Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70612
biomed161957
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453164
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48222
pyramider46370
bambino41201
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2023, 07:54 PM   #16
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

LOL. Who said I had a beef with Asians, Jackie? Or do you just want to start non topic drama for whatever reason? Two of my closest friends from school are Asian. If I have a beef with them, I sure don't know how to show it because I usually don't befriend people I have a problem with.

I'm just talking about a difference in cultures and why diversity is important at universities IMO. That's it. It had no effect on me whatsoever. I still went to the same universities that they did. I just studied a lot less and had a lot more fun in high school than they did. Shit, I am sorry for actually trying to address the original topic now in a serious manner. Somehow, now I've become the fucking topic. Haha
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 09:25 PM   #17
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32
Default Members Should Remember . . .

The Following is not permitted . . .
Quote:
Insulting Others
Targeting other members for attacks
Harassing other members, groups of members, class of members, etc
Disrespecting other members on the site
General rudeness toward other members on the site
A discussion is a part of the reason for Eccie's existence.

Attacking or Harassing other Members is not. . .
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 03:27 AM   #18
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

As per the Administrators dictate, I will rephrase my statement from post #15.

“It seems a large portion of our population has a serious beef with cultures that stress education over other activities during one’s formative years.”.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:11 AM   #19
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

Regarding education:

intro:
My father came to the USA from Eastern Europe in 1935 as a teen to escape Nazi persecution. for reasons that were bever spoken of, the rest of the family did not. More than half of them did not survive the next ten years.

With that said now, an early childhood memory is my father soberly telling me that education was important (I hadn't done my homework) because, while "they" cn take away anything you own, "they" cannot take away what you know.

I support merit based equality of opportunity in college admissions and employment. I oppose preferential treatment or discrimination in college admissions and employment.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:12 AM   #20
BigBamboo
Premium Access

Encounters: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Regarding education:

intro:
My father came to the USA from Eastern Europe in 1935 as a teen to escape Nazi persecution. for reasons that were bever spoken of, the rest of the family did not. More than half of them did not survive the next ten years.

With that said now, an early childhood memory is my father soberly telling me that education was important (I hadn't done my homework) because, while "they" cn take away anything you own, "they" cannot take away what you know.

I support merit based equality of opportunity in college admissions and employment. I oppose preferential treatment or discrimination in college admissions and employment.
Amen, brother!
BigBamboo is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:37 AM   #21
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Regarding education:

intro:

Kinda adds perspective. Good post
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 01:03 PM   #22
Daniel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

As a black lady whom I respected much, once said to me, "they held us back for so long". Affirmative Action was supposed to be a correction for the many decades that racism ruled in America and especially in Texas and the South. White folk aren't going to be ruling this country much longer. The tide is turning and whitey is scared. Without Affirmative Action, Clarence Thomas would not be on the Supreme Court now.
Daniel is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:24 PM   #23
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
As a black lady whom I respected much, once said to me, "they held us back for so long". Affirmative Action was supposed to be a correction for the many decades that racism ruled in America and especially in Texas and the South. White folk aren't going to be ruling this country much longer. The tide is turning and whitey is scared. Without Affirmative Action, Clarence Thomas would not be on the Supreme Court now.
A wrong cannot be used as solution by creating another wrong. The only thing holding black people back is the Democratic Party.

Why are most college and pro teams black. Simply because they are better athletes that put in the work to hone their skills. It wouldn’t be right to say 50% of the team be white. Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered.
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:26 PM   #24
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Clarence Thomas can speak for hisself, A A might have got him him, but it didn’t help him become one of the great legal minds in our history.
Old 06-30-2023, 04:52 PM   #25
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
A wrong cannot be used as solution by creating another wrong. The only thing holding black people back is the Democratic Party.

Why are most college and pro teams black. Simply because they are better athletes that put in the work to hone their skills. It wouldn’t be right to say 50% of the team be white. Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered.
... Great Points there, mate.

Exactly spot-on! ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #26
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered.
If your G.P.A should only be considered to get into college or grad school, then Bush43 would have never been admitted into the Harvard MBA program. He finished Yale with a 2.7 GPA in History.

I guess Bush43 getting into Harvard MBA was Affirmation Action for a "C" student that does not belong to a minority group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #27
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
If your G.P.A should only be considered to get into college or grad school, then Bush43 would have never been admitted into the Harvard MBA program. He finished Yale with a 2.7 GPA in History.

I guess Bush43 getting into Harvard MBA was Affirmation Action for a "C" student that does not belong to a minority group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
Did I say Bush getting in was right? Nope I didn’t, so what is your point?
Old 07-01-2023, 02:59 PM   #28
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did I say Bush getting in was right? Nope I didn’t, so what is your point?
Minority group students were not the only students to take advantage of the Affirmation action concept. Other factors can be considered for admission into college or grad school besides your GPA. Other factors were considered for Bush43 when he was admitted into Harvard MBA.

You did not say Bush43 getting in was right. You did not say it was wrong either.

The thought that other students besides students from a minority group took advantage of the Affirmative Action concept probably never crossed your mind.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:59 PM   #29
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

I think he was considered a legacy. Which is non discriminate. Is it fair? That's another topic
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:58 PM   #30
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Minority group students were not the only students to take advantage of the Affirmation action concept. Other factors can be considered for admission into college or grad school besides your GPA. Other factors were considered for Bush43 when he was admitted into Harvard MBA.

You did not say Bush43 getting in was right. You did not say it was wrong either.

The thought that other students besides students from a minority group took advantage of the Affirmative Action concept probably never crossed your mind.
What part of merit is only qualification that should be considered didn’t you understand. That applies to legacy enrollees as well. Do I need to explain what I said again? You libs go straight to race every single time. You judge a person by his work ethic regardless of what field you are in.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women