Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162441
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35763
Mojojo33117

Old 09-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #16
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I live in the Northland and Google fiber has been installed, but they haven't made the connections to the homes yet. I signed up for the free lifetime internet for a $300 equipment charge. It's only 5mps download. And the fine print says the free portion is only guaranteed for 7 years. I may upgrade to the gigibite and tv at some point for $120 month, but I am waiting to see how others like it first.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #17
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

i Googled fiber, and found out i'm deficient.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
lawyerinjeans
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Just another cool thing about G.F., they give you a 7" tablet that is also a remote. I'm wireless and its blu-ray (or whatever you call it) so you don't have to point the remote at TV.
lawyerinjeans is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerinjeans View Post
Just another cool thing about G.F., they give you a 7" tablet that is also a remote. I'm wireless and its blu-ray (or whatever you call it) so you don't have to point the remote at TV.
they don't give you this?
havinga tablet instead of remote would be a pain in the ass. You don't need a tablet, a simple IR remote or even RF remote would be great
a tablet? are you sure? it's not what their site says
https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2679539?hl=en
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #20
BBQDude71
Gaining Momentum

Each TV box comes with a remote. But as a promotion, they are also giving a fully functional tablet. You can run the GF app on it and manage all of your TVs from it.

But no, you still get a traditional remote too.
BBQDude71 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #21
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerinjeans View Post

From what I understand that promo is over
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #22
zeejoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

I'm in the current wave in JOCO and there is no tablet mentioned at all in the packages. They have an app for tablets and phones that lets you use them as remotes.
Don't even need another tablet, but it's a shame if its not a freebie- I'd have sold it on EBAY.
zeejoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #23
swarmyone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
they don't give you this?
havinga tablet instead of remote would be a pain in the ass. You don't need a tablet, a simple IR remote or even RF remote would be great
a tablet? are you sure? it's not what their site says
https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2679539?hl=en
You get both. Although I cannot understand why anyone would want to use the Nexus tablet as a remote. You are correct, it is a pain in the ass. I use the blue tooth remote for all tv functions. I gave the tablet to the kids and let them use it for school and stuff.
swarmyone is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #24
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Just double checked and if you signed up for Gigabit + TV before the deadline you get the free Nexus 7 tablet.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #25
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElumEno View Post
Just double checked and if you signed up for Gigabit + TV before the deadline you get the free Nexus 7 tablet.
this is odd, I have never had a sign up time in my area(LS) so I couldnt have GF deadline, see how that works

yet when I look for a network to join at my home, (I have my Clear network) someone has GF or they named their network that

wtf?

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/

how can they have GF?
I called (877) 962-8301 and they didnt have anymore info, cept to tell me give them my address and they'll email me when its time for sign ups
Old 10-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #26
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default It's All About The NIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
good point
what do you suggest to get as much out of it as I can?
currently I have
MS windows 7 home 64 SP1
AMD FX-4130 quad core processor, 8 GB RAM

I use clear internet which is cheap compared to comcast. No wires, make it ideal
I can stream netflix with no issues, but when I speed test, its still 1MBps up and download is about 9Mbps
I have Google Fiber and several PC's Tablets and Laptops and I call tell you that the computer specs are not very important. The Network Interface Card speed is the only spec you need to worry about. Most computers bought within the last few years have gigabit NIC's that can handle gigabit speeds. If you do not have a gigabit NIC then you will not be able to use Google Fiber to it's full potential. You should still be able to get 100 MBps, but you will not get the full 1000 MBps.

If you are using wireless, that is a totally different topic as most wireless cards do not do 1000 MBps and you will have to settle for anywhere between 54 Mbps and a few hundred, (depending on your wireless card and router). I get well over 1000 MBps on all my wired connections and usually around 300 MBps on my wireless connections. This is still enough to never see a pause in my streaming video and I download full movies in under a minute wired and a few minutes wireless.

As far as the computer specs go, my weakest computer is an Intel Dual Core with 4 GB RAM running Windows 7 64-Bit and my best computer runs two Intel Xeon 10-Core processors, (yes that's 20 physical Cores) with 128 GB RAM running Windows Server 2012 R2 and I see no difference in Internet speeds on any of my machines, (physical or virtual).

Long story short, if you can get Google Fiber, get it. It is well worth it regardless of what you are running hardware wise.
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #27
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead View Post
Long story short, if you can get Google Fiber, get it. It is well worth it regardless of what you are running hardware wise.
thanks for the info

I will have to get a gigabit NIC, I don't think I have that, because my computer was bought with components just thrown together.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #28
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

I hate comcast, but $30/month for cable is not THAT bad

I have an issue with king of the hill, KCMI
it's NOT IN HD

Erwin: Hello BCPL_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Erwin. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Erwin: It's a pleasure to have you on chat. I hope you're doing well today!
Erwin: It's a pleasure to have you on chat. I hope you're doing well today!
BCPL_: My Issue: what channel is KCMI HD?
Erwin: I got your point, I'm also a customer. I also want to know what channel is KMCI HD. You have reached the support for cable TV service. Rest assured I will do everything within my means to address your concern today.
Erwin: Please allow me 2-3 minutes to pull up your account, so that I can assist you further, would that be fine?
BCPL_: okl
Erwin: While waiting, let me share this link to you http://www.comcast.net/benefits/ , with this you can actually explore on what you can get from Comcast. Moreover, if you like to know more about comcast products and features, please feel free to visit this site: rofileid=31731FAE-E477-447E-82F1-9D3BB822FF49&lid=4ShopBundles& lpos=Nav" target="_blank">http://www.comcast.com/localization/...ePage=Bundled&[IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Te mp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image0 02.gif[/IMG]rofileid=31731FAE-E477-447E-82F1-9D3BB822FF49&lid=4ShopBundles& lpos=Nav
BCPL_: hHAHA i can't even get a channel in HD, or find out what that's on, heck why do I want more stuff from comcast?
Erwin: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Erwin: The HD channel for KMCI is 807
BCPL_: then why is the video small and not big to fill the entire plasma screen?
BCPL_: other HD channels fill the whole screen
Erwin: Thank you for providing that information.
Erwin: Let me trouble shoot this for you, BCPL.
Erwin: I already made some changes to the codes on your account, do you still have the same issue?
BCPL_: hang on
BCPL_: no
BCPL_: what did you do?
BCPL_: thank you
Erwin: , I am confused, is your issue is resolved or not?
BCPL_: You can't read? you asked if I still had the issue and I said no, DUh
BCPL_: thank you

yeah, so it wasnt HD, I had to call them and then they made the program fill the whole screen
why it wasnt this way before?
NO IDEA
sheesh
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #29
Newgrounds19
Registered Member

I can tell you from my inside knowledge of gf. It is really as good as it looks. My newer IMAC will run 980 mbps. Instant downloads. along with the sharp and clear hd that comes with the tv package. And the fact that these fiber lines they are running are new!!!!!! every other provider has had the same lines for 10 plus years. you'll enjoy it. even the free service is a game changer!!
Newgrounds19 is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #30
new2thescene
Valued Poster

I'm going with the free service. I was at 3mb when i first got high speed several years back. The saving over 7 years would be over $5k and i'd feel like i would have to be online nonstop to justify the $70 cost for 1gb.

My signup deadline was 6 months ago and google c/s says installs are 4-6 months after your deadline date ends. I got the email that installs in some areas are being delayed a year from the signup deadline.
new2thescene is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women