Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70747
biomed162848
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42029
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36402
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
actually, CNN did llie

its not a 7% lead

its 9%

D'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Why not quote the Pew Research poll; they've got Obama up by 10%. They only had to poll twice as many Dimos as Republicans to get it. I really think they back into the poll. They skew the sample group as much as necessary to get the number they want.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Actually I did; and you can clearly see that the polling is based on randomly selected registered voters and a bunch of hispanics thrown in to boot.....not very reliable nor scientific...............and if you dig deep into the weeds of the poll you see that respondents who are very interested in the election favor Romney !!!!!!!!!!!

Only trust polls that tract likely voters; everything else is lipstick on a pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
Reading is fundamental, did you bother to click the link associated with the Fox news PDF that has a record of their polls this past summer? I guess not- just a skimmer.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Why not quote the Pew Research poll; they've got Obama up by 10%. They only had to poll twice as many Dimos as Republicans to get it. I really think they back into the poll. They skew the sample group as much as necessary to get the number they want.

why not shove fox up your butt like you always do?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

I thought that was how all polls are conducted by a random selection unless you are used to your trusted News Outlets to just pick and choose who ever they think will give the a better outcome on whichever side they are biased on. Are you saying that FOX NEWS is biased along with the money other news organizations that a reporting the same statistics as FOX and has something against Romney so they have an agenda when it comes to polling?

Quote:
The additional interviews of Hispanic respondents were done to allow analysis of the subgroup, and are weighted so Hispanics are not over-represented in the overall national sample. The total 170 of Hispanics is made up of 55 interviews done as part of the base national sample and 115 oversample interviews from a list of Hispanic voters developed from previously conducted national random digit dial (RDD) surveys. Oversample interviews were conducted in both English and Spanish.
They most likely ( just my guess) oversampled on Hispanics because they want to see their specific view on the campaign since the Hispanic vote is a big deal for both Romney and Obama.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I think they use their Magic 8 ball......
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

Only trust polls that tract likely voters; everything else is lipstick on a pig.
I pretty sure an American citizen wouldn't take a long survery to express their opinions on the Presidential campaign if they didn't have intentions on voting. Would seem like a big waste of time to me.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #22
Annef
Account Disabled

User ID: 82364
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
A few weeks ago you guys where having hard-ons whenever Romney was edging in the polls, and now that Obama's in the lead you think it is monopolized thrash. Even Fox News is broadcasting that Obama is in the leads at the polls you guys need to get your panties out of a bunch and just deal with it. We won't know who is president until the election.

Romney panders to a certain type of demographic and that certain demographic are the only one that like Romney more than Obama, the only polls he leads on is when it comes to race. He needs to stop licking the ass crack of the Tea Party and try to convince the rest of America that he is competent of changing the country and which SPECIFIC ways he will go about changing it if he wins instead of pointing out the things Obama is doing wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...idential-race/

Thank you! Why is it that whenever die hard republicans are losing its always due to some media conspiracy? To quote john stewart,"It's a shit sandwhich; its supposed to taste like shit". And, if ya'll don't like it, you need to fix your party. Pandering to the vilage idiots within the party (ie tea partiers) will insure an Obama re-election.
Annef is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
I thought that was how all polls are conducted by a random selection unless you are used to your trusted News Outlets to just pick and choose who ever they think will give the a better outcome on whichever side they are biased on. Are you saying that FOX NEWS is biased along with the money other news organizations that a reporting the same statistics as FOX and has something against Romney so they have an agenda when it comes to polling?

They most likely ( just my guess) oversampled on Hispanics because they want to see their specific view on the campaign since the Hispanic vote is a big deal for both Romney and Obama.
No, polling performed in order to predict the outcome of an election, is absolutely not supposed to be done based on a randomly selected sample group.

Legitimate pollsters are trying to only poll the people most likely to vote; that isn't acheived by random selection. It doesn't do the pollster any good to know how people intend to vote, if in fact, they don't intend to vote.

In addition, legitimate pollsters make an effort to poll a sample group that is demographically representative of people who actually turn out to vote. They try not to interview too many old people, too many young people, too many white people, too many Democrats or too many Republicans, etc.

It's very easy for a pollster to get any result he wants, simply by oversampling a certain group. You can't just poll an NRA meeting or a NAACP meeting, and assume that's going provide an accurate representation of the national vote.

Poll results are meaningless, unless the sample group is fairly chosen. Many of the recent polls are obviously rigged.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It isn't a "conspiracy"...it is called critical thinking. Understanding the polling methods and how those methods effect outcomes.........

I am very happy with Obamazombies living in their world of denial.......it will make the outcome sweeter..............

Keep thinking that a president who has an approval rating consistently in the low 40% range can be leading by such a wide margin......it makes it easier to beat opposition who isn't thinking clearly.

BTW; what Jon Stewart should have said was : "If someone serves you a shit sandwich, you don't have to necessarily eat it." But that is your call if you want to eat the sandwich or not.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
why not shove fox up your butt like you always do?
You commie-libs are always saying that Fox is just right wing propaganda. So does this mean you'll finally concede they're "fair and balanced"? Or, do you think this some sort of diabolical trick by the evil right wingers?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
No, polling performed in order to predict the outcome of an election, is absolutely not supposed to be done based on a randomly selected sample group.

Legitimate pollsters are trying to only poll the people most likely to vote; that isn't acheived by random selection. It doesn't do the pollster any good to know how people intend to vote, if in fact, they don't intend to vote.

In addition, legitimate pollsters make an effort to poll a sample group that is demographically representative of people who actually turn out to vote. They try not to interview too many old people, too many young people, too many white people, too many Democrats or too many Republicans, etc.

It's very easy for a pollster to get any result he wants, simply by oversampling a certain group. You can't just poll an NRA meeting or a NAACP meeting, and assume that's going provide an accurate representation of the national vote.

Poll results are meaningless, unless the sample group is fairly chosen. Many of the recent polls are obviously rigged.

huh?

no random polls?

oh yeah I forgot ... Fox hand picks the people in their polls.

In this case they couldnt find enough Romney supporters to make up th 9% lead Obie has over Willard
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Well if you are getting hard-ons over Romney I am thinking that dick ain't meant for me lol
Well, that's a visual we could all have done without.

It's a little early to be gloating over polls. There is plenty of time left for one or both candidates to truly screw things up for themselves.

Wait until November. Then maybe the polls will be more relevant.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
huh?

no random polls?

oh yeah I forgot ... Fox hand picks the people in their polls.

In this case they couldnt find enough Romney supporters to make up th 9% lead Obie has over Willard
No the polls are ABSOLUTELY NOT RANDOM. You really are clueless. Polls are designed to predict the behavior of a particular group of people, voters. The sample group is deliberately crafted to exclude people who don't vote.

This is pretty simple stuff. Even you should be able to understand it.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
No the polls are ABSOLUTELY NOT RANDOM. You really are clueless. Polls are designed to predict the behavior of a particular group of people, voters. The sample group is deliberately crafted to exclude people who don't vote.

This is pretty simple stuff. Even you should be able to understand it.

in other words a random sample of a specific group.

thanks, I knew that
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I will wait until after the first debate to get worried one way or the other. If you remember the polls in 08 there are times they showed McCain would win.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women