Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #31
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You are seriously disturbed, WTF. Does your handler know what you are doing?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

yeah WTF does your handler know youre quoting facts and handing COF his ass?

with all due respect of course ............

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #33
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
What part of the highlighted quote don't you understand?

What part about retired military being means tested don't you understand. Now I do not know if JD pays only 460 dollars a year for healthcare but if he does....is that right? Should I pay for his and his family's healthcare for the rest of his life? 460 dollars a year? If a retired military person is in the private sector then they should get private sector healthcare as far as I am concerened, unless they were disabled while in the military.

Maybe JD can step in and explain exactly how this area of the system works. He had no problem chiming in earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I agree with COG about current military not being effected. But for people like JD, who are retired military, that constantly come on here talking about the need to cut government spending ....not being for means tested healthcare benifits is somewhat ironic. Ironic in the fact that they would rather put their needs above future men and women that may head to combat.

But COG's point was not to present a balanced debate on this subject matter. It was to go on the offensive towards the current President to score political points with those not versed in the actual subject.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle over Tricare pits the efforts of the Pentagon to contain the exploding cost of health care for nearly 10 million eligible beneficiaries against the pain and emotions of those who say they have already “paid up front” with service in uniform, particularly those who deployed to America’s two current wars. The 10 million figure includes active-duty personnel, retirees, members of the National Guard and Reserves and their families.
The arguments reflect the broader debate over the huge Pentagon budget that will intensify next year when Mr. Gates, who says he will step down in 2011, continues his campaign to cut off what he calls the “gusher” of defense spending. Total health care costs for the Pentagon, which is the nation’s single largest employer, top $50 billion a year, a tenth of its budget and about the same amount that it is spending this year on the war in Iraq. Ten years ago, health care cost the Pentagon $19 billion; five years from now it is projected to cost $65 billion.
But Tricare fees have not increased since 1995.
“Health care costs are eating the Defense Department alive,” Mr. Gates said in a much-noticed speech in May. Defense budget analysts say that rising health care costs will make less money available for new weapons, repairs to a worn-out arsenal and quality-of-life programs like schools on military bases.
“In the long run, it could actually limit our ability to field a military of sufficient size,” said Todd Harrison, a senior fellow for defense budget studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments in Washington.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Fuck you, WTF.
Tsk tsk.

Quote:
But you and Doofie can't argue with me on substance, so you have to distort and misrepresent what I say.
Substance? Substance? 3/4 of your posts involve little more than name calling.

Substance, he says.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Tsk tsk.

Substance? Substance? 3/4 of your posts involve little more than name calling.

Substance, he says.
In three days I've heard more name calling by COG than at the pickup window of Five Guys!

At least when you get your name called there, you're gonna get fed something better than bullshit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #36
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I know, AssupFacedown, I'm trying to reach the level of civility modeled so well by you, BigTurd and Doofie. Your rational, thoughtful posts and respectful responses are examples for us all. Thank you, just for being you.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #37
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Since you asked and insinuated stupid things I'll answer. I am considered by the VA to be 30% disabled due to service related injuries. I take about five different meds everyday and they cost me about 1/3 to 1/2 of what a civilian would pay for them. I also get a check of ALMOST $400 every month thanks to the taxpayer. I also pay about 20% of the cost of my meds as a copay. Of course thanks to my military service (which I don't regret in the least) I have a reduced quality of life that will last me the rest of my life. My vision, my hearing, and other chronic problems will stay with me. They told me that I would be using a cane to get around by my 40th birthday. So far it is only occassionally.

So that is the trade off. I had a great time in the military until I was forced to leave for medical reasons. I may not live as long as my other relatives (who commonly hit the high 90s and a few 100s) but I get free medical for what its worth. I had appendicitis about three years ago. I was sick as a dog but refused to wait for 5-8 hours at the VA emergency room. After three days I recovered. My speedy appointment took three weeks to happen. The MRI tech told me that I had a bad appendix but it didn't kill me or burst. Last year I was violently sick again. This time I called an ambulance since I was having trouble breathing. Using my employee healthcare plan I racked up a hospital bill of over $50,000 and got rid of that appendix. So your VA healthcare almost killed me but my healthcare bill was paid for with the plan that I pay for every week. So now you can fuck yourself silly. My meds come at reduced cost but my principal healthcare is paid for by me and my insurance company.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WTF, you must learn to read. Did I not say "active duty enlisted personnel"? But I understand, your strawman argument required you to distort my words, that's the only way they might make sense. It didn't work, as it usually doesn't work.

Far be it from me to call names, I would never do that. But if I did, I'd have to say you're an idiot. But I won't. It offends the more sensitive on here.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
I know, AssupFacedown, I'm trying to reach the level of civility modeled so well by you, BigTurd and Doofie. Your rational, thoughtful posts and respectful responses are examples for us all. Thank you, just for being you.
Point made. You obviously got your debating skills on a schoolyard while all the other kids were kicking the shit out of you.

I suppose it's easier to do call people names than to defend your assertions, sources or, fact.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You don't read, either, do you, AssupFacedown? Keep chillin' with Doofie and BigTurd. They are on your level.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women