Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Republicans Prove, Yet Again, They Are as Stupid as Democrats

Are you serious? Republicans don't want people thinking independently any more than Democrats do. This is just beyond the pale. They want indoctrination, not education.

This type of education policy is as big a threat, or bigger, than anything Obama has done.

You can't trust Democrats or Republicans. Not if you want to live in a free country.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/10144...public-schools

Good god, Texas. Get these people out of authority.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Calm down; they are going to stop teaching the HOTS program - an outcome based education approach to teaching. It is very controversial. That doesn't mean they want to stop teaching critical thinking skills....The HOTS program isn't the only approach to teaching.

I am alittle suprised that you automatically assume the platform change represents some knuckle dragging anti-education idea. Unless of course, you are a proponent of outcome based education. I am not an expert, but I know enough to not trust what educators are doing in our schools. We see the lack of results daily; we see the poor performances, and we know the indoctrination. Keep an open mind, Outcome Based Education has been around since the 1980s, with very poor results IMO.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Ok old fart i will give you well done on this one.Texas has long said what will be in text books nation wide.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Our public schools were never designed for critical thinking. I read an article written in the 1920s that said public school was not for creating leaders but creating workers who get to work on time, learn their job by the written word, work safely, and go home on time. Our private colleges were for creating leaders which is why you always find the children of the rich and powerful in private, not public, college.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Hmmm . . I wonder if there is a reason government schools are so poor . . .

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”*

―*H.L. Mencken,*Prejudices: Third Series
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
cinderbella
P411: ID # P86099

User ID: 109807
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I believe as parents, we are our child's best educator. There are good teachers in all public schools, just as there are bad ones. I raised an honor student singlehandedly as an impovershed single mother, my son turned 17 today. I read to him constantly as a baby, at 18 mos. he pointed out the letter "W" to me, was reading 3 letter words at age 3 and was writing them at age 4. He attended preschool at age 4, and I made a point to befriend his teachers and treated them all with respect throught the years. I didn't have a car and walked him to and from school to show how important his education was to me. I volunteered whenever I could and treated the other children as nicely as my own.

My son brought this topic to my attention recently and he is very disappointed with the Austin backers as well. He also mentioned to me how bummed he was that some of the smaller schools in Texas are doing away with debate yet keep a football team.

I have been reluctant to let my son have a driver's license, there is a lot at stake for a young driver and we don't even know what college he will attend yet. He does hold down a job, and takes it as seriously as his schooling. I have always let him make his own educational decisions, and he has always challenged himself and made great choices. I believe this is due in part to the attitude I instilled early on, that he was on this planet to learn and that school is full of exciting opportunities. btw, all you haters out there- he is a mixed race child and more beautiful because of it!
cinderbella is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

That kid will succeed! And it sounds like he has a great mom. And if it isn't rude, a MILF.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

I work in a professional office and I can say this much. A great debater can change the direction a business goes. And football gives office workers a little fun topic to discuss. I say you raised a thinking man who will bring ideas to the table.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women