Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70522
biomed161359
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453093
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47939
pyramider46370
bambino40556
CryptKicker37126
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #16
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
Let me explain what makes me unique and you not so much. I came from poverty to wealth through hard work. I can empathize with the poor while also condemning the lazy within the ranks of the poor. I can also relate to wealthy whites while supporting the ideals of hard work and and unity at the same time rejecting the notion of racism and bigotry.

I'm uniquely qualified to speak on this issue because I can relate to both perspectives whereas you cannot. Your viewpoint in all things is very limited. Jesus had similar qualities in that he could relate to poor and to wealth. Of course I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys. Much of what you espouse is hypocrisy run amuk.
So basically, you are saying... hypocrisy is sacrament to Ozombies. We already knew that.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

What a bunch of self aggrandizing malarky. What you describe as "unique" is better described as "overblown self importance."

You are not unique. The only uniqueness you possess is your lack of humility and introspection.

You only think you empathize; when in reality you rationalize.

Quote:
Let me explain what makes me unique and you not so much. I came from poverty to wealth through hard work. I can empathize with the poor while also condemning the lazy within the ranks of the poor. I can also relate to wealthy whites while supporting the ideals of hard work and and unity at the same time rejecting the notion of racism and bigotry.

I'm uniquely qualified to speak on this issue because I can relate to both perspectives whereas you cannot. Your viewpoint in all things is very limited. Jesus had similar qualities in that he could relate to poor and to wealth. Of course I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys. Much of what you espouse is hypocrisy run amuk.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #18
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
you are using sleight of hand to cover your boast

honesty is required in any valuable discussion

additionally you attribute to me failings, of which, you have no basis to judge
Your politics speak on your behalf. I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #19
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Your politics speak on your behalf. I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day.
the study rigorous study of philosophy may aid you in honing your ability to reason

additionally it may teach you the value of honesty
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #20
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Quote:
the study rigorous study of philosophy may aid you in honing your ability to reason

additionally it may teach you the value of honesty
Hmmm. Well the philosophical teachings of the gospels are on my side. Congressional Republican leadership is clearly at odds with Christianity. If I'm not mistaken even the Pope recently admonished the Republicans for their non compassionate policies. I will see if I can find the Pope's excouriation of Republicans.

It's simple stop being selfish, self centered, greedy, false patriots, and void of any christ like forgiveness.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Sad is Obama's broken promise of being the first "post-racial" President by playing the race card constantly and using huckster Al Sharpton as an appointed rabble rouser and shake down artist...with the full approval of the DNC.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #22
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Sad is Obama's broken promise of being the first "post-racial" President by playing the race card constantly and using huckster Al Sharpton as an appointed rabble rouser and shake down artist...with the full approval of the DNC.
Smelly ol' Turdfly, let's assume for a brief moment that your (thus far unsubstantiated) allegations are accurate?

Where is the link that the above has "the full approval of the DNC?"
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #23
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Not one decided to go. Talk about a colossal failure of leadership. Looks as if they have no big tent afterall and it's likely why they'll never win the presidency again. They just dont know how to think ahead. I'm sure if we were commemorating the 50th of anything Jewish there wouldnt be enough seats for congressional republicans. If they cant get behind this effort to commemorate progress in America they are doomed. Very disappointing decision as they missed a real opportunity.

I guess they think the open hostility approach will work. Not even George Bush would condone this type of behavior and in fact he will be there. Kudos to president Bush he always showed true conservative compassion.

For the others who dont think like the President Bush who showed much grace toward minority groups shame on you. The perception like Maher said remains intact: "If you are a Republican you are not necessarily a racist but if you are a racist you are probably a Republican".

Another hilarious thread. Even if Republicans would have attended nobody would have appreciate it anyway, so I can't say I blame them. If they would have attended you would have come out with a thread that Republicans attended Selma Alabama just to falsely appease the black community. You're not fooling anybody. You're just as much a hypocrite and racist as anybody.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #24
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Please provide links proving ANY of that outrageous bullshit, gonad.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #25
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
The perception like Maher said remains intact: "If you are a Republican you are not necessarily a racist but if you are a racist you are probably a Republican".

How about this one, zanyzit:

"If you are a Muslim you are not necessarily a terrorist but if you are a terrorist you are probably a Muslim."

Do you agree? Is that an "intact" perception?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #26
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys.
Quote:
I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day.
Quote:
Well the philosophical teachings of the gospels are on my side. Congressional Republican leadership is clearly at odds with Christianity.

Actually zanyzit, if Jesus was on earth today he would scold you for your sinful and insufferably smug attitude of moral superiority. And he would praise the Republicans for voting more overwhelmingly than their Democratic counterparts to pass the 1965 Civil Rights Act. Just a few months after the march on Selma, they voted their consciences. Judging by the simple arithmetic of that vote, the GOP was morally superior to the Democrats on the issue. But it would be a sin for me to be smug and rub your nose in this irrefutable fact. So let's just say instead of lambasting the Republicans, you should be thanking them.

1964 Civil Rights Act

Senate vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82%–18%)

House vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80%–20%)

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #27
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
you are using sleight of hand to cover your boast

honesty is required in any valuable discussion

additionally you attribute to me failings, of which, you have no basis to judge
then all these discussions are meaningless
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #28
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
then all these discussions are meaningless

you may be onto something
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #29
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Actually zanyzit, if Jesus was on earth today he would scold you for your sinful and insufferably smug attitude of moral superiority. And he would praise the Republicans for voting more overwhelmingly than their Democratic counterparts to pass the 1965 Civil Rights Act. Just a few months after the march on Selma, they voted their consciences. Judging by the simple arithmetic of that vote, the GOP was morally superior to the Democrats on the issue. Instead of lambasting the Republicans, you should be thanking them.

1964 Civil Rights Act

Senate vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82%–18%)

House vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80%–20%)

We've had this discussion, you unemployable jizzmopper. This is today, 2015, not 1965. They didn't show. No Southern democrats voted for civil rights either. And?
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #30
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
you may be onto something
If you've seen monkeys flinging shit at themselves, you've seen these threads in action.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women