Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70688
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60228
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 11-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #16
texassapper
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
So you agree that people in this country are currently "disarmed" to some extent?
The 2nd amendment prevents the government from dis-arming me. The question is what constitutes an "arm". At the time of it's writing, the framers meant the small arms that were required of every person to be proficient in to serve in the "militia". That means shoulder fired muskets/rifles and hand guns. I don't see why that needs to change. I don't need artillery... yet. While there are restrictions against automatic weapons, well aimed single round rifle fire is far more effective against other riflemen.

Automatic weapons are covering weapons or to provide defensive final line fire. They stop massed assaults. If I need them, I have more problems than libtards trying to end the 2nd ammendment.

Quote:
The point being that there are laws and restrictions currently in effect in this country that limit what weapons an individual many own.
It prevents me from owning crew served weapons, explosives, indirect fire weapons, tanks, F-15s, and nuclear weapons... I can still carry the functional equivalent of a riflemans basic weapons. If the US army ever converts over to 16mm plasma rifles, I expect to be able to own the equivalent.

Quote:
And you are happy with the status quo.
I'd prefer fewer restrictions, but owing to the "diversity is our strength" advocates, I will accept the current paradigm.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:53 AM   #17
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
The 2nd amendment prevents the government from dis-arming me. The question is what constitutes an "arm". At the time of it's writing, the framers meant the small arms that were required of every person to be proficient in to serve in the "militia". That means shoulder fired muskets/rifles and hand guns. I don't see why that needs to change. I don't need artillery... yet. While there are restrictions against automatic weapons, well aimed single round rifle fire is far more effective against other riflemen.

Automatic weapons are covering weapons or to provide defensive final line fire. They stop massed assaults. If I need them, I have more problems than libtards trying to end the 2nd ammendment.

It prevents me from owning crew served weapons, explosives, indirect fire weapons, tanks, F-15s, and nuclear weapons... I can still carry the functional equivalent of a riflemans basic weapons. If the US army ever converts over to 16mm plasma rifles, I expect to be able to own the equivalent.

I'd prefer fewer restrictions, but owing to the "diversity is our strength" advocates, I will accept the current paradigm.
Remember, the 2nd Amendment is NOT absolute. And you agree with the current status quo.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #18
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

Here in Texas, the Second Amendment seems to be less "infringed" than many other places.

"Arms" in the days when the Second Amendment was written also referred to weap[ons with points and blades. In Texas today, I think you can openly wear about any blade shorter than a machete or Katana.

In the UK however, it is forbidden to every-day-carry, in about any manner, anything with a point or edge.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:06 AM   #19
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
Remember, the 2nd Amendment is NOT absolute. And you agree with the current status quo.
It is absolute in terms of arms... not artillery, explosives etc.

This isn't gotcha. I accept that we have a set of laws that are interpreted by the SCOTUS for Constitutionality. But I also understand Tyranny and when the government no longer represents the citizenry.

If the government attempts to take private long arms such as AR-15 platform style weapons, they will have violated the social contract with the citizens of the States. I would feel no remorse for non-compliance.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:41 PM   #20
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

A social contract isn't law. The second ammendment can be repealed like any right. Sound familiar?

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 05:05 PM   #21
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
A social contract isn't law. The second ammendment can be repealed like any right. Sound familiar?

If the Government wants to repeal a Constitutional Right there must be a specific reason why. I think it would be safe to assume it's not to my benefit but for theirs.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #22
eccieuser9500
BANNED

The government’s benefit, and everybody's, to see to this epidemic of gun violence. What is a gun? What is a rifle? What is an arm?

Cui bono from eliminating the rights of women? Nobody!
Old 11-04-2023, 07:43 PM   #23
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

There are devices that can be purchased that will turn a semi-auto rifle into a fully automatic rifle. I had a buddy who had a S and W... M & P... AR15 style rifle and he installed a bump stock on it. Even though they're now illegal, we had some fun at the gun range with his bump stock. It isn't that you can just pick it up and use it, but it took some time and patience to be able to fire off 15 or so rounds.

It was his understanding he had to destroy it or turn it over to the ATF, but a search found this which was just posted yesterday (https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-sup...ks-2023-11-03/) and it appears the Supreme Court will be looking into it.

Bump stock AR 15 youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f7OCnrrpk
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 09:49 PM   #24
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Automatic weapons are not legal for ownership outside of the military. Therefore, there are NO civilian owned "assault" rifles.

the question was what is an assault rifle. a fully auto M16 is an assault rifle.
That's every rifle thats not a bolt/lever action. So EVERY semi-auto rifle is an "assault" rifle.
From what? single round? Since after market magazines can be bought for nearly every rifle on the market, nearly every rifle qualifies as an "assault" rifle

if it has most or all of the characteristics i mentioned, it's an assault rifle. a 10 round clip doesn't qualify, but say 30 or above does.

Any rifle is only as accurate as the persion utilizing it.

true. but a well made assault rifle is deadly in the hands of a marksman. This is a meaningless statement and could encompass any rifle in existence.

Scopes and pointer can be added to virtually ANY rifle. This means nearly every rifle is an "assault" rifle
Overly broad term.... virtually EVERY caliber or rifle can be used for hunting depending on the prey. There are no "non-hunting" rifles. Therefor you mean every rifle is an "asault" rifle.

do you hunt with an AR-15? if so, you must be a lousy shot.

So every rifle not in use by the military is automatically NOT an assault rifle?

If it's not obvious to you that you have no clue what you are talkiing about, you might be a liberal.
Thanks for playing.
i don't pretend to be a gun expert. i know enough to be able to identify an assault rifle. it's primary purpose is warfare. i've shot an assault rifle that wasn't street legal-it was fully auto-and it had all the characteristics i referenced. the owner, my brother, is a Navy Jayhawk helo aircraft commander and is comfortable with the legal risk.

i know you don't like how i use the quote feature. can't help you there. i use it exactly how i prefer to use it.

quick side-note: Thomas' opinion-quoted below-on the 2nd Amendment was a total trainwreck. if you read the 2nd Amendment, it's clear it's for firearms' use for the purposes of those serving in the Militia, like the National Guard.

"Only if a firearm regulation is consistent with this Nation's historical tradition may a court conclude that the individual's conduct falls outside the Second Amendment's 'unqualified command,'” Thomas wrote in the 6-3 decision of New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen.Sep 27, 2023
https://www.cnn.com › politics › hu..."
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 10:53 PM   #25
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
the question was what is an assault rifle. a fully auto M16 is an assault rifle.
Snicker. no it's not. and even if it were, M-16 are ALREADY not legal for private ownership...
Quote:
if it has most or all of the characteristics i mentioned, it's an assault rifle. a 10 round clip doesn't qualify, but say 30 or above does.
Why doesn't a 10 round mag count? Is an assault only happening when there are more than 30 bad guys?
Quote:
true. but a well made assault rifle is deadly in the hands of a marksman.
Good grief.. a fcuking bow and arrow is deadly in the hands of a marksman, a shitty Italian Carcano is deadly in the hands of a marksman. Well made... what the fcuk are they teaching kids in college these days?
Quote:
do you hunt with an AR-15? if so, you must be a lousy shot.
LOL... you do realize that every country boy that ever learned to shoots first rifle was probably a .22, the same caliber as the common round for AR-15 platform rifles. The only difference is that ARs can handle NATO 5.56 which generally have higher chamber pressure because of more/better gunpowder in the rounds? Why would I need to be a lousy shot to use an AR for hunting? You do realize if I pull the trigger once, only ONE bullet comes out?
Quote:
i don't pretend to be a gun expert.
I think you are making that crystal clear.
Quote:
i know enough to be able to identify an assault rifle.
And we're not off to a good start right out of the chute. There's simply no such rifle as an "assault rifle" but lets entertain ourselves while you try and figure it out for yer'self.
Quote:
it's primary purpose is warfare.
Oooo that's good, that's good. So does that mean only one type of weapon is used in warfare? And what type of warfare are we talking? Like street warfare, guerrilla warfare, urban warfare, NUKLEAR warfare even? LOL.. seriously it's primary purpose is warfare? Well that means no civilians own "assault rifles" then because none of them were sold to civilians for the purpose of warfare.
Quote:
i've shot an assault rifle that wasn't street legal-it was fully auto-and it had all the characteristics i referenced.
LOL... So YOU are a criminal. You are exactly the type of person that wants to take away the rights of your neighbors for something which YOU'VE actually done?
Quote:
the owner, my brother, is a Navy Jayhawk helo aircraft commander and is comfortable with the legal risk.
Here's where your story starts going off the track. 1st, the US Navy doesn't fly Jayhawks, only the USCG does. The navy flies the Seahawk variant... which are all navalised blackhawks. So I could see you not even knowing the name but to call it by a sister services name screams of bullshit. 2nd, Seahawk pilots are officers which means your dunce brother (assuming he's real) ought to be a bit smarter than having a full auto rifle that will send him to prison for a lot longer than a naval career if he's ever caught with it. Glad he will assume the risk...
Quote:
i know you don't like how i use the quote feature. can't help you there. i use it exactly how i prefer to use it.
Which is not well. But, you know the saying a craftsman never blames his tools... We know it's you and not the tools.
Quote:
quick side-note: Thomas' opinion-quoted below-on the 2nd Amendment was a total trainwreck. if you read the 2nd Amendment, it's clear it's for firearms' use for the purposes of those serving in the Militia, like the National Guard.
Oh, Lord Jesus, you don't know much. I'll let you go and figure out who the militia is... I will give you a little hint... You are probably part of the militia.
Quote:
"Only if a firearm regulation is consistent with this Nation's historical tradition may a court conclude that the individual's conduct falls outside the Second Amendment's 'unqualified command,'” Thomas wrote in the 6-3 decision of New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen
I don't know what is sadder, that you don't know what a militia is, let alone a well regulated one, or that you think quoting Thomas HELPS you.
Old 11-04-2023, 11:13 PM   #26
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Well regulated. pxmcc is probably not part of the militia.
Old 11-04-2023, 11:48 PM   #27
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Snicker. no it's not. and even if it were, M-16 are ALREADY not legal for private ownership...
Why doesn't a 10 round mag count? Is an assault only happening when there are more than 30 bad guys?
Good grief..
Rambo didn't show up in Vietnam with a freaking 10 round clip.

a fcuking bow and arrow is deadly in the hands of a marksman, a shitty Italian Carcano is deadly in the hands of a marksman. Well made... what the fcuk are they teaching kids in college these days?
LOL... you do realize that every country boy that ever learned to shoots first rifle was probably a .22, the same caliber as the common round for AR-15 platform rifles. The only difference is that ARs can handle NATO 5.56 which generally have higher chamber pressure because of more/better gunpowder in the rounds? Why would I need to be a lousy shot to use an AR for hunting?

anyone who hunts with an AR is just sorry. do you really hunt with an AR-15? i think you're pulling my leg..

You do realize if I pull the trigger once, only ONE bullet comes out?
I think you are making that crystal clear.
And we're not off to a good start right out of the chute. There's simply no such rifle as an "assault rifle" but lets entertain ourselves while you try and figure it out for yer'self.
Oooo that's good, that's good. So does that mean only one type of weapon is used in warfare? And what type of warfare are we talking? Like street warfare, guerrilla warfare, urban warfare, NUKLEAR warfare even? LOL.. seriously it's primary purpose is warfare? Well that means no civilians own "assault rifles" then because none of them were sold to civilians for the purpose of warfare.

pick a weapon you'd take to go fight Hamas. that's an assault rifle. it's not that complicated..

LOL... So YOU are a criminal. You are exactly the type of person that wants to take away the rights of your neighbors for something which YOU'VE actually done?

good or bad, i did it. it is what it is. maybe i'll go to hell for it..

Here's where your story starts going off the track. 1st, the US Navy doesn't fly Jayhawks, only the USCG does. The navy flies the Seahawk variant... which are all navalised blackhawks. So I could see you not even knowing the name but to call it by a sister services name screams of bullshit. 2nd, Seahawk pilots are officers which means your dunce brother (assuming he's real) ought to be a bit smarter than having a full auto rifle that will send him to prison for a lot longer than a naval career if he's ever caught with it. Glad he will assume the risk...

you're like a fire hydrant bro. my brother and my nephew graduated a year apart from the U.S. Naval Academy. my nephew Patrick won the Brigades his last 3 years in the Heavyweight division and went into the Seals after graduation. my youngest brother Joe played #2 at Navy Tennis and had a pretty badass record. then he went into helo training flying the MH-60. i asked him if he flew the Seakhawk, the Nighthawk, or the Jayhawk. he said he flew the Jayhawk. not sure why he would lie about that. since you have so many ideas, maybe you can tell me why he told me the "wrong helocopter". maybe he was just yanking my chain..
both guys and my other nephew, a Navy Frogman, are retired from their service and doing civvy stuff now.

Which is not well. But, you know the saying a craftsman never blames his tools... We know it's you and not the tools.
Oh, Lord Jesus, you don't know much. I'll let you go and figure out who the militia is... I will give you a little hint... You are probably part of the militia.

the National Guard is a militia. i'm not sure why you're confused about that..

I don't know what is sadder, that you don't know what a militia is, let alone a well regulated one, or that you think quoting Thomas HELPS you.
i might not be a genius, but i don't know if you're mensa-ready either..

i called Thomas' opinion idiotic and i quoted some of his idiotic language from the case..

he told us to go look up statutes from the early 1800s to find out what kind of gun regulations we should have in the 21st century. most ridiculous argument ever, and our Mitch McConnell rigged Court bought it hook, line and sinker..

Thomas is an originalist only when it suits him.

i'm not trolling you, i'm just having a little fun. you seem like a pretty smart guy but also kind of a handful lol..
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 12:13 AM   #28
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Default pxmcc, clear your PM inbox

PXMCC, please clear your inbox, I have a pm for you.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:13 AM   #29
pxmcc
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
PXMCC, please clear your inbox, I have a pm for you.
Done!
pxmcc is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:33 AM   #30
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I put a laser pointer on my rubber band gun. Does that make it an assault rifle?
royamcr is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women