Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

WTF's world.

You oughta see the view from the other side!

That is the point LL. To many people equals to much shit.

My worldview is to limit all the shit we are causing that the natural world can not deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Even so, that doesn't mean forceful measures must be taken. "Government propaganda, taxes, giving every sexually active human being access to modern contraception and backup abortion, and, especially, giving women absolutely equal rights and opportunities with men might very well get the global population shrinkage required if a collapse is to be avoided," Ehrlich said.

In fact, providing free, reliable birth control to women could prevent between 41 percent and 71 percent of abortions in the United States, according to a study detailed in the Oct. 4, 2012, issue of the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Do any of you right wing nuts understand what a Consumption factor is ?

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/diam...d08_index.html

Among the developing countries that are seeking to increase per capita consumption rates at home, China stands out. It has the world's fastest growing economy, and there are 1.3 billion Chinese, four times the United States population. The world is already running out of resources, and it will do so even sooner if China achieves American-level consumption rates. Already, China is competing with us for oil and metals on world markets.
Per capita consumption rates in China are still about 11 times below ours, but let's suppose they rise to our level. Let's also make things easy by imagining that nothing else happens to increase world consumption — that is, no other country increases its consumption, all national populations (including China's) remain unchanged and immigration ceases. China's catching up alone would roughly double world consumption rates. Oil consumption would increase by 106 percent, for instance, and world metal consumption by 94 percent.
If India as well as China were to catch up, world consumption rates would triple. If the whole developing world were suddenly to catch up, world rates would increase elevenfold. It would be as if the world population ballooned to 72 billion people (retaining present consumption rates).
Some optimists claim that we could support a world with nine billion people. But I haven't met anyone crazy enough to claim that we could support 72 billion. Yet we often promise developing countries that if they will only adopt good policies — for example, institute honest government and a free-market economy — they, too, will be able to enjoy a first-world lifestyle. This promise is impossible, a cruel hoax: we are having difficulty supporting a first-world lifestyle even now for only one billion people.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Obviously there is a limit to the number of people the Earth can support without devastating the environment and creating a quality of life that no one would want.

The current trend towards global wealth redistribution is counter productive in the area of population control, at least in the short term. Nature has a brutal way of preventing overpopulation in third world countries, mainly famine and disease. Without foreign aid from the first world, the third world's population would probably never get out of control.

First world countries are already controlling their population growth extremely well, probably too well. Without immigration from third world countries, Europe's population would be shrinking. The same is true for Japan and other first world countries.

My guess is the advances we've made in our ability to produce food, and consequently prevent mass starvation will continue and possibly accelerate. Like population growth, growth in technology is also exponential. With advances in medicine, food production and cheap energy production, the Earth may be able to support a population that far exceeds the current one.

Ray Kurzweil predicts an explosion in technology that will transform the way we live, in ways we can not imagine. He predicts an increase in "intelligence and intellectual capability" that exceeds the current level a billion fold. He says it will happen by 2045. Kurzweil's prediction may be a long shot, but if he's right, population control will probably be a non-issue in the next generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5gIj3jz44
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

well then joe, we should not worry about entitlement reform...since Ray Kurzwiel predicts a technology boom. Do you agree with that? Medical care will just be so cheap and great you know. Don't you find it strange how we pick and choose what we consider crisis or potential crisis?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So, we should deem anything a crisis that WPF deems a crisis.

Hypocrisy, thy name is WPF.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
well then joe, we should not worry about entitlement reform...since Ray Kurzwiel predicts a technology boom. Do you agree with that? Medical care will just be so cheap and great you know. Don't you find it strange how we pick and choose what we consider crisis or potential crisis?
Kurzweil's prediction is one possible future. It's far from guaranteed. We need to proceed based on the assumption that we won't get bailed out by technology. If we do, it's icing on the cake. We shouldn't count on it. Hoping to win the lottery is a poor way to plan for retirement.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
That is the point LL. ToO many people equals toO much shit.
Only if you sit around and whine about it ... like you do.

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So, we should deem anything a crisis that WPF deems a crisis.

Hypocrisy, thy name is WPF.
That is not what I said asshole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Kurzweil's prediction is one possible future. It's far from guaranteed. We need to proceed based on the assumption that we won't get bailed out by technology. If we do, it's icing on the cake. We shouldn't count on it. Hoping to win the lottery is a poor way to plan for retirement.
I agree totally.

While I hope there will be advances where the rest of the world can consume as we do and there be no dire output from that input, I highly doubt it.

It is not really population control as much as it is a consumption problem.

Per capita consumption rates in China are still about 11 times below ours...If India as well as China were to catch up, world consumption rates would triple. If the whole developing world were suddenly to catch up, world rates would increase elevenfold. It would be as if the world population ballooned to 72 billion people (retaining present consumption rates).

What I find strange is that some on here think entitlement reform is needd (Count me as one of those) but I also believe that the world's limited resources are a major problem too.

Not sure if you agree with that or not.

The good thing is , we will not see really bad results from our inactions in our life time, we are the slow boiling frog but we will die of old age before the heat gets us!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Only if you sit around and whine about it ... like you do.
It is more a consumption problem than a population problem.

Per capita consumption rates in China are still about 11 times below ours...If India as well as China were to catch up, world consumption rates would triple. If the whole developing world were suddenly to catch up, world rates would increase elevenfold. It would be as if the world population ballooned to 72 billion people (retaining present consumption rates).
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
It is more a consumption problem than a population problem.
Yes, we do have solutions, by way of examples and history...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Yes, we do have solutions, by way of examples and history...

LOL, but that was China 50 years ago.

Like I said, it is a consumption problem.

It is a math problem just like entitlements is a math problem. Simple math really.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
LOL, but that was China 50 years ago.

Like I said, it is a consumption problem.

It is a math problem just like entitlements is a math problem. Simple math really.
2 + 2 = 4 is "simple math" .... and "entitlements" are not just a "math problem" ....

.. it used to be a "math problem" ... until the first, second, third generations became "entitled" to receive assistance from the U.S. government. Now it is an addiction.....

.. just like gas guzzling jacked up 4x4 trucks, high-performance sports cars, and the obsession with "keeping up with the Joneses in the neighborhood" ... for a newer model vehicle that will make "us" look hotter and show off "our" relative "wealth" ....

The slogan: "The one who dies with the most toys wins" is the motto of this generation.

History will repeat itself:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

LL knows shit!!!
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
LL knows shit!!!
Yes, which is why I knocked you off so quickly ... smell alone does it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women