Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162523
Yssup Rider60355
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48432
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41493
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35861
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
TexAss
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10
Default I could really use some help with Googe Voice

I have an iphone 4 and just signed up for Google Voice. Let me start by stating this MAY not be the best hobby tool for me to use but if I could get the service to do what I want it to do it could be.

I can't figure out if there is a way to receive texts and calls without it ALSO going to my real life number. Example: I get a text from a provider on my Google number and it also sends it to my real number, that will not work. I want to make calls and send/receive texts on the Google number and not have it forward to my real number.

If I turn off the forwarding in the control panel, will I still get calls and text to the Google number on my phone?

Confused, sorry. Been fighting this for two days.
TexAss is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
TexAss
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

I just reread that, not sure it makes sense! LOL
TexAss is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Guest030617
Account Disabled

User ID: 4707
My ECCIE Reviews

Your post makes sense i just dont know how it works, sexy!!

Is there a number you can call and get the scoop on from someone live?
just a thought
Guest030617 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Gonzo DFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

There's a tutorial on Google.com. Was also mentioned in another thread. Would be a great thing if it works. And I usually don't engage in this kind of thing, but it's nice to be under the CEO of the Mile High Club. Not even any altitude sickness.
Gonzo DFW is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Have you downloaded the google voice iPhone app?
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
MacTheKnife
Lifetime Premium Access

Have all phone calls and texts to your Google voice number forwarded to your iphone4.

Send your Google voice number to the parties that will be texting you and tell them to text you using that number only.

The text from your parties will be sent to Google voice and then forwarded to your iphone4. When you receive the text, it will have a unique phone number associated to the party that sent you the text.

Store this number for the party that texted you. You will have to do this for each party you want to text. Each party will have a unique number for you to send texts to.

When you text this party from your iphone4, use this stored number to sent your text to this party.

When the party receives your text, your Google number will show up as the party that sent the text, not your iphone number.

I love Google voice.
MacTheKnife is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Jaleh
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 32816
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo DFW View Post
There's a tutorial on Google.com. Was also mentioned in another thread. Would be a great thing if it works. And I usually don't engage in this kind of thing, but it's nice to be under the CEO of the Mile High Club. Not even any altitude sickness.

Yes that caught my attention! Babydoll do tell .... I've been looking to join myself.
Jaleh is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Download the Google Voice app to your iphone4.

Log into your Google Voice acct from your computer and go into the Settings; the link is located in the upper right corner next to Sign Out.

1.) Phones. Forward the Google Voice phone number to your iphone.

2.) Voicemail & Text.

a.) Voicemail Notification. You can receive texts via email &/or text (SMS) to your phone.

b.) Text Forwarding. It can be connected to your Gmail acct.

3.) Calls.

a.) Caller ID (incoming). Choose to display the caller's or your Google Voice phone number. You can store & label contacts, so you'll know who it is when they call.

b.) Caller ID (outgoing). When you text someone, you can choose not to change anything or display your Google Voice phone number.

c.) Do Not Disturb. You can enable this feature and set it to end when you want it to.

It's just a general outline but it covers most of your concerns. The acct settings are pretty much self-explanatory and easy to follow.

Good luck & enjoy!
Shea Veile is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women