Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #136
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I'm not here to try to win any arguments, COG. I'm here, mainly, for the purpose of pointing out the idiocies and hypocrisies of people like you and IB Hankering. So yeah, that doesn't take much thought, given the easy targets i'm presented with. Though if i was really lazy, i'd simply resort to childish name calling. But i think those tactics are below me, wouldn't you agree?

Nevertheless, I'll answer your question when you answer mine in post #125.
Obviously not, so that makes you a hypocrite.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #137
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Doofe, it is obvious you're not here to win arguments. You couldn't. I will answer your question from post #125. Of course it will depend on circumstances, but yes, there may be times for government to assist. State and local government, however, not federal government. Satisfied? Now answer my question. Thank you very much.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #138
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

The closer to the one in need that assistance comes from the less it costs. The less the federal government takes the more that is left for local problems DOG has it right.

There is a reason that poverty is winning the war and it is called the federal government.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #139
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Doofe? Your answer?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #140
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Well, Doofe, if $10 per hour is good, wouldn't $35 per hour be better? Or $50 per hour?
I'll overlook the straw man aspect of your question since i did promise to answer it.

And I'll answer it with yet another question. Bad form, i know. Too bad. Anyways, does someone making the argument that tax cuts always increase revenues mean that they should be expected to think that revenues would be maximized by lowering the tax rate to 0%? Of course not. Does suggesting that the defense budget should be cut mean i think the defense budget should be lowered to $0? Of course not. So your question using an extreme example was not only a straw man, it was also just plain silly.

Quote:
If you insist on having a minimum wage, I just want to know what the best minimum wage would be.
Frankly, i have no idea. But then, i have no idea what the defense budget should be either - i just know it should be lowered. But as to the minimum wage, i don't see how expecting it to keep up with inflation would be too much to ask. Or at the very least, having it keep up with a certain percentage of inflation.

Quote:
Do you have anything of substance to offer?
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if i'll ever resort to calling people silly little girly names?

Quote:
I will answer your question from post #125. Of course it will depend on circumstances, but yes, there may be times for government to assist. State and local government, however, not federal government. Satisfied?
And what if states refuse? As some will no doubt be wont to do (just read the posts from the majority of the Texas gang, if you don't believe me). So keeping in mind that you've stated we shouldn't desert them, and we've already allowed for the idea that charities are unable to keep up with their needs, would it then be ok for the federal government to step in and help?

Quote:
Doofe? Your answer?

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, my own personal version of having no life still doesn't afford me the opportunity to post 11 times a day.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #141
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

I like that answer, I dont know what it should be but it shouldn't be that much.

I suppose Obama cant figure that one out either since he has not had a budget in how many days?

If there is a governmetn nadated minimum wage is it correct toask shoudnt there be a minimum tax.

Should the minimum wage be high enough that the wage earner that benefits from a government mandate pays at least something to the government for that assistance in the form of federal income tax.

What will be next, a mandate that you have to buy health insurance? How about a mandate that you have to provide health insurance to each and every employee regardless of the amount of time they work.

How about a government mandate that you cant be fired if you only show up every other day when you feel like it.

You know I don't know how much that would cost but what the fuck its not my problem.

I don't know what the budget is for the executive branch but it needs to be cut A LOT.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #142
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Obviously not, so that makes you a hypocrite.
Oh?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #143
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ah, Doofe. You never disappoint. You deliberately threw up a red herring to avoid my question. You lied when you said you would answer, yet all you can do is make fun of my comments, without ever offering any thoughts of your own.

Now go away and the the grown ups talk. You can find some crayons on the table in the den. Enjoy yourself.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #144
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ok, Doofe. I'm not willing to give up on you quite yet. Of course a minimum wage of $35 an hour is silly. That was my point. Now to make up for you failure to answer my last question, here are two serious questions, with no perceived strawmen or red herrings:

1. What is the optimum minimum wage an employer should be allowed to pay an employee which balances the employer's desire to make a profit at his business?

2. Who is in the best position to know what that optimum rate should be?

These are pretty simple and straightforward. So let's try again. I answered your question, now you answer mine.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #145
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

OK, cosFb, I'm not ready to give up on you, either. You have just taken the first of 12 steps to recovery: admitting that you make silly posts. Now that you have come to the realization that the rest of us have, step 2 awaits.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #146
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

I can answer for Doofe.

1. Whatever the government says it should be.

and

2. The governmmnet

I really do not know what it should be but it isnt enough.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #147
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

RaggedyAndy, you could answer the questions as well. And thanks, T2D, I expected that would have been Doofe's answer had he ever decided to answer. Which he won't.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #148
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
And thanks, T2D, I expected that would have been Doofe's answer had he ever decided to answer. Which he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
And what if states refuse?
Chirp chirp chirp.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #149
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Again, no answer from Doofe. That would have required thought, a concept with which he is unfamiliar.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #150
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again, no answer from Doofe. That would have required thought, a concept with which he is unfamiliar.

Hmm....my question.....post #140.

Your questions.....post #144.

Interesting comment COG.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women