Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Maybe, maybe not....It wouldn't surprise me....

No matter the reasons why (tv ratings, stupidity, race, otherwise); the 2-stroke penalty was the wrong decision.

Tiger signed a wrong scorecard and should have been DQ'd - either by the rules committee, or by his withdrawal.

Ignorance of the Rules of Golf, or brain-freeze while playing isn't an "escape jail time" card.

By his own admission, Tiger tried to gain an advantage by breaking the drop rule.

By remaining in the tournament, Tiger (as well as the rules committee) demeaned the game.

If a black man does something in the forest when Whirlaway is not around is he still wrong?

Tiger is still in the tournament because the golf association has a rule that address this very topic. The rule says that if the official on the course makes a ruling and the player signs his card as a result of the ruling and later tournament officials using means not available to the player and the official at that time it is determined that the ruling should be changed or modified then the player shall NOT be disqualified for signing an incorrect score card.

It is just like Whirlaway to post without any research to see if his claim is true or not. On just about every web page covering the tournament this ruling is spelled out along with examples and the situation years ago that created this rule.

Personally I do not agree with the PGA's policy of letting viewers call in with claims. No other sport allows this. Also the distance we are talking about here is actually very small. From photos it appears the ball was about a foot back of where he originally played the ball. One foot back? really? I would think you could have it in back just not closer to the hole makes sense but the PGA quibbles over microscopic measurements so nothing surprises me about them or Whirlaway for that matter.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

you are not a golf enthusiast are you BL?

Research ?

Your funny.

And your own "research" is wrong (by about 500%); Tiger's drop was more like 5-feet off the original point of play.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #18
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

After Django Unchained has been out for a while, do you think the tournament authorities want to piss off Tiger?

Old Dingus
Old Dingus is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The problem with the ruling decision is three-fold;

1. They never communicated to Tiger the determination;
2. Before making their final determination they should have called Tiger into the control room to review video and discuss what happened;
3. They got their initial interpretation wrong!

The rules committee should have never invoked the "flexibility" rule that was recently adopted. It was never intended for these types of clear rule violations.

Tiger should have withdrawn; but he isn't capable of keeping the integrity to the game.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I am the first to say that I am not a Tiger fan. If it was up to me Fred (Eat 'em up) Couples would win the Masters every year. With that said, I don't believe Ol' Trendy is bitching and moaning because of Tiger's race.

The obnoxious bastard is bitching and moaning 'cuz that's all he knows how to do!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Thanks BigTex - I think..........
Old 04-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
BigLouie
Valued Poster

This from USA Today

Fred Ridley, as well as fellow committee members Jim Reinhart, who is an Augusta National member and a former Rules of Golf and chairman of the USGA, and Mark Russell, who is a vice president of competitions for the PGA Tour, had determined earlier in the evening Woods had not taken an improper drop.

The committee had been alerted to a possible violation by a television viewer.

"Having determined that we did not feel there was a rules violation, we did not talk to Tiger, so he completed his round, signed his scorecard, and the first day was over," Ridley said Saturday in a press conference.

Not so fast. Ridley received a phone call from a CBS Sports official who made Ridley aware of the taped interview ESPN had with Woods, where he stated that wanted to drop 2 yards behind the original spot to improve his chances on his fifth shot. Woods' words prompted another review of the tape.

"It had created some further doubt, at least in some people's minds, as to whether or not Tiger had, in fact, violated a rule," Ridley said.

Masters officials contacted Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, who contacted Woods early Saturday morning. Woods quickly went to Augusta National for what turned out to be a 20-minute meeting.

"I told Tiger that in light of that information that we felt that he had, in fact, violated Rule 26 under the Rules of Golf and that he was going to have to be penalized," Ridley said. "I also told him because we had initially made the determination that he had not violated the rule … that under Rule 33-7 that there was ample reason not to impose the penalty of disqualification but to waive that penalty and impose a two-shot penalty.

" … We had made a decision before he finished his round, before he finished his scorecard, and I think he's entitled to be protected by 33-7, and that's our decision, and others agree with us.

" … Disqualification this morning was not even on the table."

Ridley further explained Woods was docked two strokes under Rule 20-7 for playing his shot from the wrong place.

Ridley said the Masters informed the R&A, USGA, PGA Tour and other professional tours about their decision to utilize 33-7 and not disqualify Woods. Ridley said the organizations were behind the Masters 100%.

Whirlaway headed this thread with the statement about Tiger getting special treatment because he was black which is clearly not the case. Only Whirlaway would make this totally false claim. Oh and situations such as this happen all the time and the same rule is applied a lot of times.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

BL; the story has moved beyond yesterday's pronouncements of the rules committee; the rules committee fucked up.

The invocation of rule 33-7 was wrong; it was never intended to be used for these types of clear cut violations....they used the flexibility of 33-7 to keep Tiger in the tournament...for whatever reasons..............
Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #24
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
BL; the story has moved beyond yesterday's pronouncements of the rules committee; the rules committee fucked up.

The invocation of rule 33-7 was wrong; it was never intended to be used for these types of clear cut violations....they used the flexibility of 33-7 to keep Tiger in the tournament...for whatever reasons..............
Trendy, just go ahead and admit your friggin' mistake. Why don't you just chalk it up into the same category as Wisconsin and America are "Trending" Romney?

I promise to not think any less of you than I already do!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

..."for whatever reasons..."
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Exactly.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
..."for whatever reasons..."
Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Always nice to show your true bigot card (not that any of us really believed otherwise). But it's Augusta, so I guess it's completely appropriate.

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not....It wouldn't surprise me....

No matter the reasons why (tv ratings, stupidity, race, otherwise); the 2-stroke penalty was the wrong decision.

Tiger signed a wrong scorecard and should have been DQ'd - either by the rules committee, or by his withdrawal.

Ignorance of the Rules of Golf, or brain-freeze while playing isn't an "escape jail time" card.

By his own admission, Tiger tried to gain an advantage by breaking the drop rule.

By remaining in the tournament, Tiger (as well as the rules committee) demeaned the game.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #28
bojulay
Valued Poster

I though this was a thread about a tiger that escaped from the zoo
and wouldn't go near a dairy queen because of the white trash patrons.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Only a true bigot would find my OP to be bigotry...........and your own observation about Augusta confirms that race could have played a factor.....

So to summarize, I point out that race could have been a factor, you concur, AND I am the bigot?

Your a stupid old thing Old T !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Always nice to show your true bigot card (not that any of us really believed otherwise). But it's Augusta, so I guess it's completely appropriate.

So Stupid Old T agrees that race may have been a consideration; so that warrants calling me the bigot for poining out what Stupid Old T agrees with. Go Figure, stupid is as stupid does.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
I though this was a thread about a tiger that escaped from the zoo
and wouldn't go near a dairy queen because of the white trash patrons.
Wrong! It's all about Trendaway and his distorted view of all things great and small!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women