Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35940
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #136
robin hood
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Could it become a legal problem for Obama?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...629309954.html

Congress anticipated that Mr. Obama would try to use the complex process of environmental study as a fig leaf for further delaying the pipeline. But if the law is to be followed, since the president failed to make a national interest determination as specified in the rider, it means that "the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline . . . shall be in effect by operation of law." The only question is whether Mr. Obama can be made to obey the letter and the spirit of that law and whether Republicans will try to enforce it. Investors will be watching.
robin hood is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #137
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Aha! Now we are getting to the bottom of it. Thanks NGIT!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #138
CJ7
Valued Poster

we could open ANWAR, drill offshore, onshore, run 50 new pipelines from Canada to the US AND STILL not have the capacity to refine enough oil to keep up with our 10 million keg a day consumption. The more we produce, the more OPEC lowers production and raises prices offsetting any losses. End result, we pay at the pump until we become 100% independent from the Mid East Oil Cartel .. and that wont ever happen, regardless who or what (Dem/Con) the President is.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #139
CJ7
Valued Poster

The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs. The authors of the September report also said that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S

the problem being, morons see it as a Left/Right war on employment and the economy. Its far greater than that. But please Moron Inc., continue to call others assholes and liars, stupidity suits you well.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #140
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs. The authors of the September report also said that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S

the problem being, morons see it as a Left/Right war on employment and the economy. Its far greater than that. But please Moron Inc., continue to call others assholes and liars, stupidity suits you well.
How is it that you can be so dismissive of any job opportunities - especially in this economy? The fact is, almost every serious job in the pipeline industry is 'temporary' for the men and women who fit and weld pipe. It's their ability to string together a series of these 'temporary' jobs over the course of many years that makes it possible for them to be successful and survive. Left or right, you are a part of Moron Inc., if you cannot grasp that simple fact.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #141
CJ7
Valued Poster

How is it that you can be so dismissive of any job opportunities - especially in this economy?

I dismiss nothing. How is it you dismiss that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S

comprehension problem?

The simple fact remains the only people that benefit from a pipeline would be the Big Oil Companies. The oil we cant refine goes into reserve, that reserve isnt touched until a national emergency happens and a president releases it. At that point it may be worth $1000 a keg and gas at the pump cost $20 a gallon.

A country with 8%+ unemployment, 1500 new jobs, most of which do not employ Americans, and a pipeline thats giving us more crude than we can refine !!

Brilliant !!!!!
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #142
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
How is it that you can be so dismissive of any job opportunities - especially in this economy?

I dismiss nothing. How is it you dismiss that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S

comprehension problem?

The simple fact remains the only people that benefit from a pipeline would be the Big Oil Companies. The oil we cant refine goes into reserve, that reserve isnt touched until a national emergency happens and a president releases it. At that point it may be worth $1000 a keg and gas at the pump cost $20 a gallon.

A country with 8%+ unemployment, 1500 new jobs, most of which do not employ Americans, and a pipeline thats giving us more crude than we can refine !!

Brilliant !!!!!
You are the one with a comprehension problem: jobs are jobs!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #143
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If they are building it in America, and refining it in America, wouldn't the jobs be American? Ijs.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #144
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If they are building it in America, and refining it in America, wouldn't the jobs be American? Ijs.
where does the pipeline start?

will workers be fired when the pipeline reaches the border and new workers be hired to finish the pipeline?

will the refineries expand their facilities and hire new workers ? if so, how many? or simply work existing employees 24/7 365?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #145
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
where does the pipeline start?

will workers be fired when the pipeline reaches the border and new workers be hired to finish the pipeline?
You are assuming none of those workers will be U.S. citizens, and that is an unfounded assumption. American engineers, welders, etc., are and have for decades been employed by oil companies throughout the world.

Quote:
will the refineries expand their facilities and hire new workers ?
Yes.

Quote:
if so, how many?
For argument's sake, let's say one. That's still one more job than there is today.

Quote:
or simply work existing employees 24/7 365?
That would mean more overtime; thus, increasing the earnings for the workers involved. The workers will benefit socioeconomically, and they'll pay more in taxes.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #146
CJ7
Valued Poster

This PDF report is LONG and requires more than a few minutes to read. Getting past the title, it does explain expected production and breaks US refineries role in production.

http://stopbigoilripoffs.com/documen..._download/file.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #147
CJ7
Valued Poster

You are assuming none of those workers will be U.S. citizens, and that is an unfounded assumption. American engineers, welders, etc., are and have for decades been employed by oil companies throughout the world

as in Chicago's Local 597 Pipefitter/Welders Union?

tisk tisk

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #148
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
as in Chicago's Local 597 Pipefitter/Welders Union?

tisk tisk

Your point?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #149
CJ7
Valued Poster

maybe you should thank Obama for DELAYING (not killing) the pipeline. Heres some history of TransCanada's record regarding "JOBS"

http://usw.org/media_center/releases_advisories?id=0486

Have a good evening.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #150
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
maybe you should thank Obama for DELAYING (not killing) the pipeline. Heres some history of TransCanada's record regarding "JOBS"

http://usw.org/media_center/releases_advisories?id=0486

Have a good evening.
You've answered nothing. What beef do you have with Local 597 Pipefitter/Welders Union? The article you've cited doesn't address that question. Your article only makes an ad hominem attack against a bridge project in Oakland hoping the reader will assign those ills to the pipeline project. For example:

“We’ve seen too many instances where key elements of our nation’s infrastructure were outsourced to foreign producers – such as the $7 billion San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge project that is being built using questionable steel from a state-owned Chinese company.

“That project [the $7 billion San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge project] is a slap in the face to American manufacturing workers at a time when unemployment is still high and U.S. factories are still closing. We have to make sure that if there is going to be a TransCanada pipeline, manufacturing workers will benefit by using as much North American material as possible in its construction.”

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women