Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48372
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

What about TTH? He loves Obama, and will vote for him, even though it may mean higher taxes. I mean, he's as dumb as a box of rocks, but at least he has the integrity to vote his conscience, even if he's wrong.

Actually , another take would be that TTH knows that a stronger, better educated middle class is good for him in the long run. You think he wants to retire in France because they are a bunch of dumbasses? You think he would even entertain the idea if our own country was not being over run by your kind?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Why would you want to take away the free speech rights of a former Navy Seal? Isn't that what he was fighting for? I think he's earned his right to say pretty much what he wants.
Nobody said anything about taking away his right to frree speech.

You missed the point.

Her point was that their Honor Code is not to go around thumping their chest like, "Hey, I'm a Navy Seal, vote for Mitt."

It cheapens the Seals brand to enter politics in that way. IMHO

When they enter the political arena, they are just like any other citizrn. No more , no less.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

So don't think everyone is like you. We're not. And I would think most military families would vote in favor of whoever they thought would keep the peace, not start stupid wars.
That is why Mitt is agreeing with the President in the last debate. He would erode his built in military vote if he continued that hawkish BS he did in the primary.

Fuck, he just should of let Obama speak the whole time and at the end said, "I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message!"

See Mitt was debating in his best interest and voters vote in their best interest.

You ever heard of the invisible hand you stupid SOB? Atgue with the author of that theory and not me you phony patriot.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The "invisible hand" is an economic theory, not political, and it works best in a free society. You are a moron, WDF. If you were as smart as you think you are, Stephen Hawking would be reading your books. He's not. And nobody else buys your bullshit, either.

What about the people voting for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson? Neither of them are promising anything to anybody, except freedom? No giveaways, you work for what you earn and get to keep it. Simple.

But you don't understand half of your posts. You read some big words in books you can't comprehend, and then try to use them, and fuck it all up.

We're not all like you. Thanks be to God, we're not all like you.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Nobody said anything about taking away his right to frree speech.

You missed the point.

Her point was that their Honor Code is not to go around thumping their chest like, "Hey, I'm a Navy Seal, vote for Mitt."

It cheapens the Seals brand to enter politics in that way. IMHO

When they enter the political arena, they are just like any other citizrn. No more , no less.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I've heard the rants of other military and retired military say pretty much the same thing.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

They're free to rant, he's free to speak. Ain't it wonderful? At least for a little longer, anyway.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
Institutional waste dumbass.
Institutions dont vote.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #23
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
They're free to rant, he's free to speak. Ain't it wonderful? At least for a little longer, anyway.
Yep, free speech is a wonderful thing. No argument there. The thing is I wasn't challenging free speech. I was simply saying that I think if you are in special operations it's best to keep your mouth shut about what you do or did.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't recall him mentioning anything he did. He simply has an opinion, and the right to speak that opinion. What you think might be better is also an opinion. You got to share yours, he got to share his. I'd suggest WDF tell him his opinion in person. I'd like to see that.

Everything is beautiful!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Perhaps if certain politicians didn't aggrandize themselves at other's expense.

“‘I can see him [Odumbo] now talking about how he [Odumbo] killed bin Laden.’

We had seen it before when he [Odumbo] took credit for the Captain Phillips rescue. Although we applauded the decision making in this case, there was no doubt in anybody’s mind that he [Odumbo] would take all the political credit for this too” (193, Owens).

“Of course, the raid is now being used in a political wrestling match for the White House. The mission was never about that for the twenty-four men who climbed on board the helicopters that night. Politics are for the Washington, D.C., policy makers who safely watched the action on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” (298, Owens).

Owen, Mark. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden : The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL. Dutton: New York, 2012. Pp. xvi, 316.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The "invisible hand" is an economic theory, not political, and it works best in a free society. .
You forget The Theory of Moral Sentiments, where Smith first introduced the invisible hand.

However, Smith rejected the idea that Man was capable of forming moral judgements beyond a limited sphere of activity, again centered around his own self-interest:
The administration of the great system of the universe ... the care of the universal happiness of all rational and sensible beings, is the business of God and not of man. To man is allotted a much humbler department, but one much more suitable to the weakness of his powers, and to the narrowness of his comprehension: the care of his own happiness, of that of his family, his friends, his country.... But though we are ... endowed with a very strong desire of those ends, it has been entrusted to the slow and uncertain determinations of our reason to find out the proper means of bringing them about. Nature has directed us to the greater part of these by original and immediate instincts. Hunger, thirst, the passion which unites the two sexes, and the dread of pain, prompt us to apply those means for their own sakes, and without any consideration of their tendency to those beneficent ends which the great Director of nature intended to produce by them.
It was in the TMS that Smith first referred to the "invisible hand" to describe the apparent benefits to society of people behaving in their own interests. Smith writes (6th ed. p. 350

Quote:

We're not all like you. Thanks be to God, we're not all like you.
Yes thank God we are not all alike but we are not all that different either. Only idiots think they are some special human, immune to human nature.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #27
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I'd suggest WDF tell him his opinion in person. I'd like to see that.

Everything is beautiful!
Like a Seal is going to kick WTF's butt? I doubt they are that hot headed and would do something that stupid. After all WTF would only be exercising his right to free speech.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I'd suggest WDF tell him his opinion in person. I'd like to see that.

Everything is beautiful!
I'd do it in a heart beat. Unlike you, I'm not scared to speak my mind. What do you think he would do? Shoot me? I get along with a wide variety of folks that I do not always agree with but biting my tongue has never been one of my strong suits.

Quote:
I don't recall him mentioning anything he did. He simply has an opinion, and the right to speak that opinion. !
He used military imagery as his backdrop. That seems deceptive. He is a former Seal. What is he doing now? Use that as his backdrop. He is being used as a stool IMHO. We keep our military and Civilian lives separate in this country for a reason. I should not have to explain to you why.

You seem like the millions who give to much deference to the military from some deep feeling of guilt for not having served. I have nothing but respect for the military but I do not put it on a pedestal. They do some BS crap, like this ad, I speak my piece and let the chips fall where they may.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Whatca you talking bout Willis? Everybody agree's with my politics of Peace and Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Like a Seal is going to kick WTF's butt? I doubt they are that hot headed and would do something that stupid. After all WTF would only be exercising his right to free speech.
Well he could kick my ass but who wants to go to jail for kicking my ass?

COG likes to scream about freedom but then wants military people to intimidate American citizens into shutting up when they do not agree with COG worldview.

Old man is more confused than a bastard child on Papi day
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You forget The Theory of Moral Sentiments, where Smith first introduced the invisible hand.

However, Smith rejected the idea that Man was capable of forming moral judgements beyond a limited sphere of activity, again centered around his own self-interest:
The administration of the great system of the universe ... the care of the universal happiness of all rational and sensible beings, is the business of God and not of man. To man is allotted a much humbler department, but one much more suitable to the weakness of his powers, and to the narrowness of his comprehension: the care of his own happiness, of that of his family, his friends, his country.... But though we are ... endowed with a very strong desire of those ends, it has been entrusted to the slow and uncertain determinations of our reason to find out the proper means of bringing them about. Nature has directed us to the greater part of these by original and immediate instincts. Hunger, thirst, the passion which unites the two sexes, and the dread of pain, prompt us to apply those means for their own sakes, and without any consideration of their tendency to those beneficent ends which the great Director of nature intended to produce by them.
It was in the TMS that Smith first referred to the "invisible hand" to describe the apparent benefits to society of people behaving in their own interests. Smith writes (6th ed. p. 350
You just proved my point, again, WDF. Don't read Adam Smith until you have a basic understanding of what he is about. He's way over your head. And don't think you fooled me by cutting and pasting from Wikipedia. I know how you work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Th...ral_Sentiments

You copied that verbatim from Wiki, LOL! And claimed it for your own! You are an idiot! Trying to sound like you knew what you were talking about by cutting and pasting from Wikipedia!

You've never read the book! You "googled" "invisible hand" and found this!

Next time, don't cut and paste without including the section the last sentence of your cut referred to. When you posted "Smith writes (6th ed. p. 350" while leaving out the last parenthesis, I knew it was a cut and paste job.

You've been exposed, buffoon!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women