Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default A Thought Before I Retire

No, LOL! Not retire from the board. (Sorry to disappoint!) Retire as in heading off to sleep in preparation of a successful day tomorrow.

From President Calvin Coolidge:

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business. Government shouldn't play a part in everyday life. Jefferson said that the people should be left to manage their own affairs. His opposition will bear careful analysis, and the country could stand a good deal more of its application. The trouble with us is we talk about Jefferson, but we do not follow him. In this theory that the people should manage their government, and not be managed by it, he was everlastingly right."

Seriously. A president who doesn't want to meddle in people's lives. What a concept!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

You really know how to disappoint with a lead like that....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

That would be nice, too bad we don't have anyone to vote for that embraces that concept.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Any recommendations on a great Coolidge biography ?

Anybody who talks about government the way Coolidge did, deserves more attention and understanding.....Coolidge is Cooool.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Calvin Coolidge became president in 1923, after president Warren G Harding died in office; Coolidge had been vice president. Like Romney, Coolidge had also been governor of Massachusetts and inherited a failing economy from Democrat president Woodrow Wilson. When the Harding-Coolidge administration took office in 1921, the unemployment rate was 20%. Harding cut taxes and slashed federal spending and the economy boomed. The average unemployment for the remainder of the twenties was 3.3%.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Any recommendations on a great Coolidge biography ?

Anybody who talks about government the way Coolidge did, deserves more attention and understanding.....Coolidge is Cooool.
Coolidge, An American Enigma by Robert Sobel

I also recommend:

Presidential Anecdotes by Paul F. Boller

Coolidge was a man of few words and a penny pincher -- well known for his New England thriftiness and he was horrified to learn that the White House required repairs totaling almost half a million dollars. He refused to allow the work be done until circumstances demanded it. When the ceiling above the family quarters began to buckle, Coolidge ordered the repairs be made. He and his family then moved out of the White House in 1927 for six months so that the extensive remodeling and repairs could take place. During this time, Coolidge met with the architect and contractor to inspect the attic. The architect showed the president the extreme damage that had occurred to the rafters when the White House was burned during the War of 1812. The architect insisted that the rafters be replaced and asked whether the new rafters should be wood or steel beams, which would cost more. Coolidge replied, “All right. Put in the steel beams and send the bill to the King of England.”
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women