Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162325
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Tebow forgive these fucktards ...
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
This part here.

But the democrats are a lot closer to the words Jesus speaks about how to treat the poor and oppressed.

I do think you are a GOOD DUDE from your posts though.
Well, laa-dee-dah, IBasdumbasaboxofrocks. You, like CosFb, will say anything to get what you think is a rise out of those who don't toe your imbecillic line.

Totally worthless, my man, totally worthless.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Neither party is consistent with the gospels. ...... But the democrats are a lot closer to the words Jesus speaks about how to treat the poor and oppressed.

That's exactly what makes it so very difficult for many true christians to feel comfortable supporting either party. Each party has selective memory about what Jesus said, and what parts they want to follow.

i take issue with your statement regarding democrats being closer to the words of Jesus concerning the treatment of the poor and oppressed.

it is a great misreading and reveals a lack of critical thinking to ascribe to Jesus anything other than some passing semblance to the ideas espoused by democrats toward the poor and oppressed.. Any comparison of Jesus' words to actions of democrats would yield vast disparities.

The most revealing portion of the gospels in this regard is the Sermon on the Mount, a series of preachings and teachings of Jesus regarding the duties of individuals to their fellow humans and to God.

In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus talks to individuals about individual duty and how they, personally, should react to others for the kingdom of God.

Certainly there is lip service to the poor in which democrats excell but is there proof anywhere that democrats as a party see a personal duty to donate or help or feel any personal responsibility at all in any greater proportion than do republicans as a whole? I think not.

In fact, it has been demonstrated time and again, both in studies and in anecdotal stories, that conservatives are much more charitably minded than liberals.

the democrat mission is grounded, ultimately, in obtaining but i will leave that aside.

as to how best to aid governmentally the poor, certainly the last 40 some odd years of democrat control and the use of their ideas has demonstrated the worthlessness of many such ideas, in terms of the family structure, the work ethic, children born without a father, rising out of poverty, making people independent and resourceful, etc...of course ascribing evilness to their ideas isnt correct, but the outcome has been destructive, both in terms of the individual and in terms of government. democrats, however, do ascribe evilness to conservative ideas all the time on how the poor are best helped. both sides do have ideas concerning poor, and i think that perhaps some ideas out of the best of each are useful but a little more prodding and a lot less sugar is needed at this juncture.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't care what holy book the candidate is consistent with, as long as s/he is consistent with the Constitution. That's all that matters. Unfortunately, both major party candidates fall way short of that standard.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women