Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70688
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60228
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2023, 09:15 PM   #16
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Venerable former poster What The Fuck (aka WTF), whose political beliefs are to the left of yours, agrees with that and so do I. The combination of a Democratic President and a Republican House of Representatives historically has proved best at controlling deficits.

The power of the purse and of the power of government should be exercised closest to the people when feasible, at the state and local level. Reducing the rate of growth in federal spending is an admirable goal, especially considering how wasteful and inefficient the federal government is compared to state and local governments. Well, at least compared to my state and local government.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates the debt-limit deal negotiated by McCarthy will save $1.5 trillion to $2.1 trillion over ten years. The number probably will be closer to $1.5 trillion, unless some of the cuts are extended:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/31/u...-spending.html

That's a lot!

The Republicans actually did succeed in cutting Biden's additional funding of $80 billion to the IRS by $20 billion.

The majority of reasonable people, including moderate Democrats, would agree the cuts overall made sense in view of our national debt. In addition to the cut in IRS funding, the bill held nondefense discretionary spending increases to 1% per year for two years. Adults aged 50 to 54 (except veterans and the homeless) who don't have children living at home will now have to work or look for work to receive food stamps. Energy projects including the Mountain Valley Pipeline will have to be approved quicker. The Biden Administration actually already agreed to do this for Joe Manchin, in return for his support for legislation, but later reneged. And payments on student loans will begin again.

I mostly agree with you on that. It would certainly help the GOP at the ballot box if it backed off on abortion. However, there are people who believe abortion is murder, and who don't want their tax dollars spent to kill babies. So I don't favor using government money for abortions. There are plenty of billionaire Democrats donating to Planned Parenthood and the like, who can and will take up the slack.

You're like Blackman. You watch too much MSNBC. He won't admit it though. He refuses to come out of the closet and publicly express his love for Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell. The Democratic Party is just as adept at fucking with rights of voters and gerrymandering as the Republican Party.

Menendez, like Santos, says he isn't going anywhere. Democratic Party history is littered with the legends of corrupt politicians. Blackman's home state has more than its fair share, like Edwin Edwards and Ray Nagin.

It's amazing to me that he's a viable candidate, let alone leading the polls. It just goes to show you how rightly afraid Republicans are of Democratic Party politicians.
i'm TWK and i approve Tiny's post. BAHHAAAHAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:24 PM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
They can't govern. They have no ideas and they lack any guidance. They condemned themselves to Trumpism. And when they had the full govt, they didn't save any money at all. In fact the ballooned the deficit and debt with unnecessary tax cuts. Those are creating great deficits than we had under Obama. Oh that's right, his deficits were small even coming out of a recession/damn near depression left him.by the prior republican president.

That's why Tiny has zero credibility when it comes to his continuous hate on democrat’s economic policies. When republicans (each of the last 4 presidents) left their democrat successor a shit economy and recession or near recession, it's “coincidence” and when the democrat fixes the shit economy its republican policy under Reagan that reverberates through to that president’s success. Tiny is the master of nonsensical drivel on that subject n
You need to look to Fed policy, the business cycle, oil price shocks, a pandemic and the like to explain recessions. Blaming recessions on the party of the president is simple minded. You know that in your heart. I hope you can get past the Stockholm Syndrome some day, probably brought on by watching too much MSNBC.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:52 PM   #18
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Blimey! ... Another GREAT discussion in the forum!

... Surely hope it'll last...

... The fact the House is having votes for Speaker
is a good sign... The world will have to survive
until then... And maybe President Joe will freeze
the Iran money and more Ukraine aid until the
Repubs surely give the nod.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:54 AM   #19
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Republicans in Congress are the gang that can't shoot straight. Sad how far the GOP has fallen. Not a single adult in the room.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:21 AM   #20
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Apparently they are gonna nominate Steve Scalise. Another election denier. I am expecting flames and a crash and burn here. Not as bad as Jordan but close.

Hakim Jefferies will submarine this guy and all of them till they recycle the ass clown McCarthy again. Literally can't see them getting anyone else across the 217 line. Just saying
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:01 PM   #21
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Republicans can't govern. Just a bunch of dummies.
Old 10-11-2023, 03:04 PM   #22
texassapper
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
This has to be read using Red Foxxs voice.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:31 PM   #23
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Apparently they are gonna nominate Steve Scalise. Another election denier. I am expecting flames and a crash and burn here. Not as bad as Jordan but close.

Hakim Jefferies will submarine this guy and all of them till they recycle the ass clown McCarthy again. Literally can't see them getting anyone else across the 217 line. Just saying
... And how will THAT help the matter??

### Salty
Old 10-12-2023, 08:07 AM   #24
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... And how will THAT help the matter??

### Salty
Not saying it will. Sadly- I think the Dems are happy to watch the GOP just twist in the wind. It will take a few more days or a week. But my bet is that neither Scalise or Jordan have the votes. Jordan will never get elected due to his passionate pursuit of the Bidens and election denial. Scalise is a little more moderate but is also a toady who walks the GOP line of voting regardless of what his personal beliefs are. I actually thought McCarthy was the better of the mix;

Will a dark horse emerge from the mist of this rebellion in the house?

I think also the Dems might be happier with the devil they know, vs. the one they don't know. (Scalise or Jordan), but if they try to shove Jordan in the spot, everything that happens from then on will be a knife fight for sure. And if that is the tact that ends up showing up- DEMS for certain will block him as best they can, however they can.

Ultimately- the speaker's position has become more powerful than the VP or sometimes even the POTUS. They control more things that affect everyday folks; and the last few have sucked ass. It would be great if we could strip off the political party of it all, and nominate the person who's going to do the best for the country and not just their party. But who am I kidding...that will never happen in today's politics.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 08:56 AM   #25
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Republicans keep proving they can't govern. If they were smart they'd elect McConnell, but they aren't bright enough to figure out the advantage of doing so.

All that this has shown is that these a bad and worse set of House Republicans and they can't agree to go with bad over worse. It's plenty clear there is no desire to have Jordan, whom they know would just make the House a clown show. And the nut wing doesn't want Scalise because he's scum with the air of respectability even though he isn't worth shit either.

Unfortunately for the Republicans, they’re left with no moderate that could govern since the right flank will sabotage any suggestion of trying to get legislation that could actually get through the House Senate and to a presidential signature.

They simply can't govern.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:13 PM   #26
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Republicans in Congress are the gang that can't shoot straight. Sad how far the GOP has fallen. Not a single adult in the room.

There are plenty of adults in the room . But unfortunately they are too afraid of what will happen to them if they choose to compromise. If the Republican center had the courage to work with Democrats we could have a real power sharing arrangement. I'm sure there are a number of things we could agree on if they weren't afraid of being primaried next election or worse, being called a rino and waiting for some nut to show up at their house with a gun to kill them or their family members.

Congress - Gabby Giffords - January 8, 2011 Shot in the head
Congress - Steve Scalise - June 14, 2017 Shot in the hip.
Senate - Rand Paul - November 3, 2017 Assaulted by his neighbor.
Vice President - Mike Pence - January 6th 2021 Rioters stormed the capitol and threatened hanging.
Congress - Paul Pelosi - October 28, 2022 Assaulted in his home with a hammer.
Congress - Angie Craig - February 9, 2023 - Assaulted in an elevator.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:18 PM   #27
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
There are plenty of adults in the room . But unfortunately they are too afraid of what will happen to them if they choose to compromise. If the Republican center had the courage to work with Democrats we could have a real power sharing arrangement. I'm sure there are a number of things we could agree on if they weren't afraid of being primaried next election or worse, being called a rino and waiting for some nut to show up at their house with a gun to kill them or their family members.

Congress - Gabby Giffords - January 8, 2011 Shot in the head
Congress - Steve Scalise - June 14, 2017 Shot in the hip.
Senate - Rand Paul - November 3, 2017 Assaulted by his neighbor.
Vice President - Mike Pence - January 6th 2021 Rioters stormed the capitol and threatened hanging.
Congress - Paul Pelosi - October 28, 2022 Assaulted in his home with a hammer.
Congress - Angie Craig - February 9, 2023 - Assaulted in an elevator.
i'm shocked. you really believe this nonsense? are you really saying all that was because those "evil republicans" won't compromise?

nonsense.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:19 PM   #28
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
show me an example of democrats governing.

we'll wait.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:24 PM   #29
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Surely might be waiting a loooooong time there, mate.

The Dems are the ones who can't govern - and it's showing
in the Polls... Their support is dropping like a stone.

#### Salty
Old 10-12-2023, 11:09 PM   #30
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Uh huh.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women