Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60319
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41462
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 04-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #16
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet View Post
"I was pained over the Ukrainian schism, and quite annoyed with the Ecumenical Patriarch for getting involved (his rivalry with Patriarch Kyrill is well known), but I had no idea that the US Government played such a role. (John Schindler, by the way, teaches at the US Naval War College, so he’s not an Internet rando making this claim.) This infuriates me! Typical American meddling, only seeing religion in political terms, pushing ahead heedless of the damage this does to a thousand year old church. "

So, our government was involved in pushing for the split between the Moscow and Ukrainian Orthodox churches. Something to ponder.

I had no idea that the U.S. state dept. got involved with the religious aspect of the of a new orthodox run region.

I was following this UKR/Moscow church split with interest.

theres 2 churches in UKR. one was tied to the Moscow church and one was not and wasn't an official church. a faction wanted to split from the Moscow church. something the religious leaders in moscow opposed.

the Greek pope following the rules of his orthodox order created a new orthodox church for UKR amidst Moscow church opposition.

did you know theres an american orthodox church and its not official one.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:58 AM   #17
JohnnyGleet
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
I had no idea that the U.S. state dept. got involved with the religious aspect of the of a new orthodox run region.

I was following this UKR/Moscow church split with interest.

theres 2 churches in UKR. one was tied to the Moscow church and one was not and wasn't an official church. a faction wanted to split from the Moscow church. something the religious leaders in moscow opposed.

the Greek pope following the rules of his orthodox order created a new orthodox church for UKR amidst Moscow church opposition.

did you know theres an american orthodox church and its not official one.
There are many complicated historical and cultural issues between Russia and Ukraine which the West is exploiting for it's own reasons.

As I understand, there is some question of the canonical validity of the Ukrainian church . Unlike the Catholic church there is no single leader such as the pope and granting autocephaly requires a synod of bishops from the various Orthodox churches to gather and make a decision. It is not something the ecumenical patriarch can unilaterally determine.

If you are referring to the Orthodox Church in America , this article may be helpful :

https://www.oca.org/history-archives/oca-history-intro

For a more complete understanding of Orthodox history, belief and practice , I recommend The Orthodox Church by Timothy Ware.
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:29 PM   #18
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Hasn’t the Episcopalian Sect in the US embrace the LGBTQ Agenda?
Just a rhetorical question.

Trying to justify Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as a strike against the LGBTQ community is as asinine thought as I have every heard.
I suppose this “bishop” in the Russian Orthodox Church knows he can’t tell his congregations what is really going on with his “holy warriors”. Murder, Rape, Genocide, ….yeh, Gods on our side.

If he says otherwise, I’m sue his next zip code would be Siberia.

As to a lot of these nut case Teachers holding camps for 8 year olds to discuss Sexuality, well, you’re nothing but a bunch of pedophiles and need to be treated as such by the Law.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:39 PM   #19
JohnnyGleet
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Hasn’t the Episcopalian Sect in the US embrace the LGBTQ Agenda?
Just a rhetorical question.

Trying to justify Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as a strike against the LGBTQ community is as asinine thought as I have every heard.
I suppose this “bishop” in the Russian Orthodox Church knows he can’t tell his congregations what is really going on with his “holy warriors”. Murder, Rape, Genocide, ….yeh, Gods on our side.

If he says otherwise, I’m sue his next zip code would be Siberia.

As to a lot of these nut case Teachers holding camps for 8 year olds to discuss Sexuality, well, you’re nothing but a bunch of pedophiles and need to be treated as such by the Law.
"Hasn’t the Episcopalian Sect in the US embrace the LGBTQ Agenda?
Just a rhetorical question. "

Largely. Many for Episcopalians have converted to Orthodoxy for this reason, among others.

"Trying to justify Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as a strike against the LGBTQ community is as asinine thought as I have every heard.
I suppose this “bishop” in the Russian Orthodox Church knows he can’t tell his congregations what is really going on with his “holy warriors”. Murder, Rape, Genocide, ….yeh, Gods on our side."

Understanding the larger cultural battle as a factor in the conflict is not the same as justification.

"As to a lot of these nut case Teachers holding camps for 8 year olds to discuss Sexuality, well, you’re nothing but a bunch of pedophiles and need to be treated as such by the Law. "

You may be more in sympathy with ' some' of the Metropolitans statements then you realize. Some see Ukraine as the front line in a cultural battle against such practices.
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #20
eccieuser9500
BANNED

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet View Post
"Hasn’t the Episcopalian Sect in the US embrace the LGBTQ Agenda?
Just a rhetorical question. "

Largely. Many for Episcopalians have converted to Orthodoxy for this reason, among others.

"Trying to justify Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as a strike against the LGBTQ community is as asinine thought as I have every heard.
I suppose this “bishop” in the Russian Orthodox Church knows he can’t tell his congregations what is really going on with his “holy warriors”. Murder, Rape, Genocide, ….yeh, Gods on our side."

Understanding the larger cultural battle as a factor in the conflict is not the same as justification.

"As to a lot of these nut case Teachers holding camps for 8 year olds to discuss Sexuality, well, you’re nothing but a bunch of pedophiles and need to be treated as such by the Law. "

You may be more in sympathy with ' some' of the Metropolitans statements then you realize. Some see Ukraine as the front line in a cultural battle against such practices.

"All of the above indicates that we have entered into a struggle that has not a physical, but a metaphysical significance."

Would you provide an article or editorial so I can understand the big picture? Is it a major religion split?

I'm interested to know how conservatives view progress. Maybe a French piece. Supporting le Pen maybe?

France braces for Le Pen-Macron showdown

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...acron-showdown

Quote:
Le Pen insisted that opinion polls giving Macron the lead would be proved wrong and took aim at her rival's plan to push back the retirement age to 65 from 62.

Macron for his part said Le Pen was trying to mask an authoritarian "extreme right" platform that stigmatises Muslims with a plan to outlaw headscarves in public.

Analysts say abstention rates could reach 25 to 30 percent, in particular among left-wing voters unhappy with Macron's pro-business agenda, not least his tax cuts for businesses and the highest earners.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women