Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60538
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42040
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #16
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I think most people would say Iam more a Libertarian than a Democrat or Republican. I don't think Libertarians are really isolationist. I would say Libertarians know who to help and what type of help would benefit the recipient as well as everyone else. For instance you see a guy in a ditch, lets say he is known to drive like a maniac and is often times under the influence. A Libertarian might be inclined to resist helping him cause it might be best to keep a dangerous driver off the road. It's not that a Libertarian doesn't care, it might be they care in a more practical sense.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #17
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
I think most people would say Iam more a Libertarian than a Democrat or Republican. I don't think Libertarians are really isolationist. I would say Libertarians know who to help and what type of help would benefit the recipient as well as everyone else. For instance you see a guy in a ditch, lets say he is known to drive like a maniac and is often times under the influence. A Libertarian might be inclined to resist helping him cause it might be best to keep a dangerous driver off the road. It's not that a Libertarian doesn't care, it might be they care in a more practical sense.
Except usually, it's not that the guy you see is in a ditch, but he's swerving drunkenly in the road waving a loaded gun around.

You can do nothing and let him very likely injure other people or you can do something about it.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't know of a single Libertarian who is opposed to laws against driving drunk and waving a gun around. You are confusing Libertarians with anarchists. They are not the same.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
jbravo_123
Verified Member

I think you're missing the metaphor...
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

You need to lose the label, COG . . .you don't qualify as a Libertarian.
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Except usually, it's not that the guy you see is in a ditch, but he's swerving drunkenly in the road waving a loaded gun around.

You can do nothing and let him very likely injure other people or you can do something about it.
Well you can do a couple of things. Get behind him and Pit his vehicle into a ditch which could kill'em, or keep a safe distance and tail him and call the police giving them the necessary information. Or you could do what the average Liberal would do, pull up beside him and try to intice him to pull over by waving a Hundred Dollar Bill at him.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer View Post
You need to lose the label, COG . . .you don't qualify as a Libertarian.
And why is that?

Actually, I try to eschew all labels, but this one is convenient. I believe in Liberty and personal responsibility. I suppose I would most qualify for the label of classical liberal, but that would get confusing around here. Hell, Libertarian confuses enough of these people.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #23
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

If we limited the government to about a 1/3 of what they get now we wouldn't have to worry about overreach. They wouldn't have the money.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #24
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Well you can do a couple of things. Get behind him and Pit his vehicle into a ditch which could kill'em, or keep a safe distance and tail him and call the police giving them the necessary information. Or you could do what the average Liberal would do, pull up beside him and try to intice him to pull over by waving a Hundred Dollar Bill at him.
And the Libertarian isolationist solution would be to sit back and let him shoot someone / cause an accident when you have the ability to help. Why should I waste my own personal cell phone minutes calling the police!?!?

Isolationism is a policy that simply doesn't work.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #25
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
And the Libertarian isolationist solution would be to sit back and let him shoot someone / cause an accident when you have the ability to help. Why should I waste my own personal cell phone minutes calling the police!?!?

Isolationism is a policy that simply doesn't work.
How about you give the ultimate solution of your original post.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
And why is that?

Actually, I try to eschew all labels, but this one is convenient. I believe in Liberty and personal responsibility. I suppose I would most qualify for the label of classical liberal, but that would get confusing around here. Hell, Libertarian confuses enough of these people.
Well eschew this!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
How about you give the ultimate solution of your original post.
Intervention may not be the ultimate solution, but it's a heck of a lot better than sitting around with your thumb up your ass (unless you're into that kind of thing).
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #28
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Intervention may not be the ultimate solution, but it's a heck of a lot better than sitting around with your thumb up your ass (unless you're into that kind of thing).
I never incinuated sitting back. I am all about intervention when it's warranted. You by your own admition wouldn't waste your precious cell phone minutes to call the police. So how would you intervene in a situation to prevent or minimize something that obviously would have bad consequences?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
I never incinuated sitting back. I am all about intervention when it's warranted. You by your own admition wouldn't waste your precious cell phone minutes to call the police. So how would you intervene in a situation to prevent or minimize something that obviously would have bad consequences?
In your drunken driver example you advocated that Libertarians should do nothing and allow him to drive into a ditch and that would be a practical thing to do.

I'll also have to start putting /sarcasm tags because apparently it's too difficult for some readers to tell when I'm being sarcastic.

So what yu're saying is that like many others in this thread, you believe that an isolationist policy is untenable then?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
In your drunken driver example you advocated that Libertarians should do nothing and allow him to drive into a ditch and that would be a practical thing to do.

I'll also have to start putting /sarcasm tags because apparently it's too difficult for some readers to tell when I'm being sarcastic.

So what yu're saying is that like many others in this thread, you believe that an isolationist policy is untenable then?
I never gave a drunken driver example, that was you. I gave the example of a guy who was already in a ditch out of traffic, who had a reputation of being a bad driver who would possibly be under the influence. My main jist was since he was out of traffic and not a danger to anyone or himself don't help him so he won't be a hazard. Oh and by the way you're sarcasm is not really obvious. Actually I think you use sarcasm as an excuse for your inability to properly comprehend.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women