Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35941
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #136
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I've never seen any form of gun in a minuet. Harpsichords are quite prevalent, however, and could be used as a weapon of one is strong enough.

Nice to know you have never made a typo.Sit on it..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #137
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
British soldiers trained to standard could fire fifteen rounds in 3.75 minutes* -- that is equivalent to four rounds per minute!

The ball with pre-measured powder charge was prepared before hand and wrapped and/or tied in paper/cloth/or thin pieces of leather. The ball was ripped from the paper, the powder charge was poured down the barrel, the paper/cloth or thin piece of leather was dropped into the bore and the ball was dropped on top and rammed home with a ramrod (preferrably made of steel). Each soldier in the king's service was required to carry thirty-six such prepared cartridges. Certain unique and capable individuals, e.g., frontiersmen such as Daniel Boone and Simon Kenton, could actually reload a flintlock while at a full run.

*Galvin, John R. Gen. The Minute Man. The First Fight: Myths and Realities of the American Revolution (pp. 62-63).

I did find one source who said if conditions were right they could fire four rounds a min.The problem was black power was so bad it left residue that clogged the touch hole.To counter it the ball was undersized and over 60 yards they couldn't hit a man sized target.They were very unreliable and if it was wet they would make good clubs.Earlier guns had wooden ramrods then were tipped with brass,The last ones has steel.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #138
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Nice to know you have never made a typo.Sit on it..
What have you got against minuets? I'll admit, sometimes a nice rhapsody is nice, but minuets are often very nice as well.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #139
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

First of all you need to understand when the 2nd Amendment was written. At the time of it's inception into the United States Constitution the 2nd amendment applied to all citizens, because all citizens could be called upon to serve in the Millitary at anytime and citizens were expected to supply their own Firearms, forming a well organized Millitia. Of course times have changed but the right for a private citizen to posses and bear arms still stands even though they may not be a member of a well organized millitia. In the case of this school shooting the shooter violated the amendment by commiting murder. The intentional taking the life of another without justification.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #140
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

while I'm not sure I agree -- or can even follow -- much of what you said, I will opine that a LOT of people around here are too concerned with what the founders might have meant without putting any of it into modern perspective. Kinda like Bible thumpers.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #141
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Something tells me that the Founding Fathers had no earthly idea of the potential killing capacity of an AK-47 or M16. Those weapons certainly have their place in combat. I suspect that if the Founding Fathers would have thought differently knowing that one day have a firearm could spit out that many rounds in a matter of seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I am a lifelong hunter but I don't drink the NRA's Kool Aid! As far as I am concerned, it is all about good ol' common sense!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #142
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What have you got against minuets? I'll admit, sometimes a nice rhapsody is nice, but minuets are often very nice as well.
You know less about music than you do about America, dick soup.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #143
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
while I'm not sure I agree -- or can even follow -- much of what you said, I will opine that a LOT of people around here are too concerned with what the founders might have meant without putting any of it into modern perspective. Kinda like Bible thumpers.
If you're referring to my post. The reason why you may not agree or even understand it is because you maybe viewing the 2nd Amendment as it applies to modern society. Of course the Founding Fathers may not have been able to fathom the advancement of Firearms or the sick corrupt citizens that may obtain a high powered Rifle and commit mass murder as we've seen over the years. But even unfortunate incidences like SandyHook and Columbine aren't good arguements for total Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment is a clear and concise statement and is part of our constitution and heritage. Now to regulate the sales and ownership of certain types of firearms such as fully automatic rifles such as Assault Rifles like AK-47, M-16 and MP-5 which only have their place in the hands of Millitary and Law Enforcement personel. Since the 2nd Amendment doesn't specify that a citizen has the right to own or obtain Any type of firearm controlling fully automatic or even Semi Automatic Firearms with high Capacity Magazines is within the legal scope of the Government without compromising the 2nd Amendment.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #144
roadcourse
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Henry Ford summed it up pretty well: "Anyone that thinks government has their best interests in mind should speak with an American Indian."
roadcourse is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #145
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
You know less about music than you do about America, dick soup.
That is SO Funny! If you only knew! LOL!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #146
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Since the 2nd Amendment doesn't specify that a citizen has the right to own or obtain Any type of firearm ...
Given the function of the amendments .. "to limit the power of the government" ... the interpretation of the amendment cannot be interpreted as a limitation on the citizen so it does not "specify" what the citizen may have in the way of a firearm and it ought not to have such a limitation. The limiation is on the government and that limitation is to prevent the government from restricting possession of firearms on citizens.

The SCOTUS has historically interpreted the amendments to take into consideration contemporary and current circumstances that might affect the literal application of the particular amendment being reviewed. An example is the protection of the 4th amendment that requires a "warrant" to search: The Court has crafted various exceptions to the warrant requirement in order to address "modern" (current) circumstances, e.g. "exigent" circumstances and "police protection" and the "reasonable suspicion" standard discussed in "Terry vs. Ohio" aka sometimes misnamed as the "Terry Stop"!

The problem with one and two is that those are fundamental amendments for which there is little, if any, judicial relief, to correct the application of exceptions if the mandates are ignored. The taking of private property that may be considered essential to one's freedom from an oppressive government and the muzzling of dissenting voices and censure of grievances against the government would include the judicial branch of the government, which is a part of the government being challenged.

Equally important it is not appropriate constitutional interpretation to "assume" that because something did not exist when the document was written it does not apply. Our national constitution was intended to last for centuries, and although the original authors could not anticipate an "M16" two centuries later I think it would do them a disservice to "assume" that they were totally ignorant of the reality that "things" would change in the way of technology, particularly considering that some of them were "thinkers" and "inventors" well ahead of their years. Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin come to mind.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #147
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you're referring to my post. The reason why you may not agree or even understand it is because you maybe viewing the 2nd Amendment as it applies to modern society. Of course the Founding Fathers may not have been able to fathom the advancement of Firearms or the sick corrupt citizens that may obtain a high powered Rifle and commit mass murder as we've seen over the years. But even unfortunate incidences like SandyHook and Columbine aren't good arguements for total Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment is a clear and concise statement and is part of our constitution and heritage. Now to regulate the sales and ownership of certain types of firearms such as fully automatic rifles such as Assault Rifles like AK-47, M-16 and MP-5, which only have their place in the hands of Millitary and Law Enforcement personel, is common sense. The 2nd Amendment doesn't specify that a citizen has the right to own or obtain Any type of firearm controlling fully automatic or even Semi Automatic Firearms with high Capacity Magazines so it is within the legal scope of the Government to control such weapons without compromising the 2nd Amendment.
I think this is what you meant to say, but your grammar was a challenge.

Doers any sensible, common sense person disagree with this?

Apart from super moderators like 2Dogs, whose brain has clearly been addled by the hobbiests he needs to control.

quote:

I would think what is allowable to posses would be entirely dependent upon what the government would use against its own citizens; nothing more, nothing less.

Ridiculous statement.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #148
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
I did find one source who said if conditions were right they could fire four rounds a min.The problem was black power was so bad it left residue that clogged the touch hole.To counter it the ball was undersized and over 60 yards they couldn't hit a man sized target.They were very unreliable and if it was wet they would make good clubs.Earlier guns had wooden ramrods then were tipped with brass,The last ones has steel.
A contemporary marksman and expert, British Major George Hangar, agrees:

“A soldier’s musket, if not exceedingly ill-bored (as many of them are), will strike the figure of a man at 80 yards; it may even at 100 yards, but a soldier must be very unfortunate who shall be wounded by a common musket at 150 yards, provided his antagonist aims at him; as to firing at a man at 200 yards with a common musket, you may just as well fire at the moon and have the same hopes of hitting your object. I do maintain and will prove, whenever called on, that no man was ever killed at 200 yards, by a common soldier’s musket, by the person who aimed at him.” Galvin, John R. Gen. The Minute Man. The First Fight: Myths and Realities of the American Revolution (p. 64)

That is why, at that time, the British army -- and other European armies -- relied so heavily on the bayonet, and Native Americans remained very dependent on tomahawks, knives and war clubs. See about the Fort William Henry Massacre.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_o...Henry#Massacre

However, black powder weapons did improve. Recall General John Sedgwick's famous last words in 1864, "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance," just before he was killed by a Confederate sniper at 1,000 yards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sedgwick

. . . or the likes of Confederate sniper Cpt. Jack Hinson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hinson

Hinson "had a local craftsman build him a special gun. 'The rifle was a marvel of beauty, a masterwork of the gunsmith’s art.' The .50 caliber weapon with a 41-inch barrel weighed a whopping 18 pounds but gave an expert sharpshooter like Hinson the ability to hit a target more than a half-mile away."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2GOAqoAUu

See also Billy Dixon's 1,538 yards, or nine-tenths of a mile, shot at the Second Battle of Adobe Walls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Dixon &
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...of_Adobe_Walls

Quote:
In the case of this school shooting the shooter violated the amendment by commiting murder. The intentional taking the life of another without justification.
Not to mention Lanza acquired the guns via extra-legal means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

Can't read, can you?I'm NOT denying it.

But I'm also pointing out that you recognized yourself when I wrote about a "certain someone" on this board who changes the subject when an argument goes badly..

Kind of like you are doing now when you try to pretend I'm denying something about quoting Timpage.
@: http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
And you're also an arrogant pretentious fucking prick who I would like to punch in the fucking face given the opportunity.
And nothing your pretentious ass has posted has changed the position stated @: http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...6&postcount=76
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #149
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

You are seriously fucked up. You take issue with people quoting other people quoting other people.

Please just go away.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #150
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
You are seriously fucked up. You take issue with people quoting other people quoting other people.

Please just go away.
Quote:

Assup mixes it up with his "playmate".

You're the "seriously" fucked-up asshole playing with plastic playmates, Assup the jackass. BTW, what say you follow your own fuckin' advice, Assup the jackass!!! Be gone you stupid, moronic mutha fucka!!!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women