Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post
So, in essence!
Thank you very much for the invite, I will come in whenever I next have the opportunity.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think I speak on behalf of many of us here when I say to you, EssenceofNonsense: Fuck you.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Corporations are not people...but people make up corporations and corporations are made up of people and people have free speech rights. So liberals think that if a bunch of people own a business then they give up their rights to free speech. So if two or more people own a house (a contractual entity) then they have lost their rights to complain about property taxes. So the liberal idea is to limit free speech as much as possible. Right? That would explain why liberals want the military absentee vote limited but the illegal ballots counted from people out of state. You liberals need to change your names. How about the cry baby party. "WE WANT OUR WAY AND WE WANT IT NOW!"
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Corporations are not people...but people make up corporations and corporations are made up of people and people have free speech rights. So liberals think that if a bunch of people own a business then they give up their rights to free speech. So if two or more people own a house (a contractual entity) then they have lost their rights to complain about property taxes. So the liberal idea is to limit free speech as much as possible. Right? That would explain why liberals want the military absentee vote limited but the illegal ballots counted from people out of state. You liberals need to change your names. How about the cry baby party. "WE WANT OUR WAY AND WE WANT IT NOW!"
The Democrat party isn't the cry baby party. They're the mommy party. Their constituents are the cry babies. The Republican party is the daddy party. We tell people to stop complaining, get a job and take care of yourself; the world doesn't owe you a living.

Unfortunately, the pandering message of the mommy party is easy to sell. Tough love is a little harder to market.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post

If B P wanted to drop a few mil in a super pac for Obama you are cool with that?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #21
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Thank you very much for the invite, I will come in whenever I next have the opportunity.

Hahah.. no problem dear! Love it when you comment on the threads. =)
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

The root of the financial crisis was in social engineering that caused banks to loan money to people that would not normally be eligible. The first was the creation of Fannie Mae followed by Fannie Mac.
I am not sure what that has to do with the rights of people to organize into groups that choose to pool their money for a like minde3d effort.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

I swear the phrase "can't see the forest for the trees" comes to mind often when I read these posts. Does the back and forth as to whether or not unions can use money to contribute to candidates or corporations or wealthy etc really matter in the grand scheme?
Does the constitution prevent a person from using there property they way they see fit? No!
Should it be constitutional to force someone to use there property in a way they do not want? No!
This is done by the government all the time and many of us feel it is ok when the money is used in a way we agree but not in a way we do not agree.

If a corporation chooses to support a candidate in an election with a monetary donation no money is taken from someone against there will. Just as no one is forced to donate money or purchase goods or services from that company.

An argument can be made that unions force donations in way of dues in some states than use that money to support politicians. This area gets so ugly it is hard for an outsider to see fact or myth. It is known that dues are required in some states and that is about the extent of the known fact.

What is also true is the Montana law and the law challenged by citizens united are just recent examples in a long history of attempts by a ruling party to silence opposition by passing laws that limit free speech on both federal and state levels. These laws are often passed in response to a crisis, sometimes even with full knowledge that they are not constitutional, in the hopes that they will stay in affect long enough to accomplish a short term goal.

The Alien and Sedition acts are an early example of this. They were passed less than 7 years after the ratification of the Bill of rights by John Adams. They were a large part of what got Jefferson elected.

The real problem is not where the money comes from, it is that, the money buys the politician. ergo politicians are the problem (the forest) The use of term limits at all levels of government will make this problem self correcting. And by term limits I mean one term at any level any position. No more career politicians would go a long way to restoration of the Constitutional Republic that the government was designed to be.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
The root of the financial crisis was in social engineering that caused banks to loan money to people that would not normally be eligible. The first was the creation of Fannie Mae followed by Fannie Mac.
I am not sure what that has to do with the rights of people to organize into groups that choose to pool their money for a like minde3d effort.

Another thought on that,is greed let loan officers to sell houses to people a
who could barely afford rent.then they hedged their bet against them and dumped the bad loans on Fred .and Fan.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Term limits are not the answer. Repealing the 17th Amendment is. That was probably the biggest blow to state sovereignty we've seen. The House was designed to represent the people, the Senate was to represent the states. Now we have both houses pandering to the people, promising whatever they can to obtain and retain power. Senators are now beholding to their banking and corporate benefactors, rather than to their state. It is not a good system.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
essence
Valued Poster

CoG, you are such a hypocrite. First you say the constitution is inviolate, beyond criticism, cast in stone for all eternity. You object when I play with words and call it the fucking constitution. My point in using those words was simply to say that it is not sacred, it is a human artefact, and should not be venerated and worshiped. I was not criticising the constitution itself, I was crticising attitudes towards it.

Now you yourself criticise the constitution, in far stronger terms than my simple playing with you.

So which constitution is it that you hold sacred? Is it the fucking 17th amendment, or the fucking rest of it?

Geez, like arguing with a boiled egg on a plate of oil with a wet fish.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Essence, go back to feeling superior. This isn't your debate. We amend our Constitution from time to time. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Basically, it is the best governing document ever written down. Our Bill of Rights is incomparable. The structure of our government was genius. As with prohibition, this amendment was ill-conceived, and should be repealed.

Our Founders strove to form a MORE Perfect union, not a perfect one, while you in the UK watched your empire crumble under the same shit, different ruler plan. So please stay out of discussions concerning internal American affairs. You lack the understanding and intelligence to form a coherent opinion.

There must be something good on the telly. Maybe a discussion of Kate's pregnancy, or something. You will like that.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #28
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Term limits are not the answer. Repealing the 17th Amendment is. That was probably the biggest blow to state sovereignty we've seen. The House was designed to represent the people, the Senate was to represent the states. Now we have both houses pandering to the people, promising whatever they can to obtain and retain power. Senators are now beholding to their banking and corporate benefactors, rather than to their state. It is not a good system.
I have stated this same thing in another post. This alone will not solve the problem. Yes it will improve the states roll in the federal government and may have stopped many of the programs of the new deal and the great society, however, term limits would be equally beneficial. The two together would set in motion events that would drastically limit the size of government over the next decade or two.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
CJ7
Valued Poster

Im pro term limits

the longer congressmen/women are in office the more favors they owe special interest groups and people who contribute to their campaign/s .. that magically turns into pork and taxpayers pay for the pork
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #30
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013

I do agree that we need serious term limits. I think that should include any elected position even that of the Supreme Court Judges. I also believe that those in elected positions are paid too much money, and are given too much period. The laws need to apply to these elected officials and we need to get rid of some of the laws that protect elected officials,their states from lawsuits and or from being prosecuted for various crimes.
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women