Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162754
Yssup Rider60463
gman4453237
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48483
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41805
CryptKicker37189
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36194
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
MelindaMadison
Account Disabled

User ID: 66907
My ECCIE Reviews

Money gives one Choices.... and it is the underlying character within a person that will lead them to right...or wrong...

However...I like to believe that How we come across money (is it earned through hard work or successful transactions rewarded that typically DO require good character and decision making..or is it given without value..hence "squandered"...

Either way..i hate generalizations on any class...those that we may envy...or those we may not..

Money and success always seems to breed contempt either way
MelindaMadison is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

You hate generalazations on one hand and then on the other you say 'money & success always sem to breed contempt'. How about greedy folks breed contempt? That is more in tune with what the article had in mind
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #18
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Total generalization and utter rubbish! Especially, if the person in question came from humble beginnings. But, I suppose both the wealthy and the skint can have shite morals and ethics about them. Personally, my father worked very hard and died a very wealthy man. More's the pity really--he was a cheating bastard. I however, was raised with money and can proudly say I've never cheated when in a committed relationship. Finances only corrupt if one has rubbish morals in the first place. To say money corrupts is totally daft. Its using it as a crutch or rather an excuse to be a "cunty" person.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default Talk about burying the lead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

From the article.
The research indicates that valuing greed leads to unethical behavior, not necessarily that income class causes bad behavior, McGinley said, adding, “greediness seems like a much more substantial predictor than income.”
It's not the most well-written synopsis of academic research I've ever encountered. It's difficult to tell exactly what, if anything, this study figured out based solely on reading this article. T'would have been nice of the author to include a link to the academic journal which initially published the findings. Oh well...que sera sera...

But, the quote WTF grabbed* (which comes almost at the end of the article, thus the title of this post) seems to be the heart of it. To which I can only respond....

Greedy people are more likely to break the rules??? Shocking...does everybody know about this??

It's in trying to assess the - seemingly logical - implication that people are rich because they're greedy rather than greedy because they're rich where things get messy. Social Science research is a BITCH to do well. Even when done well, it can prove to be - ultimately - unsatisfying in that it can only establish correlation. It can never establish causality.

Eh...maybe there is a discussion on the repercussions of the implication...if the implication is accurate. However, the validity of the premise for such a discussion is up for grabs. You'd have to go back to the actual study - and all of the studies sited as a foundation - to see how well the experiments were set up & how they crunched the numbers just to establish the likelihood that that the implication is true. Lol...who has the energy...let alone the intellectual curiosity to do that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The study builds on previous research that has shown wealthy people are worse at recognizing how others feel and are more likely to be disengaged during social interactions, the authors wrote.
LOL...queue up the Snoop D-O-double-G, "With my mind on my money & my money on my mind..."

That might be a bit more interesting to contemplate if the characterization of the previous research is accurate. Same cavaets apply, though. Perhaps, it's actually greedy people - rich or poor - that are more likely to exhibit this behavior as well. I'm not convinced the author of the newspaper article understands much of anything.

It's interesting stuff, though! I probably should get off my lazy ass at some point & go find all of this "previous research" being referred to....but I probably won't.

* BTW, not sure where the "income" hyperlink was supposed to take the curious. It be broke.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #20
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Having an overabundance of money allows the wealthier people to spend their money in a stealthier manner than those without. A quick meaningless tryst with a woman that's not interested in a "relationship" is a quick and easy way to get rid of pent up tensions and do so in a quality manner (I don't find jacking off that satisfying when the alternative is a tight young pussy, mouth and/or ass). I never have affairs (i.e. long-term relation ship with one woman) unless she's married and has as much to lose as I do if discovered.
txcwby6 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcwby6 View Post
Having an overabundance of money allows the wealthier people to spend their money in a stealthier manner than those without. A quick meaningless tryst with a woman that's not interested in a "relationship" is a quick and easy way to get rid of pent up tensions and do so in a quality manner (I don't find jacking off that satisfying when the alternative is a tight young pussy, mouth and/or ass). I never have affairs (i.e. long-term relation ship with one woman) unless she's married and has as much to lose as I do if discovered.

I think you are exactly who the study was refrencing! LOL
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #22
Laurentius
Valued Poster

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss.html

Business in general favors psychopathic traits because the criteria for right/wrong in business is the bottom line. The more willing you are to lie, cheat, etc. the more likely you are to gain an advantage that will lead to money. Easy.

Let me give you an example. I am in many businesses. In one of them, we have to advertise. The product sold has absolutely nothing to do with attractiveness and affects attractiveness not at all. Yet, I authorized advertising that uses hypnotic techniques of critical factor bypass and selective attention to cause people to associate choosing our product with their attractiveness. This is the same thing done to sell cars, cigarettes and a million other things. The fact that I am willing to do that is a psychopathic trait. Yet, in a competitive business I can't unilaterally take the "high road" because if I do, I will fail. So business favors those willing to do less than ideally ethical things.

That's the way life is. I do the best I can to conduct my businesses in an ethical fashion, but I am not going to starve just to prove I'm a nice guy either.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
Bigh1955
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySeven View Post
So I guess this means that I can't trust my sugardaddy.
Never...Never...trust a SD...Oh wait...I wannabe a SD! LMAO! Thanks
Bigh1955 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #24
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss.html

Business in general favors psychopathic traits because the criteria for right/wrong in business is the bottom line. The more willing you are to lie, cheat, etc. the more likely you are to gain an advantage that will lead to money. Easy.

Let me give you an example. I am in many businesses. In one of them, we have to advertise. The product sold has absolutely nothing to do with attractiveness and affects attractiveness not at all. Yet, I authorized advertising that uses hypnotic techniques of critical factor bypass and selective attention to cause people to associate choosing our product with their attractiveness. This is the same thing done to sell cars, cigarettes and a million other things. The fact that I am willing to do that is a psychopathic trait. Yet, in a competitive business I can't unilaterally take the "high road" because if I do, I will fail. So business favors those willing to do less than ideally ethical things.

That's the way life is. I do the best I can to conduct my businesses in an ethical fashion, but I am not going to starve just to prove I'm a nice guy either.
Where have you been?? I missed you!
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

In current society in order to be wealthy one has to either

1) Invent the next Facebook, or

2) Be on the top of corporate ladder, or

3) Become celebrity.

lets take a look at those who fall under #2.

Robert Hare is known as the creator of the Psychopathy Checklist. According to his research that he conducted in prisons, "The average Psychopathy Checklist score for incarcerated male offenders in North America is 23.3, out of a possible 40. A score of around 20 qualifies as "moderately psychopathic." Only 1% of the general population would score 30 or above, which is "highly psychopathic," the range for the most violent offenders. Hare has said that the typical citizen would score a 3 or 4, while anything below that is "sliding into sainthood.""

Similar studies done in corporate environment illustrated that many corporate leaders score way above average. Hare actually believes that about 4 percent of people with substantial decision-making power can be classified as such.

This should explain a little WHY wealthier people are more likely to cheat.
ForumPoster is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #26
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarahAdams View Post
Where have you been?? I missed you!
All stories start with "I met a girl ...." and that's where I have been! :-)
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #27
MissNorway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 86347
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't think the study is true. Cheating and infidelity have more to do with a person's background, mentality, and current situation. I think the wealthy are just targeted because society cares more about the rich & upper class instead of the poor and underprivileged. JMO
MissNorway is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #28
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNorway View Post
I don't think the study is true. Cheating and infidelity have more to do with a person's background, mentality, and current situation. I think the wealthy are just targeted because society cares more about the rich & upper class instead of the poor and underprivileged. JMO
The studies are speaking of "cheating" meaning bypassing the letter or intent of established rules or norms, and aren't addressing things like marital infidelity. The factors affecting marital infidelity are not typically psychopathic traits, though they may sometimes be.

In business, the standard of value by which actions are judged is the bottom line. Obviously, cheating is a way of gaining advantage -- which augments the bottom line. Therefore, business success, in general, will favor those willing to cheat as well as those less mindful of how their behavior may harm others.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@Laurentius - your wisdom has been missed.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
Willen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Like ALL analyses of groups, it tells you nothing about the next person in that category you encounter.

For those of you with means to troll the very wealthy--I wish you good luck. And thanks for leaving the other 99% to blokes like me.
Willen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women