Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70498
biomed161173
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453056
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47828
pyramider46370
bambino40465
CryptKicker37109
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2022, 06:30 PM   #16
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
dude do you or 1b1 think Jones has anywhere near that kind of money? at best reports on various sites say Jones might be worth 270 million which is actually surprising to me if he does have that much money. i find 75-100 million more likely which is still a surprising amount to me.

so here is how i can guarantee these families will never get anywhere near 965 millions dollars ....

simple math.

965 - 270 = 695.

he's short 695 million.

do you and 1b1 realize what that means? IF (it won't) the judgement is upheld in full the only way these families will get 965 million dollars is if Jones stays on the air. until he's about 95 years old.

bahahahhaaaa

I know, I get it. He doesn't have it to forfeit. It was a stupid question because he can't pay.

Unless, as you state, he works just to pay off the judgment. The appeal will work with forensic accountants.

That was fuckin' funny though. I like funny. Even if you are a psycho. (Like me).

The point was more about you guaranteeing the reduction.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
I know, I get it. He doesn't have it to forfeit. It was a stupid question because he can't pay.

Unless, as you state, he works just to pay off the judgment. The appeal will work with forensic accountants.

That was fuckin' funny though. I like funny. Even if you are a psycho. (Like me).

The point was more about you guaranteeing the reduction.

i'm still guaranteeing it. our resident lawyer (self proclaimed) 1b1 knows this perfectly well, or should if he's really a lawyer. rarely have these huge judgements been upheld in full. this is a classic example of jury overreach. it'll never stand up.

let's talk about the Texas civil suit. over 50 million. appeals notwithstanding, Texas law limits Jones's actual liability drastically. so he'll likely never pay out anywhere near that 50 million due to Texas law.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08...rdict-damages/

A Texas jury has awarded a nearly $50 million judgment in a defamation trial against extremist talk show host Alex Jones for claiming the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax. He was sued by the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the tragedy.

The question is, will Texas law spare the Infowars host and his company Free Speech Systems tens of millions under a 27-year-old statute limiting the amount that a jury can make a plaintiff pay?

The answer is likely to be decided during the appeals process, but if the statutory limit is applied by the courts to Jones’ case, he could be forced to pay less than $5 million in total damages, legal experts say.

Connecticut may or may not have similar statues (probably not) but Texas does so in Texas that 50 million judgement isn't worth the paper the verdict was written on.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:16 PM   #18
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
i'm still guaranteeing it. our resident lawyer (self proclaimed) 1b1 knows this perfectly well, or should if he's really a lawyer. rarely have these huge judgements been upheld in full. this is a classic example of jury overreach. it'll never stand up.

let's talk about the Texas civil suit. over 50 million. appeals notwithstanding, Texas law limits Jones's actual liability drastically. so he'll likely never pay out anywhere near that 50 million due to Texas law.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08...rdict-damages/

A Texas jury has awarded a nearly $50 million judgment in a defamation trial against extremist talk show host Alex Jones for claiming the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax. He was sued by the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the tragedy.

The question is, will Texas law spare the Infowars host and his company Free Speech Systems tens of millions under a 27-year-old statute limiting the amount that a jury can make a plaintiff pay?

The answer is likely to be decided during the appeals process, but if the statutory limit is applied by the courts to Jones’ case, he could be forced to pay less than $5 million in total damages, legal experts say.

Connecticut may or may not have similar statues (probably not) but Texas does so in Texas that 50 million judgement isn't worth the paper the verdict was written on.

I am no attorney, just a smartass when it comes to language. I don't credit, nor discredit, 1b1 with his proclamation of status.

I should think he was going with the dramatic. The click bait, if you will. Makes for good debate. As witnessed here. Made for the drama. Just like the decision.

It was a statement call. Sure, out of anger and rage. It was the jury's call.

As far as Connecticut law, I recall that state being corporation friendly. I'll look up what I can on this. So, if, for some reason it's left to that state's law, it could swing in Jones' favor.

(Posting, then looking for Connecticut corporate law articles. Dupont, anyone?)
Old 10-12-2022, 07:25 PM   #19
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_601.htm

Don't bother, it's too much legal shit for anyone. Yes. Anyone.

This one was the best I could find that made sense as to what I was trying to convey. If not, oh fuckin' well.

Quote:
Dupont on Connecticut Civil Practice is the definitive source on Connecticut 's rules of practice and their application, including the state's unique fact pleading requirements and rules of discovery. Whether you are a novice or an experienced practitioner, this portable resource will help you recognize when it's necessary to plead a special defense, when it suffices to deny the complaint's allegations, when to use a motion to strike a complaint and when to move for summary judgment.

https://store.lexisnexis.com/product...e-skuusSku7735

Even still,too much bullshit to read.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:45 PM   #20
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Is that you Alex? That’s a bigger hoax than Sandy Hook.
It's all bullshit.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:43 AM   #21
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

It’s irrelevant whether it’s upheld on appeal. So let’s say it’s lowered to 300 million. He’s still effectively gutted. Forever. Or 100 million same result. He has no liquidity that’d allow him to just write a check for that kinda money.

Best part is, they won’t simply garnish him, they’ll take every asset that has belonged to Alex, Infowars and the associated companies. Repeatedly until the debt is paid which means he effectively can’t ever own another asset of any value.

Also, bankruptcy won’t do him any good. Judgments aren’t dischargable when they are for intentional acts, so this judgment will remain around forever (effectively) since they can refile it from time to time.

Good riddance.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #22
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
It’s irrelevant whether it’s upheld on appeal. So let’s say it’s lowered to 300 million. He’s still effectively gutted. Forever. Or 100 million same result. He has no liquidity that’d allow him to just write a check for that kinda money.

Best part is, they won’t simply garnish him, they’ll take every asset that has belonged to Alex, Infowars and the associated companies. Repeatedly until the debt is paid which means he effectively can’t ever own another asset of any value.

Also, bankruptcy won’t do him any good. Judgments aren’t dischargable when they are for intentional acts, so this judgment will remain around forever (effectively) since they can refile it from time to time.

Good riddance.
I see this defamation suit against Alex Jones as a way to set a precedent. It doesn't matter if Alex Jones is right about Sandy Hook being a hoax or not. The narrative was school kids and teachers were gunned down and everyone will adhere to that factual or not or you can be sued.Freedom of Speech and Opinions mean nothing, evidence or lack there of means nothing. The only thing that matters is the official narrative.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:16 AM   #23
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

You’re in denial about this as well. First the Holocaust now Sandy Hook. Please tell us more about other hoaxes being pulled over the eyes of the people.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:27 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
i did play devil's advocate. if it's upheld which it won't be he'll just declare bankruptcy of his various corporations just like the link you posted so you are actually proving my point these families no matter what will never get anywhere near 965 million dollars.
Bankruptcy will not protect him should this judgement be upheld.

Any future income will go to this judgement..

You should start tuning in to the experts instead of Looney.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:33 AM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Good riddance.
This.....

Waco, you're fucking up comparing Connecticut to Texas.

Just send Alex more money and he then might be able to pay it off. Take it from your burgeoning 401k!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #26
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

It just some money to pay off the victim family. It proves otherwise.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:35 PM   #27
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Alex Jones should be held accountable, but his dipshit followers who swallowed his lies and harrased the serving families should be held accountable as well...perhaps they can make up the shortfall of his assets. How does any human with half a brain believe bullshit likes Jones's...or Jim Jones?
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #28
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
You’re in denial about this as well. First the Holocaust now Sandy Hook. Please tell us more about other hoaxes being pulled over the eyes of the people.
Alex Jones is being sued because of his expressed opinion of the Sandy Hook incident. He's not the only journalist who has expressed that the Sandy Hook shootings may have been staged. So does that mean individuals who put out information contrary to the official narrative get sued? Who's next, Bart Sibrel he has questions about the validity of the Moon Landings.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:40 PM   #29
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
Alex Jones should be held accountable, but his dipshit followers who swallowed his lies and harrased the serving families should be held accountable as well...perhaps they can make up the shortfall of his assets. How does any human with half a brain believe bullshit likes Jones's...or Jim Jones?
So what are you saying, the official narrative is cut in stone and nobody should question it?
Old 10-13-2022, 01:53 PM   #30
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

What part do you not believe Levalex?

Do you not think someone went in and shot up a bunch of children? Do you think the parents were crisis actors and the children didn’t exist? Do you believe that the children weren’t actually killed?

What part was a hoax or what part of the narrative shouldn’t be believed.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women