?
I had that thought drilled into my head by my mother as I grew up. It was a part of my DNA and I jumped to defend her at every turn. But, things nagged at me. How many surveys have you seen where we are 23rd in reading, 34th in math? Even in freedom, which we act like we invented, we are at best tenth on paper? Other nations are freer than us. We have more debt than any other nation, though since it is in dollars we can perhaps go a lot higher, but we used to have a considerably lower debt relative to our economy's size.
We squander so much of our strengths as we accentuate our weaknesses. We save the Iraqi's then let others have the oil. We coddle the poor and shiftless and penalize the productive. We give away free defense, spill our blood, and bribe other countries to be our friend.
We let the Romney's of the world emasculate our middle class, perhaps our greatest strength in the past, by hollowing out our once mighty manufacturing industries and transferring those good jobs to low wage countries.
I'm so alienated by the actions of this government, which shoves shit down our throats and tells us to put some barbecue sauce on it and shut up, that I wont lift a finger to help out in any way. Lots of other people feel the same way. I need to have a government that when it disagrees with me, and imposes its rules, doesn't do it like a dictatorship of government thugs, but like a servant leader.
Companies like General Electric, founded by the great man Thomas Edison, must feel the same way. They think so little of their obligations to America that even though they make 20 billion a year in profits, they manage to pay no taxes. They pay nothing in taxes while selling the government billions of dollar worth of stuff.
We could be the greatest country, we once were the greatest country, but we aren't now.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Tim, I voted for Obama although he has continually disappointed me.
Obama disappointed you? Is that because you ASSumed that he did not graduate magna cum laude from the prestigious Harvard Law School? I suppose you were disappointed to find out that he actually did.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Oh, that's a new one. Obama was magna cum laude... He can barely prove he went to college at all. It certainly shows that he wasn't paying attention in his constitutional studies class.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Tim, I voted for Obama although he has continually disappointed me. Basically, I thought Romney would be worse. Are we really the greatest country?
I had that thought drilled into my head by my mother as I grew up. It was a part of my DNA and I jumped to defend her at every turn. But, things nagged at me. How many surveys have you seen where we are 23rd in reading, 34th in math? Even in freedom, which we act like we invented, we are at best tenth on paper? Other nations are freer than us. We have more debt than any other nation, though since it is in dollars we can perhaps go a lot higher, but we used to have a considerably lower debt relative to our economy's size.
We squander so much of our strengths as we accentuate our weaknesses. We save the Iraqi's then let others have the oil. We coddle the poor and shiftless and penalize the productive. We give away free defense, spill our blood, and bribe other countries to be our friend.
We let the Romney's of the world emasculate our middle class, perhaps our greatest strength in the past, by hollowing out our once mighty manufacturing industries and transferring those good jobs to low wage countries.
I'm so alienated by the actions of this government, which shoves shit down our throats and tells us to put some barbecue sauce on it and shut up, that I wont lift a finger to help out in any way. Lots of other people feel the same way. I need to have a government that when it disagrees with me, and imposes its rules, doesn't do it like a dictatorship of government thugs, but like a servant leader.
Companies like General Electric, founded by the great man Thomas Edison, must feel the same way. They think so little of their obligations to America that even though they make 20 billion a year in profits, they manage to pay no taxes. They pay nothing in taxes while selling the government billions of dollar worth of stuff.
We could be the greatest country, we once were the greatest country, but we aren't now.
Heh you know, I haven't been particularly happy with Obama either (but I think he didn't do enough in his first term when he had a Democrat Congress + Presidency) but like you, I voted for him in the second term because I viewed him as the lesser of two evils. The Republicans of today have really turned me off from their party with all of their openly pro-corporation talk and especially their stances on social issues.

I also agree on us probably having rested too long on our laurels (I mean sweet black baby Jesus, we still like to brag about how much of badasses we were in WWII and saved the world like Superman!) and now we're paying the price for doing things like neglecting our education and allowing our middle class to get crushed and tossed by the wayside. I think a large part of this is the shift in corporate mentality where they care only about their stockholders and not about the workers that make their companies function (as opposed to say pre-80's when corporations profited and passed down much of their profits to their workers so everyone benefitted).

Pretty much while we may be on different sides of the political fence, I think we've been telling ourselves that "we're the best!" so long that we actually began to believe it and stopped working to keep it.

============================== =============

@OP: This particular forum is so brutal, nasty, and short because (as others of pointed out) of the decision to have very light policing of it. Combine that with political debate, which always gets people's blood moving, and the anonymity of an internet forum and you get the name calling and flaming we have here. But that being said, we actually do have quite a few posters who can make a decent intelligent post if you take the time to dig through the muck.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

That was totally wrong. I hope the moderator has that photo removed quickly.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
That was totally wrong. I hope the moderator has that photo removed quickly.
+1
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I knew essence was a pussy.

Et tu JD?
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Obama disappointed you? Is that because you ASSumed that he did not graduate magna cum laude from the prestigious Harvard Law School? I suppose you were disappointed to find out that he actually did.
Disappointed that 1 out of 6 get that designation MCL so big deal on that.
Disappointed because he pursues liberal bullshit versus practical government and inclusiveness with the other side, which was lip service, it appears. Continuing trillion dollar deficits sux, too.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I knew essence was a pussy.

Et tu JD?
You are a bully, fuck off. You only put up these kinds of images to disturb, and show how 'mature' and worldly you are, and to laugh at those who find them offensive.

I call it sick.

I remember a taxi driver taking me across the causeway to Bahrain, he told me how he had attended a beheading in a football stadium, and how disgusted he felt by it.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I was in the service and that means people get killed. It is wrong to pose the dead for a photo and further wrong to multilate them. I don't know who those people were but I can only assume that they were prisoners of some third world country.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #29
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
I miss all the fun...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #30
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I miss all the fun...
When you show up, the fun stops, IFFY! Bumped yourself 20 or 30 times yet today?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women