Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Our combined energy resources are estimated at $7 trillion, a pittance compared to the total debt......and most of the resource is in private ownership so the government would have to confiscate it............................

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/pgi_01.htm

And your "foreseeable future" is as nebulous as my opine.........like you said "without being specific your opinion is worthless".....................
Now you are starting to get it! Nobody knows the future.

But I am betting on this country right now. If you Tea Pukes want to put your money where your mouths are , fine with me, bet aganist it. It is your money.

All I am saying is that actions are what speak in my book and my action are investing in the country as of now. That could change at some point. I may retire to Columbia if I find the right golf courses! .....or maybe Tahoe.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It isn't a question of "betting against it"...it is what is the outlook and how you plan for that .............

You want to remain all rosy fine....and an investor can be pessimistic about the future but still make a ton of money while the politicians are running up debt, printing money, and devaluing our currency....a ton of money is being made on this misery. It doesn't mean the fundamentals of the economy are sound.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
It isn't a question of "betting against it"...it is what is the outlook and how you plan for that .............

You want to remain all rosy fine....and an investor can be pessimistic about the future but still make a ton of money while the politicians are running up debt, printing money, and devaluing our currency....a ton of money is being made on this misery.
Aww the Invisible Hand. Yes I subscribe to that.

All I am saying is that I do not see misery and gloom and doom in the future. In fact I see Houston Texas doing pretty damn good. All politics are local. That is how I invest my money also.

Quote:
but still make a ton of money while the politicians are running up debt, printing money, and devaluing our currency.....
What do you think Reagan did? He inflated his way out of tthe mess we were in , he finished what Volker had started.And before you go blaming Carter, it started way before then.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Of course the feds are going to try and inflate our way out of this mess; it is their only remedy.....but our mess is a lot deeper than what Reagan or Carter had; to inflate our way out of our liabilities will mean a lot of pain and loss of middle class wealth....

The case still stands that the breakup of the GOP is happening because of a division in the party over the role/size of government; THE issue of our time.........the same debate and division will happen within the Democratic Party as the debt bomb accelerates.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Of course the feds are going to try and inflate our way out of this mess; it is their only remedy.....but our mess is a lot deeper than what Reagan or Carter had; to inflate our way out of our liabilities will mean a lot of pain and loss of middle class wealth....
That trend started a long time ago!

Opening trade with China..NAFTA. The list goes on and on.

That is why you better be making some bacon and moving out of the middle class and to the Penthouse. Even during the Depression, things were fine for the wealthy!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I appreciate your financial advice; I am years ahead of you on that.

But the thread is about the break up of the GOP, not financial security for a individual...

IMO Rove makes the miscalculation that grass roots Conservatives, the base of the party, will vote for whomever the party apparatus promotes.........he is mistaken. There is an ideological battle going on within the GOP over the size/role of government. The Conservative base won't cave on that core principle.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #22
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I appreciate your financial advice; I am years ahead of you on that.

But the thread is about the break up of the GOP, not financial security for a individual...
The GOP will do fine...you guys will back Rubio in 2016. Hell he might win if you do not have a long drawn out primary.

The Tea Party is dead nationally though. Oh they will throw you a bone every once in a while but you are the John Birch Society of this century.

Cheers to good investments and drinking beer on the Yucatan Peninsula in our retirement years!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Rubio might be a candidate who can bridge the divide; but it will depend on his handling of immigration...as it stands now he is being despised for his amnesty program and going along with the Gang of 8............
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Rubio might be a candidate who can bridge the divide; but it will depend on his handling of immigration...as it stands now he is being despised for his amnesty program and going along with the Gang of 8............
+1. I like Rubio, but he needs to tread lightly or he will not get the true conservative voters to back him. Of course, if he can double the Hispanic vote for the GOP, he may win anyway.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Matters not, you rallied behind Romney, you will rally behind Rubio. He is your Obama.

If you do not get the Latino vote moving in your direction you will never win nationally again. The big boys in nthe GOP know that, you Tea Peckers will fall in line!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
+1. I like Rubio, but he needs to tread lightly or he will not get the true conservative voters to back him. Of course, if he can double the Hispanic vote for the GOP, he may win anyway.
The John Birch Society voted for Romney, Rubio will get your vote, even if he hands out Sombreros at the border. You voted for a Mormon, you'll vote for a Cuban!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The John Birch Society voted for Romney, Rubio will get your vote, even if he hands out Sombreros at the border. You voted for a Mormon, you'll vote for a Cuban!
When it comes down to a decision between voting for the continued destruction of this country or a candidate that will at least stem the tide, I'll hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils every time.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #28
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

LIBERTARIANS: Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone after you've given them a job as a lifeguard at the pool and your grandchildren begin drowning.

What? No bootstraps to use to pull yourselves up with? You should have thought of that before you had cramps and started sinking!
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

LIBERTARIANS: bigger partakers of government programs than welfare Moms.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I did rally behind Romney; but won't repeat that mistake again.........an immigration reform agreement will NOT move hispanic voters into the GOP camp......if you have any proof that it will, please share.

So like I said, the GOP is in the process of breaking up......they can't win/keep the Hispanic vote and they are isolating the conservative camp.............the GOP is going through a break up, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Matters not, you rallied behind Romney, you will rally behind Rubio. He is your Obama.

If you do not get the Latino vote moving in your direction you will never win nationally again. The big boys in nthe GOP know that, you Tea Peckers will fall in line!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women