Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35920
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Yak_Man
Registered Member

Default Honest question for a legal eagle here - not hobby related

The other night something happened in my family that I never thought would or could. My sister was the victim of domestic violence. She's OK but it was pretty freaking traumatic. Anyway my question is this:

Is a hospital/doctor/emergency room required by law to report suspected or alleged DV to the police like they are for child abuse?

For obvious reasons I won't go into details, however I appreciate any informed responses to my question.

Thanks.
Yak_Man is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Texas Family Code Sec. 91.003. "INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. A medical professional who treats a person for injuries that the medical professional has reason to believe were caused by family violence shall:
(1) immediately provide the person with information regarding the nearest family violence shelter center;
(2) document in the person's medical file:
(A) the fact that the person has received the information provided under Subdivision (1); and
(B) the reasons for the medical professional's belief that the person's injuries were caused by family violence; and
(3) give the person a written notice in substantially the following form, completed with the required information, in both English and Spanish:
"It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm even if that person is a member or former member of your family or household.
"NOTICE TO ADULT VICTIMS OF FAMILY VIOLENCE"

___________________________End of quoted material _________

#1. LE often obtains reports from medical facilities regarding "potential" FV and assaults that may have been the result of FV.... or any other assaults for that matter. The medical facilities are obligated to provide the information.

#2. FV is rarely, and I mean rarely, an isolated incident. It is a continuum that spirals upward with increasing levels of violence and increased frequency. Zero tolerance is the ONLY way to go.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
Yak_Man
Registered Member

Thanks LexusLover.

And I agree with the zero tolerance thing. Fortunately so does my family member.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak_Man View Post
Fortunately so does my family member.
Very smart person. Thinking with the brain and not the heart.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

That's really fucked up. And I think they are required by law to call the police. Whether the makes the report or not determines what happens. Not a legal eagle, just know through experience with a friend of mine.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxury daphne View Post
And I think they are required by law to call the police.
What "law," please. With all due respect "experiences" are not "law."
Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
Hot to Trot Daphne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 269367
My ECCIE Reviews

A good friend of mine was beaten by her boyfriend... He punched her in the stomach and head, while she was pregnant. I took her to the hospital. You could see the handprints around her neck, his handprints on her face, and a serious shiner was rising. When she told the nurse in triage what happened, the nurse said she was going to call the police. My friend asked her not to... I was shocked. The nurse said, "By law I have to." That's where I got that from. Excuse me if I spoke too soon.
Hot to Trot Daphne is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
Yak_Man
Registered Member

Thank you both LL and Daphne. I'm grateful that my sis will be fine and is recovering from what LE called a "felony" assault. Now all she needs is a rabid pit bull for an attorney. heh heh Somehow I think we'll find one.....

Volunteers take a number! :=)

Thanks again y'all. This interweb thing is amazing at bringing people together.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women