Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70551
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48054
pyramider46370
bambino40809
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
wildwooly1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 25

lol..too funny...i guess we all grew up the same way..when i got in trouble at school they would make u go up in front of class and get the board and the teacher would wear your ass out and because i played lots of sports when i got to athletics be it football season or whatever season the coach would then take it out on you by giving you wind sprints and then when you got home you got it again from your parents ..usually my dad would take off his belt and wear my ass out .
No communications hell ..there was a grapevine back then and in a small town news traveled pretty fast when you screwed up.
I look back at it now and wonder man if those people didnt care back then how would i have turned out?
I never really did anything real bad that the law was ever involved in but i seemed to stay in trouble from fights to just stupid ideas the guys came up with.
Back then the whole town took care of you and when i was real young the nuns at catholic school would keep you in line..lol
Somehow all of my friends and myself turned out pretty good !
wildwooly1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #17
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I can relate, I remember all I needed was a spoon and we spent all day carving out huge elaborate "match box car cities" ! I had such a favorite match box car that I bought the real thing when I could finally afford it. (Hunter Green Jag)
Oh and yeah, the street lights came on your ass better be home!! I can remember my Mom saying "didn't you see the street lights flickering" ?? Meaning there were just about to come on and I should be home before they were fully bright.
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
wildwooly1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 25

You had street lights?
lol..damn SNL you are young..lmao
wildwooly1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
otrdriver
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

those were the good times!!! really miss them. I feel sorry for the young families with kids, with the gov't getting their pecker in everyones business and the PC society this country needs to go back to the good old days.!!

anybody remember the cartoon that came on saturday morning, you placed a plastic cover on the screen and colored the cartoons?? can't remember the name.
otrdriver is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #20
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcher View Post
Getting spanked with a belt, or making that long, slow walk to get a switch for mom to use on me was a fairly common occurrence for many. Now, if a parent spanks a kid with a belt you're in danger of being accused of child abuse. Yuppies in the '80's started coddling and over protecting kids, giving time outs to some kids who really needed a little ass whipping. Sorry, a time out to some kids is like saying you really did nothing wrong. The pussification of parents began and it's gotten so bad kids who don't respond to passive aggressiveness get therapy?

When and who invented ADHD? It wasn't around in the '60's and '70's. We called it hyperactivity and didn't need drugs to cure or suppress it. We got things to do, like going outside and interacting with neighbors, reading, etc. I do not believe in ADHD and the drugging of children. It's an easy out for parents to shun responsibility and great for the psychiatric profession and pharmaceutical companies. There are exceptions, I'm sure, but the number of kids diagnosed with it and on drugs is out of proportion.
Punishment has multiple layers, just like most everything.
Mom was level 1, hand spanking and the paint stirring stick. She also administered non-judicial (non-impact) punishment. It was sitting on a chair. There was no attempt at making it sound like it wasn’t punishment. Sentence fit the crime.
When you got the “Wait till your father gets home” and it wasn’t rescinded before he got there, you got the belt. We discussed how we fucked up and how we would act in the future. The belt was never swung in anger. My older brother would grit his teeth and take 3 whacks before he made a sound. He would end up getting 4-5. I of course started screaming when he grabbed me. I got 2-3. We were both whimpering when we went outside. One of us stopped the instant the door closed.

There is a huge difference between a spanking and a beating…..to most people. A small percentage think spanking is the worst thing you can do. A small percentage see no problem with punching “the little bastard” out. Sounds like the real world. A bell curve. Some won’t touch, some will half kill, and everybody else falls somewhere in between. My personal feeling is that if you are still administering corporal punishment (on a regular basis) when kids are 15, you fucked up. Pain is pretty much for when the concept of their mistake doesn’t have the impact of your hand. At 15, I wish I could get off with 6 whacks. Grounding was the worst. Being the constraint kid (earliest curfew), there were numerous times I had to decide if the fun was worth the grounding. Since I had a paper route, I could go out at night to collect (you went to the house and said “Collect $1.20 for the morning paper” (we had a morning and evening, the Tribune and the Star). That was for 2 weeks. My point is that I had a get out of grounding free card.

As far as ADD goes, that’s what turned the above 15 lines of text into 30, what got me the paddle in school, put me out in the hall, an “N” on my report card in conduct every year, got a good laugh from the tough guy as he prepared to kick my wise-ass self’s ass, and made my handwriting impossible to read, etc In 7th grade the handwriting grade ended and I have not written in cursive since Sept. of 1966.

The number of diagnosed cases is probably in the ballpark to varying degrees. The problem is medication. They are powerful and addictive drugs that need to be closely monitored. Since I was the guy who had everyone at my house helping with chores when I was grounded and also the guy who went to South Dakota (parent’s home state) for the 4th of July and returned to Minnesota with $50 worth of fireworks that I sold for $400-500, I may have been a 12 yo suburban drug dealer if I had access to adderal or some such.
The point is the majority of the kids receive the medication to go to school. It doesn't matter if you are ADHD or ADD when you are outside running around. The rest of the time, BFD.

Prescribing the drug is only needed (IMO) when there is no other choice. Since putting me in the hall or the principal’s office worked, no need to medicate me. Now I take ADD medication because I like powerful and addictive drugs
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #21
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Great Thread. I can relate to all the posts. So instead of just repeating something that had been already posted. I thought I would dedicate this song to all of us.

http://youtu.be/4ttLRDQ6yPI
acp5762 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women