Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #136
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Yeah, and JDIdiot and JLHomo are happier than pigs in shit to be discussing it!
I see you have no problem "SLURRING" folks. Does it come natural for you?

Or do you actually have to work at it?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #137
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
doesn't help, just more racial politics
Call it what you will.

If you can find any reliable source that states that the word "colored" as applied to people is NOT considered a racist word in today's U.S. I'll be happy to accept it. I doubt you would refer to a black/AA person as "colored" in a racially mixed crowd. Even if you were describing a black/AA person to another white person, I doubt you would use the word "colored" in describing him/her.

"Colored" is now considered racist by most people in this country.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #138
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post
Thanks.

I'm gonna read it while I grocery shop this morning.
You're welcome! I am anxious to read your comments. Either for, against or somewhere in between.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #139
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
;.......,to another white person.......

Why are you assuming my skin color?

Or did you mean to say " just" another "white" person?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #140
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
But "people of color" is not?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #141
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Call it what you will.

If you can find any reliable source that states that the word "colored" as applied to people is NOT considered a racist word in today's U.S. I'll be happy to accept it. I doubt you would refer to a black/AA person as "colored" in a racially mixed crowd. Even if you were describing a black/AA person to another white person, I doubt you would use the word "colored" in describing him/her.

But not by people in other countries who have a more diverse racial make up. Using the word "colored" in England can mean someone whose ancestors (or them) came from Africa or the lower Asian continent. Benedict Cumberbatch used the word recently and the American press is hounding him for it.

Also, NAACP. Care to explain?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #142
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
Why are you assuming my skin color?

Or did you mean to say " just" another "white" person?

I did make that assumption. If incorrect, I apologize if you found it insulting in any way.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #143
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
But not by people in other countries who have a more diverse racial make up. Using the word "colored" in England can mean someone whose ancestors (or them) came from Africa or the lower Asian continent. Benedict Cumberbatch used the word recently and the American press is hounding him for it.

Also, NAACP. Care to explain?
If you read the cited article, it discusses your points.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #144
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
But "people of color" is not?
If you read the cited article the answer is "no".

"People of color, on the other hand, is a phrase encompassing all nonwhites. ... When used by whites, people of color usually carries a friendly and respectful connotation, but should not be used as a synonym for black; it refers to all racial groups that are not white."
Old 02-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #145
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Inquisitive not argumentative:

. what is your "take" on the .....

......... "construct, rationale, and basis of affirmative action" ?

lol ok. I can give you the professorial or pastoral answer or maybe just a combination of both. ;-). Seriously its' pretty simple and can be summed up in a sentence.

It's really nothing but an effort to level the playing field since people for whatever reason decided a long time ago that being fair and civil to others was simply not needed. If I'm willing to work for it is there a valid reason (besides pure racial discrimination) that I shouldn't be afforded the same opportunities as those in the majority?

Even if you exclude slavery, blacks have had to endure over 100yrs of legalized discrimination. (Jim Crow case in point) Sure the past 20-30 yrs have been better for blacks overall but never lose focus of the comparison which is the past. So the case for it can easily be made.

However, I'm personally torn over it because I don't think unqualified people should be "put in positions" but I do think some who are "on the cusp" - so to speak should be "given opportunity" given 1.) the historical and systemic institutionalized discriminatory practices that gave many in the majority their own leg up and 2.) current and silent discriminatory practices that exclude minorities who are (and were) more qualified than some whites.

Many people are now saying eliminate Affirmative Action by simply not discriminating on the basis of race. LOL. Basically all they're saying in a nutshell is eliminate affirmative action programs and just "pretend you are color blind". Lol sorry but I wish it was that simple. I think like many people we should actually be race conscience in making some of these decisions given the not so distant deplorable history.

Theres' no silver bullet or magical cure for this but will take a series of steps on both sides to ensure fair and equal treatment for those who are qualified. I do not trust the "hearts of men" to do the right thing. I do think though that over time as more and more of the older white generation that perpetuated the racial divide die off and more progressives are born, the country will make real progress for the good.

PS: one of the reasons I don't think Republicans will ever gain the White House back in a general election can be found in this very thread. The Jewish Lawyer made some very racist remarks and innuendos while most of you basically remained silent and ignored his racist rants. This is a broader issue with the Republican party and is the reason why minorities will continue to reject your "big tent" offer. You cannot remain silent in the face of such ignorance and expect blacks to vote for your party. If you stood up to those racists in your party such as JL and many others you'd surprisingly find a great deal of support from minority communities toward your more balanced platform. If not we just consider you complicit and condoning sort of how most Muslims don't speak out against the Terrorists hijacking their religion.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #146
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
As predicted, JLIdiot is planning a big, envelope-pushing day for us.

Expect objectionable posts that may violate ECCIE standards of behavior, along with some of the nastiest racial and anti-American comments to spring forth from this idiot's festering gob until he invents a way out of keeping his word.

Book it Danno!

Meh it's nothing but the result of being unhappy with his life. It's good he has this outlet instead of going out and hurting people because he's a loser idiot.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #147
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Call it what you will.

Really, speedy? Then why do so many AA shows, such as: "Bamboozled, Undercover Brother, Let's Do It Again, House Party and several television series: The Wire, Where My Dogs At?, Everybody Hates Chris, The PJs, and Cedric the Entertainer Presents and the reality series The Real Housewives of Atlanta" use the term: "CP Time"?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #148
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Really, speedy? Then why do so many AA shows, such as: "Bamboozled, Undercover Brother, Let's Do It Again, House Party and several television series: The Wire, Where My Dogs At?, Everybody Hates Chris, The PJs, and Cedric the Entertainer Presents and the reality series The Real Housewives of Atlanta" use the term: "CP Time"?
Because those shows are comedy satires for the most part. Remember the comedy "In Living Color"? Probably one of the first TV shows to dwell on such subjects. It made fun of all the racial stereotypes of the time. Ever hear one black person call another black person a 'n----r"? I have many times. It's simply accepted and not considered racist. If you or I said it, it would be racist. That's how life works.

BTW, I don't watch that crap. Have seen "The Wire" a few times and found it to be interesting.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #149
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Because those shows are comedy satires for the most part. Remember the comedy "In Living Color"? Probably one of the first TV shows to dwell on such subjects. It made fun of all the racial stereotypes of the time. Ever hear one black person call another black person a 'n----r"? I have many times. It's simply accepted and not considered racist. If you or I said it, it would be racist. That's how life works.

BTW, I don't watch that crap. Have seen "The Wire" a few times and found it to be interesting.
It's more of a personal observation than one drawn from TV shows (note the source for the titles), since I've been present when an AA manager has told his staff to be present at so-and-so time, and no "CP Time" would be tolerated. Further, "The Wire" is an outstanding show, I picked it up during its second season and watched it to its finale.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #150
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It's more of a personal observation than one drawn from TV shows (note the source for the titles), since I've been present when an AA manager has told his staff to be present at so-and-so time, and no "CP Time" would be tolerated. Further, "The Wire" is an outstanding show, I picked it up during its second season and watched it to its finale.
If you will see my previous post, I did make mention of "The Wire" and agree that it was a fine show. The others may or may not be. Some that I AM familiar with ("House Party", "Undercover Brother", "The Real Housewives of Atlanta (or anywhere else)") I consider crap.

And you even mention it was an AA manager who made the statement. Pure satire. Probably should not have done so but a black person making fun of such things is tolerated. I can make derogatory statements about old people because I am old. If I was in my 20s and making the same derogatory statements about old people the statements would be considered prejudiced.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women