Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60319
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41462
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default So lighten up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
if that's all you have you have no clue what "independently wealthy" means

you might actually impress me if you had another zero in that number. i'm betting you don't without Photoshop.
This from the poster who posted/bragged about his 28k investment in some I forgot the name of energy stock!

You didn't hear me making fun of that shickenshit amount.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
I honestly do hope your investments turn out well. Everyone hates losing money.

I have thrown my hat in the ring with NIO for a 5 year investment. If that works out I will buy a bigger boat.

I'm done.
Pay no attention to Wacko...he was bragging about his 28k dollar portfolio a few weeks back!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:17 PM   #18
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
It's a hard way to make money, unless perhaps you're a gifted trader like Vitaman.

If a company is a fraud or wildly overvalued and other investors recognize that, the cost to borrow the shares may become exorbitant. You might have to pay borrow fees of up to several hundred percent per annum during part of the time you hold the position.

You may be forced to buy back the shares you sold short at an inopportune time. And the amount of margin required will increase if the price of the shares increase.

If you buy shares you're not going to lose over 100% of what you pay for them. If you sell short at, say, 100, and the price goes to 1000, then you've lost 9X what the position was originally worth, plus what you probably paid to borrow the stock.

Here's my cautionary tale. I was right but still lost my shirt.

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=156
Much safer to buy options than to short, especially if you can't bankroll the loss. At least you are only out the contract price with options. Can still lose your ass if you bet big though.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:16 PM   #19
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Pay no attention to Wacko...he was bragging about his 28k dollar portfolio a few weeks back!
about 32k this week.

still claiming you are up 30% overall in a bear market with the market down about 25%?

sure .. sure u are.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #20
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Always ways to make money. Straddle options one of them. Buy puts and calls on same stock, eat the contract premium and make money on any sizable upswing or downswing. Worst case is lose the premium if the stock doesn't move enough.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
about 32k this week.

still claiming you are up 30% overall in a bear market with the market down about 25%?

sure .. sure u are.
If you'd paid a lick of attention, you'd know I'm in the energy sector. Have been for a while and jumped in with both feet in December. My only regret is selling ExxonMobil. Had I known Trump's lil buddy Vaddy Pootin was gonna be such an ass....I'd sold my house and bought more stock....oh wait....I did do that.

And the only reason I'm talking chit is because of your past nonstop praise of Trump and his bubbling stock market!

What was that shit you always used to say?

And take note I did not make fun of your 32k bump this week.

Also I was talking about your bragging about how much you were invested in energy and you stated you had 28k of some oil company. I did not make fun of you.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:17 PM   #22
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

28.62%

And you need to sell that turd in your punchbowl, Netflix.

People are going back to work ond that there stimulus money has done run out.

But maybe like crackheads Netflix user are addicted. I thought I read where they were losing users or their users were losers, either way...unless they figure out a new way to generate cash besides growth, I don't see it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #23
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
If you'd paid a lick of attention, you'd know I'm in the energy sector. Have been for a while and jumped in with both feet in December. My only regret is selling ExxonMobil. Had I known Trump's lil buddy Vaddy Pootin was gonna be such an ass....I'd sold my house and bought more stock....oh wait....I did do that.

And the only reason I'm talking chit is because of your past nonstop praise of Trump and his bubbling stock market!

Also I was talking about your bragging about how much you were invested in energy and you stated you had 28k of some oil company. I did not make fun of you.

you said you had about 50% in energy in reply to tiny. no i'm not going to dig up the post that's what you said. so are you "all in" with nothing but energy holdings or not?

my bump is only about 4k because i'm putting money into it weekly to the tune of about $700 dollars. the balance was 28k when i posted that now it's 35k.

my 1 year return is -10.5%. year to date is an abysmal -19%.

Quote:
28.62%

And you need to sell that turd in your punchbowl, Netflix.

People are going back to work ond that there stimulus money has done run out.

But maybe like crackheads Netflix user are addicted. I thought I read where they were losing users or their users were losers, either way...unless they figure out a new way to generate cash besides growth, I don't see it.

no, wait till the overall market recovers then see. some of netflix's issues are self inflicted some are related to the market drop. netflix has suffered some big dips before. been awhile back (i didn't hold any netflix at that time) but some years ago they tried to change their subscription model and the backlash was similar to now.

they recovered from it because Reed Hastings didn't try to fight the backlash and went back to the old model.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:01 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
Much safer to buy options than to short, especially if you can't bankroll the loss. At least you are only out the contract price with options. Can still lose your ass if you bet big though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
Always ways to make money. Straddle options one of them. Buy puts and calls on same stock, eat the contract premium and make money on any sizable upswing or downswing. Worst case is lose the premium if the stock doesn't move enough.
Given my temperament you're probably right.

In heavily shorted stocks, at-the-money puts always cost a lot more than at-the-money calls. I suspect that's because market makers in options are arbitraging a profit from retail investors like you and me, and are taking into account the borrow fees when they sell short to hedge their options positions.

I've looked at all kinds of options strategies to substitute for a short sale, like writing a call and buying a put, but it always seems like you're getting screwed by the market makers. Furthermore, the options market makers and outfits like Renaissance Technologies are smarter than I am. I prefer to buy and sell from people who are stupider than me.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #25
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I see that the feeble minded did not understand what I wrote and the corrupt want to disparage what I wrote. Let me try to clarify for those that can "get it".

The short that I'm speaking of is with the full knowledge of a decline in stock value. Not a guess, not something based on market analysis but insider knowledge that the government will force or take some action that will hurt a stock value. In simpler terms (for the simple minded), unethical and possibly criminal action. The two examples that I laid out (JM Smuckers and Abbott) were both affected by the government oversight. A person in high office could borrow a great deal of stock on the margin meaning that they pay maybe 10% of the actual value of the actual stock for a short period of maybe 30 days. If the stock declines in value (as they know that it will) then they can return the stock and pocket the difference which as I wrote could be in the millions. No risk, all profit...if they are doing it illegally
Yep, those transactions could be tracked if someone was of a mind to do so but DC is definitely a swamp. If someone did try to track the money, there are many ways to disguise money or involvement. They put Martha Stewart in prison for insider trading based on an offhand comment to her lawyer during a golf outing. Should unconvicted felons like Nancy or Hillary escape the same fate?
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:08 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
I mentioned briefly about insider trading, the elites, and shorting a stock last week. How it was easier, less risky, with a bigger payoff than waiting for a stock to organically increase in value. Two big examples of where government caused a stock value to plummet promising two big pay days for those in the know.

Jif Peanut Butter a subsidiary of Smuckers was trading at $143 a share on May 17th. Then the FDA wanted a recall for salmonella (let me take some time for the low brow thinkers here, I'm not in favor of salmonella or bypassing safety if it is real. What I am saying that if someone knows what is coming 24 hours ahead of time they can make a killing.) The price plunged to $122.45 six days later. A 10 million dollar trade could have snagged a million and half dollar pay day in six days. Then the other shoe dropped and the stock lost some of it's regained value.
Abbott baby formula was selling at $141 a share on the 29th of December before the recall. After the recall, the stock price was $105 a share on May 11th. For a short sell, that could mean a couple of million off a ten million dollar investment. Plus, Abbott used the opportunity to buy back 5 billion of stock which put money in the pockets of investors and increased the stock price. Easy enough to do if you know a head of time. I wonder if Nancy or Hunter is involved.
Quote:
I see that the feeble minded did not understand what I wrote and the corrupt want to disparage what I wrote. Let me try to clarify for those that can "get it".

The short that I'm speaking of is with the full knowledge of a decline in stock value. Not a guess, not something based on market analysis but insider knowledge that the government will force or take some action that will hurt a stock value. In simpler terms (for the simple minded), unethical and possibly criminal action. The two examples that I laid out (JM Smuckers and Abbott) were both affected by the government oversight. A person in high office could borrow a great deal of stock on the margin meaning that they pay maybe 10% of the actual value of the actual stock for a short period of maybe 30 days. If the stock declines in value (as they know that it will) then they can return the stock and pocket the difference which as I wrote could be in the millions. No risk, all profit...if they are doing it illegally
Yep, those transactions could be tracked if someone was of a mind to do so but DC is definitely a swamp. If someone did try to track the money, there are many ways to disguise money or involvement. They put Martha Stewart in prison for insider trading based on an offhand comment to her lawyer during a golf outing. Should unconvicted felons like Nancy or Hillary escape the same fate?
That's just not right. I'm feeble minded and I understood what you wrote. And no one has disparaged what you wrote but I'm happy to oblige.

Where's the evidence that people in high office or government employees took advantage of this and sold short? You haven't presented any. If evidence arises the SEC will look into it. When there are indications of illegal insider trading, they do go back and track the transactions.

You are cherry picking with Abbott. You chose a day when Abbott was extremely close to its 52 week high ($141/share), 12/27/21, and then compare that to a 48 month low ($105), on 5/11/2022. So when did the recall begin? Mid February. Not close to either of the dates you're throwing out. And Abbott bought back its stock before it knew there was a problem with the formula. Big deal.

You seem to assume that if a product is recalled, politicians and government employees and "elites" will make money off it through illegal insider trading. I'm sure that has occurred and will occur, but it's not as common as you think.

Finally an ordinary Joe who's not a professional trader is not going to be able to put up just 10% margin on a short sale.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #27
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

The insider testified just after Christmas. How about that for timing and not cherry picking.
I never indicted anyone. I asked a question. Who does the SEC work for nowadays...Biden?
Plus, I never said an "ordinary Joe" was going to get that kind of a margin call. We're not talking about those Joes. We're talking about someone connected with millions of dollars to draw on.

Gamestops only happen once a great while and only if the big boys put their junk on the table with not protection. It cost them.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #28
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The insider testified just after Christmas. How about that for timing and not cherry picking.
I never indicted anyone. I asked a question. Who does the SEC work for nowadays...Biden?
Plus, I never said an "ordinary Joe" was going to get that kind of a margin call. We're not talking about those Joes. We're talking about someone connected with millions of dollars to draw on.

Gamestops only happen once a great while and only if the big boys put their junk on the table with not protection. It cost them.
Apparently there's been an issue since at least 2019,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-baby-formula/

The FDA received a whistleblower report back in October of 2021! And no recall until February 2022.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...rmula-00028569

Our tax dollars at work
Old 06-01-2022, 06:40 PM   #29
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
That's just not right. I'm feeble minded and I understood what you wrote. And no one has disparaged what you wrote but I'm happy to oblige.

Where's the evidence that people in high office or government employees took advantage of this and sold short? You haven't presented any. If evidence arises the SEC will look into it. When there are indications of illegal insider trading, they do go back and track the transactions.

You are cherry picking with Abbott. You chose a day when Abbott was extremely close to its 52 week high ($141/share), 12/27/21, and then compare that to a 48 month low ($105), on 5/11/2022. So when did the recall begin? Mid February. Not close to either of the dates you're throwing out. And Abbott bought back its stock before it knew there was a problem with the formula. Big deal.

You seem to assume that if a product is recalled, politicians and government employees and "elites" will make money off it through illegal insider trading. I'm sure that has occurred and will occur, but it's not as common as you think.

Finally an ordinary Joe who's not a professional trader is not going to be able to put up just 10% margin on a short sale.
I love that he over reaches. Keep punching above your weight, sailor!

Fuckin' Tiny.

My brutha!
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:41 AM   #30
Stockinglover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:

I got stopped out on XOM last year. Then the beginning of this year my portfolio took a massive shit. I’m gaining it back little by little
Stockinglover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women