Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60548
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42050
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #271
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Most of the world has for brains!

Look, if you think God created all and knows all then why did he let those there terrorist fly into the WTC?

I have no idea how it came to be....that does not mean I just make up some shit like this God in Heaven crap. I just say , "Fuck if I know!" I do not know if the eveloution theory is correct but I sure as shit don't think there is some asshole pulling us around on puppet strings!

http://www.humanistsofutah.org/1992/art2aug92.html
New Ideas
Humanists do not claim to have any final answers. We look to the open book of nature, not to the closed book of "revelation", for our understanding of the world and what is important in it. Science and ethics are continuing processes of discovery and surprise, so one must always be willing to consider new ideas.
God gives us free will, as well as the asshole terrorists.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #272
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Yep, a new alter for them to worship at, global warming.

More to the idea that man causes it and can control it.
Cause? Not sure. Control? Not sure. But do things to respond to? Absolutely.

But then you probably don't acknowledge shrinking aquafers, melting ice caps, changing migration patterns, Love canal, uranium tailings in Kyrghistan and western New Mexico, or Ranipet.

No, humans can't affect nature. Not if it would inconvenience you.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #273
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Cause? Not sure. Control? Not sure. But do things to respond to? Absolutely.

But then you probably don't acknowledge shrinking aquafers, melting ice caps, changing migration patterns, Love canal, uranium tailings in Kyrghistan and western New Mexico, or Ranipet.

No, humans can't affect nature. Not if it would inconvenience you.
God will provide unlimited supply of resources!

He hasn't cleaned up our trash as of yet but he will according to these guys and their Rapture.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #274
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wrong. Again.

I agree that not everything that lables itself as science is indeed science, but the real scientific work is inherently honest. It ststes what was seen, measured, etc. It hypothisizes how the data fits together, and encourages others to test the hypothesis to either strengthen it, refute it, or modify it.

It is the litteralist among they creationists who toss away facts with "That's not what MY bible says", and who put forth hypotheses that have little if any data to support them. It is the creationists who typically confuse WHY with HOW (though I do agree Hawkins walks close to that line at times also).

Hidden agendas? Having been a peripheral participant in the evolution/creation scientific debate for 33 years now the hidden agenda is almost always (not even close, really) the creationists who play that game. Most proponents of evolution--those who have devoted their life to the study, find it makes them more religious, not less. More a believer in a god who used evolution as his tool. But most of them--unlike the creationists--understand WHY and HOW are questions in two very different domains.

Originally Posted by joe bloe
The left used the theory of evolution to discourage belief in God.

Complete crap! But I suspect you know that.
Karl Marx was a HUGE FAN of "Origin of Species."

From: http://www.darwinthenandnow.com/2010/04/darwin-on-marx/

The American researcher Conway Zirckle explains why the founders of Communism immediately accepted Darwin’s theory -
“Marx and Engels accepted evolution almost immediately after Darwin published The Origin of Species. Evolution, of course, was just what the founders of communism needed to explain how mankind could have come into being without the intervention of any supernatural force, and consequently it could be used to bolster the foundations of their materialistic philosophy.”

Game, Set, Match.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #275
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
God gives us free will, as well as the asshole terrorists.
How do you know this...can you prove it? I readily admit that I can not prove there is no GOD. I also admit I can not prove there is no Santa Clause.

Just because there are asshole terrorist does not prove there is a God.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #276
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Wrong. Again.

I agree that not everything that lables itself as science is indeed science, but the real scientific work is inherently honest. It ststes what was seen, measured, etc. It hypothisizes how the data fits together, and encourages others to test the hypothesis to either strengthen it, refute it, or modify it.

It is the litteralist among they creationists who toss away facts with "That's not what MY bible says", and who put forth hypotheses that have little if any data to support them. It is the creationists who typically confuse WHY with HOW (though I do agree Hawkins walks close to that line at times also).

Hidden agendas? Having been a peripheral participant in the evolution/creation scientific debate for 33 years now the hidden agenda is almost always (not even close, really) the creationists who play that game. Most proponents of evolution--those who have devoted their life to the study, find it makes them more religious, not less. More a believer in a god who used evolution as his tool. But most of them--unlike the creationists--understand WHY and HOW are questions in two very different domains.

Complete crap! But I suspect you know that.

Looks like you need to do a little research yourself.

Just one small little example, the drawings they use to illustrate
what some creature would look like they derived from some
bone fragment that was found.

Almost without exception the creature is drawn or painted
in a way to fit the way it would look to fit their evolutionary
agenda, that is taking license more than just a little bit
and in many cases down right dishonest.

Just one little example.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #277
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
There is more out right lying, agendas, hidden agendas, assumptions presented as facts, and outright dishonesty in the scientific evolutionist community as you will find anywhere.
How do you know that? Can you provide some documentation? Or is that just something you made up?

Anyone can do a little research and see that is true.
Good. Then you should have no problem doing a little research and providing us with some citations to reputable studies. Notice I said "reputable". We will not accept idiotic rantings on creationist websites.

Your claim seems to be just because someone puts the word science in front of something, that gives whatever claim they make some kind of unquestionable truth.
No, it doesn't "seem" to be that. First, "someone" didn't just put the word "science" in front of evolution. It IS science and it is carried out by actually university educated, scientists. Second the word science comes after, not before, science - as in evolutionary science

If that's not worshiping at an alter I don't know what is.
Now that is the FIRST correct thing you have said all day. Just not in the way you meant it.
Let me ask you point blank:

How old do you think the earth is? And I mean in regular years that we experience, not that sophist nonsense about how we don't know how long the first days were because there was no sun yet according to Genesis.

Do you think the earth is less than 10.000 years old?

Or about 5 billion?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #278
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Karl Marx was a HUGE FAN of "Origin of Species."

From: http://www.darwinthenandnow.com/2010/04/darwin-on-marx/

The American researcher Conway Zirckle explains why the founders of Communism immediately accepted Darwin’s theory -
“Marx and Engels accepted evolution almost immediately after Darwin published The Origin of Species. Evolution, of course, was just what the founders of communism needed to explain how mankind could have come into being without the intervention of any supernatural force, and consequently it could be used to bolster the foundations of their materialistic philosophy.”

Game, Set, Match

Who. Gives. A. Fuck?

The fact that Karl Marx agreed or disagreed with something is utterly irrelevant to whether or not it is true.

I'm sure Marx agreed with the Second Law of Thermodynamics when Sadi Carnot first explained it. Does that mean the Second Law of Thermodynamics is false?

Guilt by association is always a dumb argument, whether it is proffered by someone on the left or someone on the right. If you spent less time patting yourself on the back, you would realize that.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #279
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

How old do you think the earth is? And I mean in regular years that we experience, not that sophist nonsense about how we don't know how long the first days were because there was no sun yet according to Genesis.

Or about 5 billion?

I can't wait for his answer!

Come on bojulay, don't dissappoint!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #280
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:

Or about 5 billion?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #281
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Default Thanks, asshole...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Forgive me if this has been done before.

What say you?
I hope you are proud of this shitstorm...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #282
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #283
MsJane69
BANNED

User ID: 174574

Quote:

Or about 5 billion?

I know I Know, it going to be 1 day older tomorrow.
MsJane69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #284
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
No, it was a big step. But BOTH events occurred in the modern era when we already had mass communication, industrialization and money to spend on research.

So the Wright brothers invention was widely publicized in a matter of days, their device was copied and improved on by many others, including big companies that could spend money on better parts and larger aircraft bodies.

And THOSE improvements were also widely publicized and improve upon. The knowledge of mankind is expanding far more rapidly than in the past. So new inventions come along a LOT faster.

Except among Biblical literalists.
Really? I wonder if you have an answer for literally hundreds of prophecies that came true - I guess who ever wrote that so called fable of the Book called the Bible were just lucky when they predicted events hundreds and thousand of years before they happened.

Funny thing is some of these events are happening as we speak and yet you are too blind to see it- Bible predicts a cash less society- can you tell me what option is becoming more popular- cash or credit card payments?

Here are some other predictions that have come out of that so called fable of a book we call the Bible:

The nation Israel would be born in one day (Isaiah 66:8). On May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation.

Israel, once a desolate desert, would blossom in the last days and export produce to the world (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1-2; Ezekiel 36:34-36). Israel's increased rainfall and world-renowned irrigation technology have caused the land to blossom. Incredibly, as foretold, they currently export over 800 million dollars worth of fresh produce each year, including over 200 million in flowers and ornamental plants!

A pure language would be restored (Zephaniah 3:9). At the end of the 19th century the Zionist movement brought about the revival of Hebrew as a spoken language. In 1948, Hebrew became an official tongue of the state of Israel. Originally there was only one language (Genesis 11:1) and this pure speech will be restored (Isaiah 19:18). Interestingly, Hebrew has no swear words.

Jerusalem would be rebuilt on its own ruins (Jeremiah 30:18; Zechariah 12:6). Since 1948, Jerusalem has been rebuilt on the old ruins exactly as foretold.

Scientific claims anticipated by Scripture

What are the scientific proof that man’s body came from the dust of the ground, as the Bible says? The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not from the core of the earth. Oxygen, being the most abundant element on the earth’s crust or on the ground, makes up 65 percent of the human body, and carbon, also abundant on the top soil of the ground, is 18 percent, and hydrogen is 10 percent. The 59 elements found in the human body are all found on the earths crust. This is amazing because what the Bible says perfectly match the scientific composition of a human body

Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

[B]The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.

Keep in mind back in those days- it was greatly believed that the earth was flat- but I guess whoever wrote this "fable" took a lucky guess right Ex-Nyer and WTF?

Also, in the past decades- scientist- many of them who believe in evolution believe that snakes once had legs/limbs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12393387
http://phys.org/news/2011-02-x-rays-...g-ancient.html

Well I guess that puts to rest the story in the Bible- book of Genesis where as punishment God tells the serpent :"upon your belly you will crawl all the days of your lives..." So I assuming before God issued the punishment- the snake must have had legs/limbs- just as scientist have now recently discovered- but nah that's just a coincidence right Ex-Nyer and WTF?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #285
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Hey, I haven't posted a word. You're doing fine.
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women