Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70620
biomed161993
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453171
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48229
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37156
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-23-2023, 10:41 PM   #16
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default Do your own homework...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
Instead of this repetive mythbusting about which political party is or isn’t at fault for the crime problem, which gets us nowhere, why don’t you propose something that can fix the problems?…You go first, then I will give you mine.
I don't believe I was assigning blame to either as any root cause and the issues are more complex than who the Governor is or whether the state went Trump or Biden last election. A big issue responsible for our mess of a nation is in fact the divided elite party political machine that keeps us repeating catchphrases while they squirt kerosene on the fire so we keep our eyes on 'the other side' and not the real issues.

I am not a doctor but if treatment for a swollen ankle only makes it grow bigger and turn colors I know enough to seek a different treatment.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:42 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
You’ve fallen for Simpson’s Paradox D’Ninja. If you segregate the data by counties or cities instead of states you’ll see that localities run by Democrats have higher rates of violent crime. Go through the cities in the list in your link. I bet they all favored Biden in 2020. Or at least 9 of the 10.

exactly what i said

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Yes and no. Moot in the sense that the subject is just more political fodder that takes time and energy away from discussion of solutions and addressing actual issues. On the other side trying to sue gunmakers and restrict the 2nd Amendment any more than it already is also dysfunctional.

The base argument for 'defunding' the police includes some pretty sound ideas. Shift some funding away from lethal response options and give more options in the area of mental health and treatment. Many on the left want to take it too far but the policies of law enforcement on the right are not working much if any better.

If we continue to blame Democrats for an issue that is nationwide without a party line divider we are setting ourselves up for failure because when Republicans are in power they will continue to promote the same failed policies. I believe the issue is not government created, but is perpetuated by a lack of real attention as we keep finger pointing.

Uhhh .. NO. progressive liberal policies are increasing crime including violent crime. the left's contentions are false that the so-called "racist" police must be "defunded" is nonsense. it only leads to more crime.

send mediators to a hostage situation .. send cops to a crime scene.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:00 PM   #18
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Well that is a popular opinion in some circles. Not supported by the numbers and certainly for those of us who spend a good amount of time in Republican stronghold states and still see homeless camps, needles on sidewalks, neighborhoods with foil windows, people slinging meth on street corners, etc our eyes tell us a truth that goes beyond the talking points.

Many of those states lock up minorities at a much higher rate than white people. Would anyone like to publicly claim that is due to melanin equating to criminal activity? There are pockets of racists in the US always have been though it isn't as popular now to express the rhetoric out in the open. But for some I am sure that is the Democrat's fault as well right?

A goal of mine in this thread is to focus on those areas where Conservatives are in power yet crime is still well above acceptable levels. So far I have seen the bypass that no it is still the left causing issues but not much actual focus on those areas specifically.

If its a Liberal issue why are areas governed by Conservatives also failing to find some decent impact to curb the problems?
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:42 AM   #19
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Making the choice between opinion and actual data

So whom are the top 65 deadliest cities anyway?

Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities

Top 5:
St. Louis 64.54 murders per 100,000 residents
Baltimore 58.27 murders per 100,000 residents
Birminham 50.62 murders per 100,000 residents
Detroit 41.45 murders per 100,000 residents
Dayton 34.18 murders per 100,000 residents

Gasp! Demonirat Mayors all. Who knew? Oh A-N-D you don't even want to know about the demographics of it all...

If'n you are so inclined and willing to grope around to get the feel of the actual data, you can try:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Crime Data Explorer

Good luck wid dat. Once you get the feel for it, it's pretty ba-dass. I have a user cheat sheet for it somewhere. I'll hunt it down eventually.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 05:24 AM   #20
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
So whom are the top 65 deadliest cities anyway?

Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities

Top 5:
St. Louis 64.54 murders per 100,000 residents
Baltimore 58.27 murders per 100,000 residents
Birminham 50.62 murders per 100,000 residents
Detroit 41.45 murders per 100,000 residents
Dayton 34.18 murders per 100,000 residents

Gasp! Demonirat Mayors all. Who knew? Oh A-N-D you don't even want to know about the demographics of it all...

If'n you are so inclined and willing to grope around to get the feel of the actual data, you can try:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Crime Data Explorer

Good luck wid dat. Once you get the feel for it, it's pretty ba-dass. I have a user cheat sheet for it somewhere. I'll hunt it down eventually.
In your link, did they deliberately leave out the factor of ethnic and racial make up.

In all of the cities you listed, how did the violent crimes break down by race.

And, how many violent crimes committed by a particular racial group are committed against members of their own group. I suspect most white criminals prey on other whites, Asians on other Asians, Blacks on other Blacks, etc.

Criminals might be very undiscriminating. They prey on those that are most convenient.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:03 AM   #21
VitaMan
BANNED

Encounters: 69

St. Louis might be an interesting sub topic to study.

Hasn't that city been on top of the murder list for decades ?

Would you accept a transfer to St. Louis ?
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:29 AM   #22
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
It has become a popular war cry but is it true? Does a left leaning government lead to increased violence?

In July a report was released for cities with 25k pop or more:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mos...ies-in-the-us/

Alabama has 7 of the top 10 last I checked NOT a Liberal state.
Louisiana? Nope. Not over the past 20+ years.
Arkansas?

How about Missouri?

So many areas with very high rates of violent crimes per/1000 residents are the Liberals just making road trips or does the talking point just a myth?
Liberals don't create crime. They just don't arrest anyone for it. Liberal cities and States are soft on Crime the elected officials in these places don't give a fuck if you're a victim of a violent crime.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:26 AM   #23
VitaMan
BANNED

Encounters: 69

Maybe it would be better to discuss why people do violent crimes.

After you do that, you can try to determine if liberal policies caused the "why".
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:51 AM   #24
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post

After you do that, you can try to determine if liberal policies caused the "why".
Because they can. That's basically their attitude. Democrat Politicians are basically Criminals in suits so it's good match. Plus criminals primarily live in areas where there is Fast Food joints, Liquor Store, Fast Food Joint, Liquor Store, ect. They fill themselves up with so much shit all day long, day after day. Committing Crime becomes their only past time. Politicians try pushing the oppressed bullshit narrative to justify the behavior of these parasitic idiots.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:52 AM   #25
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post

“Hey bitch, give up that purse”

“Please don’t, all I have is in here”

WHAP!!!!……..”There, bitch, you should have just gave it up”

I guess this is one reason.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
When you cherry pick dig deep enough you can reach all kinds of conclusions. Antifa is responsible for Jan 6. Biden stole the election. Any attempt to paint Alabama and Texas as infiltrated by Biden supporters with a clandestine plan to spread crime across Republican states is too delusional for my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
I'm not going to waste much time acting like I am a political expert on crime like many of you will. But instead, I'm just going to be a simple fake ass sociologist, so I'll just dumb it down to the obvious - when people are poor, crimes are much more likely to be committed regardless of politics. Shitholes are Shitholes and shit happens in shitholes regardless of where you live in this world.

Can I post, the word "shit" again or would that be overkill?

Murder is arguably the most heinous crime one can commit (I believe rape is worse but whatever). Anyway, I have no idea how reputable the site below is, but it showed up quickly on a 5 second search. Do those top 10 states look all blue to you? If you have murdering motherfuckers in those states, I assume a lot of other nefarious shit is happening there as well.

Like I've posted in another thread, if I am willing to commit a crime, what the fuck do I care about who is in office? I'm a criminal. I just wouldn't want to get caught after the fact. And make no mistake about it, I live in Texas, and I've fucked whores. Do you think I was thinking about politics when I stopped by the ATM to get cash before I committed those crimes or I did I miss a change in the law and prostitution is legal here now in Texas? LOL

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state
Venerable contributor texassapper, who's currently on vacation in Banned Land, has trotted out several studies purporting to show that getting the COVID vaccine increased the probability that a person would be hospitalized or die from COVID. He used data from Israel and the United Kingdom. And indeed, when you looked at the raw data, a higher % of the vaccinated ended up in the hospital or dead from COVID.

Why? Well, in Israel and parts of the UK, a much higher % of the elderly and infirm got vaccinated than the young and the healthy. And the old and infirm were orders of magnitude more likely to die from COVID than the young, regardless of vaccination status.

When you segregated the data by age group, say 20 to 30, 31 to 40, 51 to 50, etc., you found that getting the COVID vaccine reduced the probability of death or hospitalization by maybe 80% within the individual age groups

You're making the same mistake here. When you segregate the data down to the county level, you'll find that blue counties suffer much higher rates of violent crime than red counties. I did some research on this some time back. Since the "search" function isn't working on the site, I'm having some problem finding it, but will do so after work today or tomorrow and post it. And, unlike Trump this last week, I shall actually present irrefutable evidence.

You can argue the higher rate of violent crime in blue counties is due to (a) worse policing in blue counties, and/or (b) a greater proclivity of Democrats to commit violent crimes. Either way, I don't know how you blame that on state government, more so than county and local government. Policing is done at the local level. The state highway patrol has little to do with homicide rates. As to "b", perhaps you could argue as McCain does that poverty is related to violent crime, and take that a step further and say blue states do a better job of eliminating poverty. My reply would be that income equality isn't necessarily lower in blue states. In fact New York, the District of Columbia and Connecticut are the three most unequal "states" in the USA.

More later. Please stay tuned for irrefutable proof.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/p...subpopulations.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:27 PM   #27
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
A goal of mine in this thread is to focus on those areas where Conservatives are in power yet crime is still well above acceptable levels.
Well, you've done the opposite. Your original post included a link with a list of the ten cities in the USA with the highest violent crime rates. I believe all ten are governed by Democrats.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:11 PM   #28
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well that is a popular opinion in some circles. Not supported by the numbers and certainly for those of us who spend a good amount of time in Republican stronghold states and still see homeless camps, needles on sidewalks, neighborhoods with foil windows, people slinging meth on street corners, etc our eyes tell us a truth that goes beyond the talking points.

Many of those states lock up minorities at a much higher rate than white people. Would anyone like to publicly claim that is due to melanin equating to criminal activity? There are pockets of racists in the US always have been though it isn't as popular now to express the rhetoric out in the open. But for some I am sure that is the Democrat's fault as well right?

A goal of mine in this thread is to focus on those areas where Conservatives are in power yet crime is still well above acceptable levels. So far I have seen the bypass that no it is still the left causing issues but not much actual focus on those areas specifically.

If its a Liberal issue why are areas governed by Conservatives also failing to find some decent impact to curb the problems?
Here's my best analogy for ya on that point. Because this country is ran by morons from both sides of the aisle. Teachers, Parents, Government Officials they aren't inspiring our youth. Everyone gets a free pass to be a jerk. It's really that simple.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #29
onthemovie
Valued Poster

Default onthemovie

If you do something wrong and are not punished, you will continue to do wrong. I learned my lesson over my dads knee when I was about five
onthemovie is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:43 PM   #30
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Spider Senses tingling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
In your link, did they deliberately leave out the factor of ethnic and racial make up.

In all of the cities you listed, how did the violent crimes break down by race.

And, how many violent crimes committed by a particular racial group are committed against members of their own group. I suspect most white criminals prey on other whites, Asians on other Asians, Blacks on other Blacks, etc.

Criminals might be very undiscriminating. They prey on those that are most convenient.
If your Spider Senses are in complete synchronicity with the Force and they are telling you that B-on-B crime is far and away the leading crimes perpetrated, then yes.

Though that was not included in the 1st article, but is available from the second link in the post. However, the "missing link" URL does do such a demographic break down using the second link - and as you are intuiting - it is both staggering and sobering.To whit: B-on-B is logarithmic and off the charts, compared to any other demographic-to-demographic comparison..
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women