Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162519
Yssup Rider60331
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41466
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35839
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
nahte_twenty_10
Gaining Momentum

Smile Google Voice?

How many of you have snagged a Google Voice phone number? They used to be only available by "invite" however they went "public". I like it because it's a number that can receive and forward calls to a land line, cell, or hobby drop phone. It's a permanent number, for example, If you lose a connected land line the Google Voice number remains as is.
nahte_twenty_10 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
MsPrittiKitti
Account Disabled

User ID: 13184
My ECCIE Reviews

when you forward your "GV" calls to your cell, how does it show up?
trying to figure out how i would know the difference btw my "GV" calls & the calls intended for the cell.
thanks for posting!
MsPrittiKitti is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Tex_Dude
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPrittiKitti View Post
when you forward your "GV" calls to your cell, how does it show up?
trying to figure out how i would know the difference btw my "GV" calls & the calls intended for the cell.
thanks for posting!
You can have it either show up as the GV number or the actual caller ID of the person calling you.
Tex_Dude is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
MsPrittiKitti
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
bundy64
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

"You can have it either show up as the GV number or the actual caller ID of the person calling you."

So if I have GV forwarding to my personal cell phone, my cell phone statement will have either the GV number or the caller ID of the GV caller.. including the date/time of the phone calls. If so, this is something to think about, so if you have an SO, one would take all precautions to not get paper statements and/or limit online access to your cell phone account.
bundy64 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
MsPrittiKitti
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

whew! luckily i dont have one of those!!
i think ill sign up for a GV number, will make it easier to be contacted
Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

They should be rolling them out more frequently. I've got two GV # (signed up about 5 mo's ago) and I love the way it transcribes voice messages to a text msg or email. You have to register a phone (land or cell) that the number forwards to. When someone calls it, it goes straight to your phone or voice mail. When you call using it (say on iphone) it gives you a Google number to call that forwards the call so the GV number shows up on the other parties caller id. Really nifty. If you end up with a stalker, pull up the history and simply block the caller.

Keep in mind bundy, that your cell will show calls to an Austin number (Googles call center) that forwards the call - unless you call from a computer via microphone. I don't think it's traceable though as I'm sure the numbers are transitory and get reused frequently.

-oh and it's $10 to change numbers, but you can choose any area code when you set it up.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
bundy64
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Thanks Artman.. so outgoing calls from your personal cell will show up as a call to the google call center and not your GV assigned number? Would incoming calls show as the GV number (if that is how you set it up) or the providers call number?
bundy64 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy64 View Post
Thanks Artman.. so outgoing calls from your personal cell will show up as a call to the google call center and not your GV assigned number? Would incoming calls show as the GV number (if that is how you set it up) or the providers call number?
When you use your phone to dial a number (using google.com/voice or the dial app it calls first to a call center which forwards the call. The receiver see's the GV number though, not the call center. You phone bill will show the call to the call center, not the final recipient as it's a forwarded call. I'm not sure about the incoming, but I'm pretty sure it's the same (I've never checked).
Sa_artman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women