Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60206
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41248
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
kcguy
Valued Poster

Default State AGs Against Craigslist Adult Advertisements

Kansas and Missouri AGs are in the thick of it, of course.
---------------------------------------------------------

17 AGs: Craigslist Should Drop Adult Services

Attorney Generals: Website Can't Adequately Block Illegal Ads

Alexandra Sifferlin, ThreeSixty Journalism Writer
POSTED: 2:39 pm CDT August 24, 2010
UPDATED: 6:54 pm CDT August 24, 2010

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Craigslist should remove its adult services section because the website cannot adequately block potentially illegal ads promoting prostitution and child trafficking, attorneys general in 17 states demanded Tuesday in a joint letter. "Only Craigslist has the power to stop these ads before they are even published," said Kansas attorney general Steve Six in a statement Tuesday. "Sadly, they are completely unwilling to do so." The joint letter acknowledged Craigslist faces the prospect of losing revenue if it were to remove the adult services section. "No amount of money, however, can justify the scourge of illegal prostitution and the suffering of the women and children who will continue to be victimized, in the market and trafficking provided by Craigslist," the letter said. Craigslist supports states' efforts to stop illegal exploitation, spokeswoman Susan MacTavish Best said in a statement that did not indicate whether the website plans to get rid of its adult services section. "We hope to work closely with them, as we are with experts at nonprofits and in law enforcement, to prevent misuse of our site in facilitation of trafficking," she said. Some encounters set up through Craigslist have ended in violence and even death, authorities have said. Last week, authorities said a former medical student accused of killing a masseuse he met through Craigslist committed suicide in the Boston jail where he was awaiting trial. Philip Markoff, 24, was found unresponsive in his cell Aug. 15. A former Boston University student, Markoff had pleaded not guilty in the fatal shooting of Julissa Brisman of New York City and in the armed robbery of a Las Vegas woman. Both crimes happened at Boston hotels within four days in April 2009. Rhode Island prosecutors also accused him of attacking a stripper that week. Markoff had met the women through advertisements for erotic services posted on Craigslist. The website has put safeguards in place as it has evolved over the years. In November 2008, after pressure from 40 state attorneys general, Craigslist required posters to provide a working phone number and pay a fee for placing an ad in the erotic services section. In May 2009, the website renamed erotic services to adult services and said it would adopt a manual screening process, where postings would be reviewed before publishing. But state officials believe Craigslist is still not doing enough to stop illegal ads from appearing. Connecticut attorney general Richard Blumenthal subpoenaed Craigslist in May, asking the website to provide proof it was holding up its promise to help stop ads for prostitution. Craigslist should provide its evidence in a few weeks, said a spokeswoman for the Connecticut attorney general's office. Massachusetts attorney general Martha Coakley released a separate letter Tuesday that was sent to Craigslist officials and also called for the removal of adult services. "You should continue to build on your success in connecting users to each other and providing a forum for the exchange of legal goods and services," she said Tuesday. The 17 states whose attorneys general signed the letter are: Arkansas, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
kcguy is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

First CL then probably on to BP. Before you know it, all the sites will be banned from advertising any adult services.
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

free sites that don't pay taxes always get the stiff ones
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Thequeen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32517
My ECCIE Reviews

Even if they remove the section there is always someone who will post an ad in a different section.. Thats why they made the adult one so that there were not ads in the sporting section and or other ones....
Thequeen is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Guest070712
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Always blows my mind (Prostitution and Child Trafficing) They always seem to lump these two together and yet I have never seen the second one on CL or BP. They should legalize the first one, and go back to Inquisition style torture for the second!!
Guest070712 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
jan-w
Premium Access

Encounters: 72

Typical politician BS. Of course, they always link prostitution with child trafficking even though they are nowhere near the same thing. It creates an uproar with the public in thinking that we need the politicians to protect children.

This is really a 3-headed monster. 1st, the politicians start the ball rolling. Then the feminazis jump in with their absurd contentions that prostitution demeans and objectifies women. (Any of you ladies here feel demeaned and objectified?) Lastly, the bible thumpers chime in with fire and brimstone for all who partake in this evil practice.

Ironically, how many of these big shots are actually dallying with the working girls behind the scenes? Remember how Spitzer in New York made his claim to fame by busting call girl rings and was elected governor? Then this bastard gets caught redhanded himself buying their favors. Shitheads should all be voted out of office.
jan-w is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Miss_Mya
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 23781
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwalshs View Post
Typical politician BS. Of course, they always link prostitution with child trafficking even though they are nowhere near the same thing. It creates an uproar with the public in thinking that we need the politicians to protect children.

I just recently learned about this type of rhetoric in one of my college courses. I agree with you 100% on this and it is also why they like to link drugs and other crimes to prostitution as well. They know that the average person doesn't really care about prostitution but as soon as they create a link between that and another crime then the politicians have hit the jackpot. They use the other crime to be able to spend tens of thousands of dollars of the tax payers money to "clean up the streets". To concentrate so hard on prostitution is ridiculous when there are so many other crimes out there causing a lot more harm. Just my 2 cents.
Miss_Mya is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
sipapi
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRPat View Post
Always blows my mind (Prostitution and Child Trafficing) They always seem to lump these two together and yet I have never seen the second one on CL or BP. They should legalize the first one, and go back to Inquisition style torture for the second!!

Agreed
sipapi is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:03 AM   #9
Miss_Mya
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 23781
My ECCIE Reviews

So if this happens and they move onto BP what is LE going to use easily to set up people when they want to run a sting? It seems that the states would loose money if this happened because they would loose the main source of there operations.
Miss_Mya is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women