Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old Today, 06:15 AM   #16
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

US Fed down to approx 4 & 7/8
Bank of England is holding at 5% (they dropped 8/1/24 to 5)

The big boys have clearly decided there's a world wide economic thing, not just specific countries.
My client's have all had a bit of belt tightening and minor staff reductions last several months, but, production orders are recently up for all of my folks.
I watch the PPI indexes which are usually a few months ahead of CPI.
And the stock market launched an hour ago. IMO because the Fed went a smidge below 5%, a smidge below what folks (pro economists not the newsies) had expected.
This stuff is real world, not a Monopoly game, that some of you present.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old Today, 08:32 AM   #17
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
US Fed down to approx 4 & 7/8
Bank of England is holding at 5% (they dropped 8/1/24 to 5)

The big boys have clearly decided there's a world wide economic thing, not just specific countries.
My client's have all had a bit of belt tightening and minor staff reductions last several months, but, production orders are recently up for all of my folks.
I watch the PPI indexes which are usually a few months ahead of CPI.
And the stock market launched an hour ago. IMO because the Fed went a smidge below 5%, a smidge below what folks (pro economists not the newsies) had expected.
This stuff is real world, not a Monopoly game, that some of you present.

Ag sector is probably in a recession, with all farm equipment manufactures laying off workers.

Dollar General and some other retail stores that cater to lower income to middle class customers are also struggling.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #18
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
You clearly don’t understand the primary purpose of the feds interest rate.

Raising the rates increases borrowing costs for banks and consequently for businesses and consumers. This is intended to inhibit the growth of the economy and incentivize people to save money. It has the side effect of inhibiting employment as well. Keep it too high for too long and you risk a recession.

Lowering the rates is intended to have the opposite effect. To increase borrowing, growth, and employment. It inhibits savings in favor of investment.

Why would lowering rates indicate that the economy is “tanking “?

You don't understand anything about monetary policy.

The Feds goal is to try and keep inflation in check at 2%, it also has a goal of keeping unemployment and normal transitory levels of roughly 4%.

If they see signs of unemployment increasing the may increase interest rates. Normally they only change them a .25% at a time, by changing it by .5% signals they think they are starting to loose control and try to juice the economy, signalling the economic forecasts are too rosy as being reported by the Mainstream media
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #19
Capital
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
I went shopping at HEB tonight, which tells me everything I need to know about a horrible economy.

Only a big time democrat living in some sort of alternate universe can deny the economy tanking.

Tanking? You are delusional, my Friend.

We are in a GOLDILOCKS Economy. Dow and Nasdaq up over 500 points today, S&P 500 more than 100, and at an all-time high.

Employment still strong, wages good, inflation barely above Fed target for months now. Earnings growth for Companies expected to be 14% in 2025.

Asset values, your 401k, your home value, at all time highs.

You hate admitting it, I know, because it means your candidate will lose once again.

There's a term that fits the hard right on this Forum. Pale, Male, and Stale.
Capital is online now   Quote
Old Today, 11:38 AM   #20
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post

We are in a GOLDILOCKS Economy. Dow and Nasdaq up over 500 points today, S&P 500 more than 100, and at an all-time high.

Employment still strong, wages good, inflation barely above Fed target for months now. Earnings growth for Companies expected to be 14% in 2025.

You hate admitting it, I know, because it means your candidate will lose once again.

But that is only the economy of the well to do that don't borrow money. It is built on a house of cards.
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #21
Capital
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
by changing it by .5% signals they think they are starting to loose control and try to juice the economy, signalling the economic forecasts are too rosy as being reported by the Mainstream media
Nice try, but no.

Real interest rates were at extraordinarily high levels, they had not cut in 4 years. That's why they went 50. Even this morning the unemployment claims showed a sharp decrease. The FED does not need to juice the economy, nor was that a part of the rate decision. Try harder, you know the economy is very good.
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #22
Capital
Valued Poster

Quote:
But that is only the economy of the well to do that don't borrow money. It is built on a house of cards.
No it isn't. Of course the well to do benefits more, they always do when an economy recovers, and is strong. Borrowing costs will be falling fast, and Harris will start taxing the wealthy properly. The low and middle class is still reaping benefits today.

What is "house of cards"? That is innuendo.
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #23
Capital
Valued Poster

Quote:

Dollar General and some other retail stores that cater to lower income to middle class customers are also struggling.
Outliers. There are more stocks above their 100 day moving average today, than at any time ever.

Walmart is taking a lot of Dollar General traffic. It's not about a certain consumer segment collapsing.

Sometimes a company just fails to execute, and it has nothing to do with the economy. Like Starbucks
Old Today, 12:04 PM   #24
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I wonder why the right is so anxious for the economy to tank.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #25
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Thank you YR.

But note, isn't the real issue getting the newsies to state the eco is floundering.

Just look at some if the above comments where folks here are debating news stories.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old Today, 12:47 PM   #26
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

+1

@Capital, excellent post. You're correct, the Nasdaq and S&P500 indexes have gone thru the roof under Biden/Harris!
adav8s28 is online now   Quote
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #27
Capital
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I wonder why the right is so anxious for the economy to tank.

The economic conditions are the worst thing that could happen to the right. Their Commentators on Fox are saying Trump needs to get more focus, talk about the economy and the Border. But illegal crossings have plummeted since June, and the economy is humming.

Unless the right can sell us on Haitian quirky dining hoaxes, Trump is finished.
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #28
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:

DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #29
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
But illegal crossings have plummeted since June, and the economy is humming.

Since June, just enough time to attempt to save her ugly ass. Illegal crossings should've stopped 3 2/3 years ago when the old man and the border czar had the power.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old Today, 01:35 PM   #30
Capital
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Since June, just enough time to attempt to save her ugly ass. Illegal crossings should've stopped 3 2/3 years ago when the old man and the border czar had the power.
No argument here, but it did get done. And Harris never was Border Czar, she was tasked to study the reasons why people clamored to leave their own Countries, to make a difficult trek to get here. That's it. Sorry you can't pin the blame, the Donkey to blame leaves on January 20, at Noon sharp.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women