Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48041
pyramider46370
bambino40772
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
If you don't believe humans have contributed to the warming you have your head in the sand.Large cities absorb heat and is always warmer than the outskirts.Carbon monoxide is another.They are not the main as climate changes over time.Deforestation is another.
Isn't it awkward how Ekim the Inbred always cramps on his periods!?!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Isn't it awkward how Ekim the Inbred always cramps on his periods!?!

My god the idiot IB Whining crawled out from under his rock doing a JD Barleycorn impression.What a clueless bastard...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
My god the idiot IB Whining crawled out from under his rock doing a JD Barleycorn impression.What a clueless bastard...
It's obvious you are still cramping on your periods, Ekim the Inbred. How painful!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The one thing overlooked in all of these doom day senarios is they overlook the way the Planet works.
"Climate change" in one area of t he Planet that is deemed bad might be deemed good in another. Fpr instance, we in the South have been enjoying a very good tear round run od good weather. It never freezes in the Winter, and the Summers don't seem to be any different than they have for our entire lives.

We tend to think as climate change as being bad because it affects Human populations. It always has. There are parts of what is now the Sahara Desert that harbored great civilizations over 5000 years ago.
Only now are we discovering that. These finally perished, or had to move, because of the planets own deserfication of the are.
We have live with major Hurricanes for centuries on The Gulf Coast. You learn to adapt and live with them. If climate change means others might have to do the same, then they will have to adapt.
One of these days the west coast is going to be hit with a massive earthquake that is going to make most "disasters" seem petty. The last time I looked, people in that Region are still building and getting on with their lives. Granted, they are improving buildings and other major structures that are designed to cope with the stresses better, but only that can go so far. If the entire ground collapses, or you have a major plate shift that registers more than 8, there is nothing you can do but hope for the best.

In the meantime, today, in Houston Tex, at the end of January, it is 78 dehrees. They say Wednesday it might get down into the high 40's, but bt the end of the week will be back up again.

Pretty good place to live.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It's obvious you are still cramping on your periods, ekim the Inbred. How painful!

Another useless raving from the idiot in chief.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
essence
Valued Poster

Amazing how all these amateurs know more than very highly educated people who have been studying it for all their careers.

A bit like the anti-evolutionists.

I don't know the science, I am sure it would take immense effort and time to convince myself one way or another, but I know enough to know that to ignore it, even if the likelihood of danger was less than 1%, would be foolish.

The worst thing is to regard these matters as issues of 'belief' or 'religion'. It is science, with all the uncertainty which that implies. Nobody 'knows' whether or not there is global warming, it is a gradual accumulation over a long time of a vast amount of small amounts of information, and the highly complex modelling of such.

Nuance, shades of grey, evolving evidence.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You mean like these guys?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...consensus-not/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...l_warming.html

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/50-NAS...Global-Warming
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #23
essence
Valued Poster

CoG, you did not read my post, or maybe your language skills are not sufficiently tuned to understand nuance.

It is to possible accept there is no consenses, there is no proof, there are conflicting arguments, there are differences of opinion. That is all normal in the world of science.

I repeat that scientists should not talk in the language of proof or belief.

Yes, despite all that, as I said above, to dismiss any concern is ridiculous.

So, CoG, what is your level of concern?

I found the wiki link quite useful. A reasonable summary.

Any projection will have uncertainty. Any projection should include a range of uncertainty, or, better, a probability distribution.

Most people find handling uncertainty unfamiliar, and prefer the 'there is/is not global warming', which is a completely unscientific and amateurish discussion.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #24
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Amazing how all these amateurs know more than very highly educated people who have been studying it for all their careers.

A bit like the anti-evolutionists.

I don't know the science, I am sure it would take immense effort and time to convince myself one way or another, but I know enough to know that to ignore it, even if the likelihood of danger was less than 1%, would be foolish.

The worst thing is to regard these matters as issues of 'belief' or 'religion'. It is science, with all the uncertainty which that implies. Nobody 'knows' whether or not there is global warming, it is a gradual accumulation over a long time of a vast amount of small amounts of information, and the highly complex modelling of such.

Nuance, shades of grey, evolving evidence.
The issue is not just whether there is global warming, but also whether or not it's human caused. The Earth has warmed and cooled countless times over millions of years, even before humans existed.

The existing scientific evidence for human caused global warming is flimsy at best. Al Gore's book and movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" were full of proven mistakes, exaggerations and outright lies. Climate researchers have repeatedly been caught falsifying data in order to produce the desired outcome.

Climate researchers in the seventies were warning that there was an ice age coming. Now they say we're all going to burn up. Give me a break.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
rodog44
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Here is another interesting question.

Why are folks willing to spend trillions of dollars to protect themselves from terrorist when the chance of them being killed by lightening is greater?
When you are in storm you can usually take cover. When someone puts a bomb under your ass you're fucked.
rodog44 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #26
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The issue is not just whether there is global warming, but also whether or not it's human caused.
Agreed, but you fall into the trap of is/isnot.

Also, you omit to mention the debate about whether global warming has any serious implications or not, and what level of concern we should have.

What is your level of concern, given all the uncertainty and lack of so-called 'proof'.

Zero?

Wouldn't that be a rather ridiculous position to take?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

There were dinosaurs and ice ages.anyone who is scoffing at climate change needs a heads up.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
There were dinosaurs and ice ages.anyone who is scoffing at climate change needs a heads up.
Anybody who argues that the observed rise is due to natural phenomena and therefore we have nothing to worry about needs to think again.

There are orthogonal questions and actions.

Is the rise in temperature due to natural causes or man made causes?

Is the rise in sea temperatures an indication of gloabl warming/climate change?

Does the rise in temperatire and/or climate change have any consequences for which we should take avoiding action?

I don;t care whether climate change is due to cows farting or forests burning or power stations powering, if they contribute to similar end results for which we need to prepare.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Isn't NASA scouting for our next home planet right now.... we've got nothing to worry about, just a matter of time before moving day
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

All this man made global warming, is a bunch of bs, broughr about by the likes of shit for brains al gore, and all his cronies that are all set on selling and trading in carbon credits. Just another big scam by wall street insiders and low life cocksuckers like soros. They want to control every aspect of your life, what you can eat, drink, drive, where you can live. And they will not give up till they have their way. Man made global warming? Maybe a very small percentage, of what may, or may not be happening. Everything, goes through cycles, wether it be plant, animal, or the weather. You folks down here in Texas notice the tremendous acorn crop this year? It was caused by the drought, a year and a half ago, just natures way of compensating. Same principles hold true for just about anything, nature related.
Seedy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women