Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70555
biomed161635
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48070
pyramider46370
bambino40830
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

see assup, you are not the only one that was discriminanted like us "Okies"
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Fascinating how certain myopic individuals always want to see the government only as the beneficent savior in times such as the “Dirty Thirties” while ignoring how the government was complicit in promoting with land settlement programs the intensive, poor agricultural methods it latter claimed to eschew, e.g.:

The Homestead Act of 1862
The Pacific Railway Act of 1862
The Dawes Severalty Act of 1887
The Indian Appropriations Bill of 1889

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Randy, you're going to the back row where I can keep an eye on you and you won't disturb the class. You can come back to the front when you grow up some.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #19
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

JDB, quit sampling your handle's namesake. You have to be an adult in order to play the "adult card." Besides, I haven't taken a class in "Problems in Sanitary Engineering at Kommunity Kolleges" in several years.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #20
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
JDB, quit sampling your handle's namesake. You have to be an adult in order to play the "adult card." Besides, I haven't taken a class in "Problems in Sanitary Engineering at Kommunity Kolleges" in several years.
that is where you work? with a degree from zerou
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #21
steamyromance
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

Global warming caused the dust bowl, the worst weather related catastrophic event the World has ever known ( lives affected, economic hardship ) i say it had to be from all those cars and coal plants !
steamyromance is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #22
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

When I went through High School back in the 60's, we were taught that The Dust Bowl was created by a combination of poor farming methods and a untimely drought.

I have not seen the Ken Burns Documentary as of yet, (I am a big fan of his), but did he present anything that contradicts the two reasons I mentioned?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
steamyromance
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
When I went through High School back in the 60's, we were taught that The Dust Bowl was created by a combination of poor farming methods and a untimely drought.

I have not seen the Ken Burns Documentary as of yet, (I am a big fan of his), but did he present anything that contradicts the two reasons I mentioned?
Jackie, the dust bowl was caused by global warming, just like all the other weather related events ... This is caused from carbon emissions eating up the ozone layers,its all man made, cars that use gas, coal plants, etc. I dont know what they were teaching in the 60s but it musta been wrong.. If you would buy a Chevy Volt it would help alot.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

no, you went to a good high school, they get into the poor farming methods big time
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamyromance View Post
Jackie, the dust bowl was caused by global warming, just like all the other weather related events ... This is caused from carbon emissions eating up the ozone layers,its all man made, cars that use gas, coal plants, etc. I dont know what they were teaching in the 60s but it musta been wrong.. If you would buy a Chevy Volt it would help alot.
we are forgetting the cow farts but I do not know when the feedlots really got started, guess google would help answer this, I was right

from Wiki history

The beef industry today is highly dependent upon technology, but this has not always been true. In the early 20th century, feeder operations were separate from all other related operations and feedlots were non-existent.[7] They appeared in the 1950s and 1960s as a result of hybrid grains and irrigation techniques; the ensuing larger grain crops led to abundant grain harvests. However, the first known feedlot was designed and built by Gustavus Swift in 1876 on the south side of Chicago. [8] It was suddenly possible to feed large amounts of heads of cattle in one location and so, to cut transportation costs, grain farm and feedlot locations merged. Cattle were no longer sent from all across the southern states to places like California, where large slaughter houses were located. In the 1980s, meat packers followed the path of feedlots and are now located close by them as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #26
steamyromance
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
we are forgetting the cow farts but I do not know when the feedlots really got started, guess google would help answer this, I was right

from Wiki history

The beef industry today is highly dependent upon technology, but this has not always been true. In the early 20th century, feeder operations were separate from all other related operations and feedlots were non-existent.[7] They appeared in the 1950s and 1960s as a result of hybrid grains and irrigation techniques; the ensuing larger grain crops led to abundant grain harvests. However, the first known feedlot was designed and built by Gustavus Swift in 1876 on the south side of Chicago. [8] It was suddenly possible to feed large amounts of heads of cattle in one location and so, to cut transportation costs, grain farm and feedlot locations merged. Cattle were no longer sent from all across the southern states to places like California, where large slaughter houses were located. In the 1980s, meat packers followed the path of feedlots and are now located close by them as well.
Im pissed, the nut jobs that think every weather event in the last 100 years is caused by the ozone layer havnt jumped on here to cuss me !
I guess its human nature to make a crisis outa everything, then you have an excuse to be proactive. The planet savers only want to punish the USA, the rest of the World seems off the hook. Maybe they dont have as many cattle?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women