Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60272
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41328
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

i perfer email or pms and than after screening I will give a number out now my other work phone is no where conected to my provider status..in fact one gentlemen commented he liked the fact my number is not published bc he he goggled my number and nothing came up...my email is linked to my phone so I can reply to emails quickly...
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #17
Guest020813-03
Account Disabled

User ID: 44473
My ECCIE Reviews

I have the same policy, verify through email first, once arrangements are made then i give my number. And i also ask that it not be given out to anyone, once the friendship is established then they are free to call or text anytime, even if just to say hello.
Guest020813-03 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
la_princesa
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 110369
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Good topic. I'm curious to see what a lot of the guys have to say about this.

Like some of the ladies said, I generally prefer email first. Next would be text. And my least favorite would be phone call. When you are dealing with a complete stranger it's easier to communicate via email than phone call. 98% of the time I don't post my number anywhere. For ladies who reply to emails slowly, this could be a problem. But thankfully, all of my emails come directly to my phone instantly. Go iPhone!!

Anywho, I would think by posting your number, that creates an opportunity for guy to waste your time. He could call and ask a million and one questions, before he decides yay or nay.

Which is why I love websites. They have all the vitals you need to know in regards to making a decision to see the provider or not.

Just my thoughts...
la_princesa is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #19
sophia rose
Account Disabled

User ID: 71545
My ECCIE Reviews

I am also an email only provider until after I have screened. It works just fine for me, and then the gentlemen have my number for repeat visits later. I have no urge to have a phone number out there.
sophia rose is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
alluringava
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 67814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
AMEN!!!!

Seriously I hear the stories all the time...no-shows, wrong addresses, late, etc etc etc.
alluringava is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
guest040412
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

I prefer PM at first and phone after an appointment is set up.
guest040412 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

In the States I don't publish my number....did once but had far too many wankers ringing me all the time! I prefer to only give out my number now after they have passed my screening xx
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

User ID: 83529
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina View Post
If you post your number make it voicemail only, stating in the ad to leave a msg with all necessary info if reaching by phone. If they call and don't leave any info just bs, then don't call them back. Simple screening to weed out over the phone time wasters
That's a great idea, Zabrina.

Thanks so much. I think I'll try it.
Lil Oral Annie is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #24
alluringava
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 67814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie View Post
That's a great idea, Zabrina.

Thanks so much. I think I'll try it.

Yup that sounds like a good idea. In the past I used to state my availability, etc.
alluringava is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
atxdream
Account Disabled

User ID: 3859

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydalee View Post
When I first started advertising on the internet I had my number posted.
I used to receive too many calls were the guys were timewasters or just wanted to talk.Many of the times I would be out or around people and could not talk so email is better for me.I am just as busy as an email only provider as I was when I had my number posted.I have found not having my number posted weeds out a lot of guys who are not serious.

I have taken my number off of all my ads and I am an Email Only provider and I much prefer this way better.
Being email only I can return an email very fast and it is more convenient because the guy has provided his reference info.Even though I am email only I do require a short phone conversation before meeting new friends.
I have found this method works better for me than publishing my phone number.
Just my .02
x2
This thread seems really to apply to new clients only because (at least in my case) they have my # after screening or the day of the appt.

I used to only give out my # the day of the appt, but I've relaxed that now and offer it after screening. Timewasters happen whether you are email or phone; however, imho it's easier to ignore rude emails than hanging up and ignore them calling over and over. The other benefit of being email oriented is that while my phone goes on silent (not vibrate), my phone only usually rings when someone is on their way so I don't have to worry about interruptions. Clients who have seen me before have my # but they typically know to email or pm and so I rarely get calls from those that don't have an appt that day.

I know email/pm only is frustrating to some and I sometimes get the "hey call me at xxx" emails with no other info; however, my business hasn't suffered in the last 3 years that I stopped publishing my #. BUT...My stress level from 2am phone calls, hang ups, phone sex attempters, long text convos that go no where, and general harrasment has gone down to nothing.

I guess if you take last minute appointments from new clients, it might be worth the headache, but in my case it was much more trouble than it's worth.
atxdream is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
Location: Private Incall ~ Westchase/Memorial/Energy Corridor
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Ladies, do you require screening info via phone or do you ask them to email you with the info?
No. I will ask them to e-mail me their screening information, or PM me or message me through P411 to verify who they are, then as soon as they do that I tell them to call me back. This works great for last minute appointments.

Quote:
Ladies, do you find you're busier by posting your phone number?
Yes. I get lots of guys who I can easliy verify that want last minute appointments.

Quote:

Ladies, do you find you get a lot of inappropriate texts and/or calls?
I would say no, not really. I do get them from time to time. I have had the exact same number for 5 years, never changed it and always published it and I have never once gotten a prank or sales call.

I get maybe 2 calls a week that I find offensive (asking sexual questions) but I just hang up on them and block them right away. I also have my number to where blocked or private calls never even make it to my phone so they are not an issue.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #27
Tiffani Jameson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2590
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger4u View Post
I like phone numbers. I travel a lot last minute and rarely have more than a day notice of where I'll be. Email and PM can take too long to respond to and the opportunity is gone. I prefer initial contact via text message. I know many ladies don't like texts. I don't blame them but it works for me. If texts go well then I'll ask to call, etc. When a ladies' phone is blowing up during a session it is kind of a turn off.
Well, aren't you a walking contradiction?

One of the reasons I did away with my phone number is I hate assumptions. I don't want you to assume that because you can't get a hold of me I've got something shoved down my throat other than food. I don't want you to assume that because my phone rings during our meeting that I'm high volume. I used to hate when I missed a call, and when I'm finally able to pick up the phone I get "Mmm. You must've been busy today," when it's actually the opposite.

While I agree with Ava that you get as many pranksters by email as you do by phone, you can easily ignore email. Prank phone calls require the energy to answer, be disappointed, and be upset when the prankster doesn't get the hint and keeps calling.

What I'm learning about communicating in this industry is that everyone doesn't communicate the same and it requires patience. We would love it if every guy that called, stated his name, when he wanted to meet, and if he has references within the first 30 seconds. We would rather emails be more complete with the information we need. Every guy that tells us we're pretty, like four times before he says his name is not a prank caller. Every person that writes one liners in emails are not all time wasters.

My main reason for doing away with the phone is because I don't have the room to talk on the phone most of the day, and it's better when it's a scheduled call from an expected friend.
Tiffani Jameson is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #28
zont
Valued Poster

If ladies do not publish their phone numbers, for the many good reasons cited in this thread, it does gum up the works some on screening. And, as is stated so many times on threads on this site, screening helps keep the ladies safe. Keeping the phone number off the listings and postings keeps them safer too. Can ya have it both ways?

So..... when I want to see Lady A, who wants a reference from Ladies B and C before she will see me, I need to be sure that the phone numbers for Ladies B and C are published before I give the numbers to Lady A. In addition, I also try to see what contact method Ladies B and C prefer and give that to Lady A also. If Lady B or Lady C wants email only and she is not real quick about responding.... well, Lady A and I may not get to see each other. The guys (especially) can just move on to the next one.

Lady A may or may not choose to use what I give her because she may prefer to use her own trusted resources to figure out how to contact Ladies B and C. She is checking to see if I might be a bad guy, right? Bad guys have been known to give out phony contact numbers to trusted feminine accomplices or "co-workers" ( )..... I do not think that this is high on the list of ways to beat the system, but it is in there somewhere.

I have screwed this up before. I gave out a phone number of a lady to another lady so I could be screened, only to get blasted for handing out a number that I should not have handed out. Silly me - thought the ladies cooperated - well not that time. Learned the hard way.

It is reeeeeally hard to get this right all the time. P411 helps a lot, but, as many ladies have posted, relying only on P411 will not get it done either.
zont is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #29
Tiffani Jameson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2590
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zont View Post
If ladies do not publish their phone numbers, for the many good reasons cited in this thread, it does gum up the works some on screening. And, as is stated so many times on threads on this site, screening helps keep the ladies safe. Keeping the phone number off the listings and postings keeps them safer too. Can ya have it both ways?

So..... when I want to see Lady A, who wants a reference from Ladies B and C before she will see me, I need to be sure that the phone numbers for Ladies B and C are published before I give the numbers to Lady A. In addition, I also try to see what contact method Ladies B and C prefer and give that to Lady A also. If Lady B or Lady C wants email only and she is not real quick about responding.... well, Lady A and I may not get to see each other. The guys (especially) can just move on to the next one.

Lady A may or may not choose to use what I give her because she may prefer to use her own trusted resources to figure out how to contact Ladies B and C. She is checking to see if I might be a bad guy, right? Bad guys have been known to give out phony contact numbers to trusted feminine accomplices or "co-workers" ( )..... I do not think that this is high on the list of ways to beat the system, but it is in there somewhere.

I have screwed this up before. I gave out a phone number of a lady to another lady so I could be screened, only to get blasted for handing out a number that I should not have handed out. Silly me - thought the ladies cooperated - well not that time. Learned the hard way.

It is reeeeeally hard to get this right all the time. P411 helps a lot, but, as many ladies have posted, relying only on P411 will not get it done either.
Darling, that's why it's always best to go with a companion that has reviews or seeking reviews. She is easy to find, through her own ads, website and sites like this one.

I don't need her number, because I'm not going to call her unless otherwise stated. Everyone has their own reference policy, but the standard rule is to email.
Tiffani Jameson is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
LucadeJure
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 46

For your safety and to prevent spending inordinate amounts of time with pranksters I suggest that you do not publish your phone number. Annie, you have an informative website, an ECCIE showcase, and a P411 presence which provides plenty of information. I'm just thinking about the safety of every one of you ladies because there are people searching for any opportunity to inflict harm, whether it be psychological or physical, for whatever reason they rationalize to themselves.

Just my two cents worth.
LucadeJure is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women