Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 374
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70645
biomed162156
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453188
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48276
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37162
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
golfered
Registered Member

Default Any advice on hobby phones...

Hi guys, a newbie here looking for advice on hobby phones.

I went to Best Buy today and saw good potential phones from Net10, Verizon, and Boost.

Can anyone suggest a better carrier?
Also, do you guys get the kind where you just add minutes from the cards when you need them?
Anything pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks for any assistance!
golfered is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=phone

edit: sorry...noticed you don't have PA...so you can't read this. search on phone (title only) and there many good threads on the subject.
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
JustMe68
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 41595

I absolutely love Boost. I'm an LMT, not a hobbyist, but use a separate phone for my business. With Boost, you get the support and functionality of the Sprint network with a $50/month price tag for unlimited everything. Better yet, your bill decreases by $5 every time you make six months worth of consecutive on time payments down to a low of $35/month.

It's totally anonymous and no contracts. They don't make you give any name/address information. The address on your account defaults to their PO Box in California somewhere. You can also manage your account on their website and input whatever information you want.

They have a decent, but not stellar, selection of phones. I use the Samsung Incognito which is a 3G CDMA phone and suits my needs, but they recently came out with the Motorola iI which is an iPhone-ish iDEN Android phone. It's pricey (I think they sell them in-store for $330 and I have not seen them cheaper online), but considering the low cost of the service and lack of contract, it's probably worth it if that's the kind of device you like. If you just need a low-tech basic phone, you can get one for $30

Anyway, best of luck in your shopping and selection process, not to mention your hobbying. :-)

~JM68
JustMe68 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Garland_Bone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Get one with a camera!
Garland_Bone is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
hd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I just posted for advice in men's lounge on that subject.

I bought a tracfone from walmart for 10$, registered giving a bogus zip code and phone contact (register from a pay phone, don't use your home or personal cell phone). you can buy as little as 60min/20$. you just have to buy more minutes every 3 months to keep it active. no camera, but has text and vmail.
hd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women