Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48372
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #16
essence
Valued Poster

This one is interesting:

http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/in...ageid=pagename=

The summary?

Oil prices are set by global markets.

US has 2% (yes two percent) of the world's proven oil reserves.

What the US needs is a continual flow of the best engineers to maximise recovery by new technology. Safely.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You do know that Obama is NOT a petrochemical engineer and has no idea about much of anything.
Obama is a self-style "Constitutional Lawyer" who has Americans killed without due process.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Yes, I work in the oil business, it is hugely complex, I work in the upstream side, exploration and production, and everybody is dedicated to maximising production safely. The technology is awesome, and the people more so.
I work in the oil business on the IT side and you are correct, especially the "safely" part. At least in the States, safety is the number one priority and its not lip service.

Quote:
So when newt or anybody reduces it to 'drill, baby, drill', they are simply showing their ignorance.
No. Here in America we love slogans. "Increase capacity, baby, increase capacity" isn't catchy.

Quote:
Also, walk into any oil company office, and you will see all kinds of notices and posters about alternative energy, environmental issues, maximising recovery, and safety.
We've spent literally TENS of BILLIONS of dollars in alternative energy schemes. We've sold TENS of MILLIONS of dollars in alternative energy schemes. We've also had many of our top engineers working on these projects. Even the marketing people can't talk up the bennies of these alternative sources. Talk specifics with them and they begin to stutter.

Quote:
The oil industry takes these things seriously, so it is kind of funny when ignorant people outside of the oil industry reduce it to 'drill baby drill'.
Those people aren't ignorant. You just don't like them. Go talk to people in the E&P divisions about DBD and their eyes will light up.

Quote:
The team I am working with will, in their current project, will increase production by careful reservoir and drilling management many times over what 100's of the wells newt was standing behind will ever produce.
Horizontal drilling, CO2 injection, ...all different types of technologies will increase oil production but at some point you can't get blood out of a turnip. Also many wells are capped until they become economically viable to re-open.

Quote:
One of the big issues the oil and gas industry faces is how to attract the best of young engineers. The average age of petroleum engineers goes up by a year each year.
True...but the key phrase is "QUALIFIED" engineers. I also work with the HR dept too. We don't hire anyone who doesn't come from a top 10 engineering university (Lehigh, MIT, etc) without a 3.8 GPA. Most of them have higher than a 3.9 unless they are a woman then its 3.5. Almost every PE degree is AT LEAST a 5 year degree. God help you if you graduate during a oil price cycle downturn. If you have that kind of IQ and are going to spend that time/money in school, go to med school.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #19
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default but we can jump start green energy for years

the thing that gets me is for about the last 25 years or so, every time drilling somewhere is brought up, democrats say, well that wont help, it wont come on line for 5 years or more. I've lost count how many times that galling idiocy has been put out there for their news media to repeat.

lets see, the nascent "green" energy long-term "investment" waste is ok. we pay for that twice, 1. in its funding and associated waste and 2. in the higher energy prices obama is foisting on us so green energy has a chance to be viable

obama musing as he lays in bed at night (somewhat like the wacky statements liberals make in here):

"let's see, we need to redistribute wealth in this country, and im well on the way to doing that, and so why not in the world?" yes i could be forever lauded, i could go down as the first leader of the world. america needs to be brought down, so others, the indigent, the lesser, the put upon, the abused, the ones america has stolen from for centuries, yes a system to redistribute wealth world wide, i'll get chu on that in the morning"
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #20
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Oil prices are set by global markets.
Oil prices are dictated by a cartel.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the thing that gets me is for about the last 25 years or so, every time drilling somewhere is brought up, democrats say, well that wont help, it wont come on line for 5 years or more. I've lost count how many times that galling idiocy has been put out there for their news media to repeat.

lets see, the nascent "green" energy long-term "investment" waste is ok. we pay for that twice, 1. in its funding and associated waste and 2. in the higher energy prices obama is foisting on us so green energy has a chance to be viable

obama musing as he lays in bed at night (somewhat like the wacky statements liberals make in here):

"let's see, we need to redistribute wealth in this country, and im well on the way to doing that, and so why not in the world?" yes i could be forever lauded, i could go down as the first leader of the world. america needs to be brought down, so others, the indigent, the lesser, the put upon, the abused, the ones america has stolen from for centuries, yes a system to redistribute wealth world wide, i'll get chu on that in the morning"
What partisan crap! Get rid of the oil subsidies. Enforce clean air restrictions. Forbid corporate spending to lobby against clean air and bad science on deep water drilling. Then, after you've done that, tell me why U.S. oil demand is now lower even though prices at the well head were 30% higher during the the end of the Bush years.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
essence
Valued Poster

@gnadfly, yes I too am sceptical about many of the alternative energy concepts, oil companies push them to counteract the 'bad oil' press amongst the ignorant.

But I still can't see how my great grandchildren won't have a serious problem.

Emigrate to Norway? No thanks.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I'm not going to get involved in the political banter surrounding this issue but environmentally it is just a wee bit daft to be for such things. In the UK we are big proponents of off shore drilling. BP does loads of it off the Scottish shoreline north of Aberdeen.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
CJ7
Valued Poster

anyone who says drilling isnt the answer is correct
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default my candle keeps blowing out holding it up to your partisanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
What partisan crap! Get rid of the oil subsidies.

please name an oil subsidy
Old 03-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Here! Use the multiple choice method and pick as many as you want, deflector man.

Since you asked ME to name one, I'll go with the domestic production tax break and add the alternative energy research funding that oil companies receive but actually have a VESTED interest in sabotaging.

http://www.wfpl.org/2011/05/05/yarmu...oil-subsidies/

Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Willing to expand your thinking to those "subsidies" that protect oil companies and their ability to do business in the Middle East?

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sc...-end-them.html

When you're finished with that, we can go into those things that are harder to separate and look at according to their own pluses and minuses.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Here! Use the multiple choice method and pick as many as you want, deflector man.

Since you asked ME to name one, I'll go with the domestic production tax break and add the alternative energy research funding that oil companies receive but actually have a VESTED interest in sabotaging.

http://www.wfpl.org/2011/05/05/yarmu...oil-subsidies/

every company that produces something domestically...read domestically, and pays payroll, has wages, gets the domestic production deduction. oil is no different, but they dont get it for producing overseas. Big Hollywood gets that for movies. construction companies get it, manufacturing, you name it, get that. they also get the research credit, those are not subsidies specific to oil companies. what a farcial fraud to call those things oil subsidies.

if congress wishes to remove them thats fine with me but they arent oil company subsidies, they are deductions and credits all companies can get should they qualify as producing something or engaging in research.

what is an oil industry specific subsidy?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

More deflection. Now you're saying offshore wages on oil production are taxed while domestic wages are not?

Stop digging when the hole is getting deeper.

"Competing in a global economy" is simply corporate speak for telling Americans they need to work for third world wages or watch their jobs go overseas.

LMAO!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Someone please explain to me, since I plainly dont understand, how more domestic oil production would not reduce the price of petrol here in the United States.
Grifter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women