Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 269
George Spelvin 256
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70589
biomed161804
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453140
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48126
pyramider46370
bambino41006
CryptKicker37148
Mokoa36488
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
Tim Bucktwo
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

I started growing herbs a couple years ago. Grow enough to last thru winter.
Tim Bucktwo is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drummer View Post
Hey,

It sounds like you know what you're doing!

Yeah. The worst part is the pest thing: bugs, birds, four-legged vermin, etc. and disease.

I've learned throughout the years that various forms of pest control work for some people some of the time, but not all people all of the time. The insects and plant diseases are terrible. After all the hard work of nurturing, it could become quite discouraging.

When I was a kid, I grew pumpkins. I didn't do a thing to them -- just let 'em grow, and they turned out beautiful. Now for the past several years, every season the plants start out great then develop a type of fungus -- maybe powdery mildew, fasarium wilt, or some damned thing. The leaves first turn white then eventually brown and dry up. Som bitch!

I've tried every reactive measure I could think of. It must be a soil-borne thing.

Happy Gardening, RM.

Probably not a soil thing. The seeds have been altered so much over the years so the produce will be pretty, or a certain shape, etc that the natural robustness is often lost. I do not garden. I have roses. If I plant an antique rose it will be strong and black spot free. But the newer hybrids are always getting black spot and I cannot spray them enough with fungicide.

It looks like a certain lady is wanting to put in a garden in my backyard. Holy fucking Tebow ... the things I will do for some perfect taint.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
Frankie Fine
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97367
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern0065 View Post
I love to garden I just cant show anyone mine!!! LOL
I remember a few of my tomato plants didn't grow tomatoes one year..I didn't want to show anyone either.
Frankie Fine is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
Frankie Fine
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97367
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber View Post
I too started my first garden. Bought a house with an acre of property in the "boonies" of Westchester. Having the space, I have so far planted tomatoes, squash, eggplant, celery, herbs, flowers and few trees.

Any experienced gardners have any tips for keeping the deer away? I'm thinking chicken wire might do it.
I know that bunnies do not like the smell of marigolds..I used to plant them at the end of each row ..and never had a problem with any animal. I was on a country lot with tons of potential munchers.
Frankie Fine is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern0065
I love to garden I just cant show anyone mine!!! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
errrr you planting rope again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Fine View Post
I remember a few of my tomato plants didn't grow tomatoes one year..I didn't want to show anyone either.

shhhhhh he is growing rope for the Columbian Rope Factory in Auburn NY. shhhh don't tell Vern its closed, and why he has ta burn his crop every year.

"Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed"
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Tiger
title: for rent

Encounters: 3

I figured Vern was under drs. orders to grow plants for a healthy lifestyle. I think he uses his rope to mark the rows for planting (and it helps on home improvements when he's inbetween kidnappings).
Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Probably not a soil thing. The seeds have been altered so much over the years so the produce will be pretty, or a certain shape, etc that the natural robustness is often lost. I do not garden. I have roses. If I plant an antique rose it will be strong and black spot free. But the newer hybrids are always getting black spot and I cannot spray them enough with fungicide.

It looks like a certain lady is wanting to put in a garden in my backyard. Holy fucking Tebow ... the things I will do for some perfect taint.
Thanks, pyr. I never thought of over-genetically engineering the species. Damn Cornell University!

Years past, at the first sign of problems, I hit the pumpkin plants with fungicide. Last year, I sprayed them before any evidence, and I still got f*****!!!

In recent years, I've also noted a lack of bees for pollination. Obviously, very important to plants with male and female flowers.
The Drummer is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

may the Great Pumpkin forgive you drummer
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
Perfect Gentleman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Have had a vegie garden for years. One year I got the bright idea to cover ground in black plastic, the kind that lets water in but cuts way down on the weeds.
Found out that I created a mole habitat. Dark, damp, with plenty of vegie roots to munch on. You could actually see the plastic moving like some kind of miniature water park with waves.
Got rid of them by sticking the hose under plastic and drowning them. Could have used bat man OSD that year. Moles are just bats without wings aren't they?
Perfect Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber View Post
I too started my first garden. Bought a house with an acre of property in the "boonies" of Westchester. Having the space, I have so far planted tomatoes, squash, eggplant, celery, herbs, flowers and few trees.

Any experienced gardners have any tips for keeping the deer away? I'm thinking chicken wire might do it.
I’m sure they sell deer repellent, but there’s some home remedies too. Cayenne pepper, as mentioned. It could be made into a spray, also, by mixing with water. Marigolds, as mentioned.

I’ve heard of people hanging bars of soap. Must be a foreign, human smell they’re leery of. Human hair, spread around the perimeter of the garden. (Again, the human element. Just go to the barber shop. They'll give you all you want.)

Sometimes, just a regular human presence in the garden could be beneficial. (Being out there as much as you can.) Animals must sense and/or smell the human factor. Albeit, deer are pretty brazen these days!

Gross, but if you know of a rendering plant or slaughter house, dried blood spread around the area. They get nervous over the smell of death!

And the grossest of all: excrement of a carnivore. Again, they get uneasy when they sense a meat-eater is around. But, unless you know the Zoo Keeper; I doubt you wanna shit in a 5 gallon bucket!

I’ve heard of people playing talk radio in the garden, too, to keep all manner of vermin away.

But as I said before: Some things work for some people some of the time, but not all people all of the time. Plus, animals smarten up after a while. They’re not that stupid.

Like Lexxy said, the 12 gauge works the best. They ain’t gonna smarten up to that!!!

TD
Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #26
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bucktwo View Post
I started growing herbs a couple years ago. Grow enough to last thru winter.
Nice. There's nothing like fresh herbs. Basil, for instance.

Last year for the hell of it, I planted a mint plant. It doesn't die over Winter and there's a whole bunch of mint leaves on it already!

When I cook my pole beans, I let them cool and then add oil, vinegar, Italian seasonings, and chopped up mint leaves. It's pretty good.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
The Drummer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
may the Great Pumpkin forgive you drummer
The Great Pumpkin is unforgiving. He perpetually screws me every year!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drummer View Post
Gross, but if you know of a rendering plant or slaughter house, dried blood spread around the area. They get nervous over the smell of death!

And the grossest of all: excrement of a carnivore. Again, they get uneasy when they sense a meat-eater is around. But, unless you know the Zoo Keeper; I doubt you wanna shit in a 5 gallon bucket!
just piss around the garden every night. deer hate us, and pissing is easy. err unless ya did the wrong gal raw.

mmm PG had a mole problem, piss in there holes. or get whatever mint gum. break up and roll in small balls that can fit in there small mouths. They will eat it. then die from not being able to take a dump. errr I know heartless, but better than have skunks move in to eat the moles. (moles also eat lawn grubs)

If to late and you got skunks. as small as a have-a-heart trap you can get that a skunk can fit into. Bait with canned fish cat food. Small trap so they can not spray.(skunk can not spray if it can not get tail up) put trap in large pail full of water, and drown the fucker. bury body near anywhere you have a mole problem. (skunks eat grubs and moles and other things)

errrr if ya get the neighbors cat. set free(will kill moles and mice and even small rabbits). as long as the cat does not walk and sleep on your car or truck. If it does, drown the fucker and bury anywhere you have a mole problem.

If a dog or fox digs up the skunk and or cat that left the paw prints on your car. lie like hell. and put some grub killer on your lawn.

edit add:
rabbits, they die easy, .177 pellet rifle makes very little noise. leave where they die. so the fox or dog will not dig up the skunk and or the cat that sleep on your car leaving paw prints.

edit add II:
if you have a boat or other reason to have a potable holding tank. empty tank in the mole holes in the lawn. it will fill the hole and help for fast grass growth to hide the fact you have moles. errrrr only a dog will dig that up ahhhhhh I hope the dog was not your dog.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
Perfect Gentleman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

LMAO...OSD.. The SPCAs worst nightmare.
Perfect Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

but I set bats free, they eat bugs of all types.

errrr any one got a squirrel problem ??????

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women