Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60634
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48577
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42244
CryptKicker37198
The_Waco_Kid36624
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Five Reasons to Vote For Gary Johnson

You might not know it by watching the talking heads on the news, but there are actually more candidates on the presidential ballot this year than just Romney and Obama. This year the Libertarian Party will have Gary Johnson on the ballot.

Like the other parties, the Libertarians don’t always get excellent candidates on their ballots, but Gary Johnson is actually an excellent candidate for their platform. He’s a former (Republican) governor of New Mexico with an excellent track record for cutting unnecessary layers of government. Like the other candidates, there are pros and cons for supporting Johnson. Here are a few reasons you might want to support Johnson in 2012.

You like freedom and want more of it.

When it comes to individual liberty, there’s no question at all who the best candidate on the ballot is. Johnson is a perfect example of the Libertarian’s stance on individual liberty, and there’s little doubt that he’d advance individual liberty if he were president.

You believe we need a balanced federal budget.

When the people in Washing talk about cutting spending, they are usually talking about cutting the rate at which we increase spending. Few people from either of the two major parties care about actually cutting spending. Johnson has been very direct about eliminating the federal deficit.

You’re a Republican that doesn’t like Romney.

Maybe you don’t trust a Massachusetts moderate. Maybe you don’t like the way he’s changed his views over the years. Maybe you don’t like his religion. Whatever the reason, if you want a candidate that supports the fiscal policy that the GOP is supposed to embrace, Johnson could be the guy for you.

You’re a Democrat that doesn’t like Obama.

If you’re not that crazy about Obama and the job he is (or isn’t) doing, but you don’t like Romney because of social issues, Johnson is probably worth considering. You won’t agree with everything, but you’ll know exactly where he stands on all of it.

You think Johnson is the right guy for the job.

Like with Obama and Romney, if you think Johnson is the right guy for the job, you should vote for him. Never mind the “lesser of the evils” argument you’re sure to hear. Never mind that Johnson will likely not win. Never mind the people who say you’re supporting Obama (or Romney) by supporting Johnson. If you believe a candidate – any candidate – is the right person for the job, that’s the candidate that should get your vote, no matter what anyone else has to say about it.

And here is something many of you forget, the source.

http://www.upholdliberty.org/2012/08...-gary-johnson/

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

All good reasons for him to be Romney's VP; with a chance to move to top of the ticket in 2020..........it would be good for the LP to finally have a seat at the table.

He actually is an ideal VP candidate; a former 2 term governor, Republican, libertarian, well spoken, good on the issues, from a swing state; Johnson could also bring Colorado into the Romney camp....

http://reason.com/24-7/2012/08/08/jo...-obama-than-ro

Can he be an attack dog; capable to go after Obama and his thugs?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

snick
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Reason number six

If you vote for Johnson, Obama wins. You know, that by voting third party, you're splitting the conservative vote and guaranteeing a second term to a Marxist. Gary Johnson is Ross Perot redux.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Joe, I've given this lots of thought. I've already said that if Kansas becomes a battleground state, I may have to hold my nose and vote for Romney. But I'm not sure.

My main objective is to motivate the Liberty Movement to take more positive action. While at first I thought that a Romney presidency would slow the slide into tyranny long enough to get us organized and mobile, now I'm not so sure. It may just lull some of into a false sense of security after having defeated the most corrupt and Marxist president in history. We'll sit back, and watch Romney implement the police state, all with a nice smile on his face.

Let's face it. On the major issues, there is little or no difference between the two. Both want war in the Middle East. Both will pander to oil companies and banks. Both support the NDAA. Both support the Patriot Act. Both support extending the Bush tax cuts, and maintaining the income tax as a means of social engineering. Neither will push to audit the Fed. Both will expand government, and neither will begin to try to reduce the deficit. Where is the choice in this? Obamacare? Romney will repeal it, but the system is in such disarray, something will have to replace it. What? What has Romney done in the past? Oh, yeah. Romneycare. The excitement builds!

I know that Romney spoke to Hannity, Rush or someone like that in private and told them of some policies he will promote that will be unpopular, but necessary, and may make him a one term President. Really? Who in the hell do you think you are? Tell us what you plan to do, so we can make an informed decision. This is no better than Obama telling Medvedev to inform Putin that he will be more "flexible" after the election.

It is the height of arrogance to hide your plans of what you want to do so you can get elected. Obama is doing the same thing, so where is the difference?

So, since Romney appears to be a 4th term for GW Bush (Obama has been his third term), what is the real choice? Yes, Romney will not implement the police state quite as quickly as Obama will. Is that a good thing? Or are we like the frog in the pot of cool water, waiting for it to boil?

I think the best way to jump start the Tea Party/Liberty Movement may be to have them simply stare fascism straight in the face. The shock of an Obama second term may get more of us off our asses, and really start working to defend and restore the freedom we have already lost, and will certainly lose in an Obama second term.

Besides. I have to live with myself. Voting for Romney compromises all of my values, and the values I have tried to instill in my children. I just don't think I can do it. I don't see any "greater good" to come from a compromised vote.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
joe bloe
Valued Poster

There is a quote attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville, probably falsely, that "America is great, because America is good." I'm not sure if there are enough good people left in the country for America to survive, let alone be great.

America is failing because we have ceased to abide by the Constitution. The founders hoped that a sworn oath on the Bible would be sufficient to cause most politicians to protect and defend the Constitution. If we have no honor, then the oath of office means nothing, and the Constitution means nothing.

Romney may not be able to save the country from collapse, but I do believe he will try. I believe Obama is deliberately trying to accelerate the process.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I understand, Joe. I hope Romney wins, and I hope you're right.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women