Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #61
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Revisionism! If you would recall just a little over a year ago the Obama administration said that this was a "kill" mission before they started saying it was a "kill or capture" mission. The strategically smart thing to do would have been to capture and interrogate OBL so I know that is why BHO didn't give those orders. BHO is a political animal. If we had OBL in our hands then that would be a political problem. Yes, he would see it as a problem because then OBL has rights and needs a lawyer before anything can be asked. No waterboarding because they are against that. Then were to send OBL? Gitmo? Can't, BHO was against that. No, it was much better politically to kill OBL than to capture him. Since BHO knew about the whereabouts of OBL since May the year before then maybe they could put off the killing until closer to election time.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Sorry guys, there is no one nation which currently unilaterally supports any terrorist groups, whose objects include major acts against US....please educate yourselves.

There are countries, which do, to a variety of factors, have terrorist groups within their borders, ie Yemen and Pak. But these countries major population do not support their objectives.

Now in many of these countries, the population does not trust...and yes even hate US policies....but the masses do not support the killing of innocent people.

Just like stuff in the Bible...the vast majority of Muslims do not in anyway take the literal translation of the Koran as the way they practice their religion.

Are there some extremist within the Muslim religion...absolutely. But a stupid foreign policy ID any Mid East country as the "sponsor of terrorism", and thus should be declared war upon would be extremist on our part.....and this would include any terrorist group which include placing a nuclear device within US.

Didn't any of you guys learn anything from the Iraq war????

Thank goodness US foreign policy is not based on some of the simplistic views stated in this thread...or we would indeed be engage in the type of war, that no body wins.

Because there is no true military draft in this country...we have lots and lots of "let's support our troops and go kill the bad guys". I wonder how many would change their minds, if with a true draft...the troops would include your son, your daughter...or even you!!!

We have many wonderful young adults serving our nation's military....respect to them. But let's show true respect, by making sure when they come in conflict, it is truly a national security issue....that's how one shows "supporting our troops"
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #63
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Still thinking like the 20th century? We declare war on the terrorist entity and let it be known that any government personnel found to be working with the terrorists will be "prosecuted" as if they were a terrorist. We don't draw an arbitary line like in Vietnam and say this line we will not cross. Our law enforcement has more latitude. If they are investigating Al Capone and find that he is doing business with a Columbian cartel then they get included in the investigation. If they find a crooked Illinois politician running interference then they too become part of the investigation. Law enforcement can keep adding names to the investigation. You want this military to ask everyone if they are a bad guy or not. Someone shooting at our troops can throw up their hands and shout "I was just a driver" and we let them go home.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #64
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
But Muslims are a peacefull all inclusive religion, respectfull of all others. That's what oscuminable says anyway.....LOL. If that happens it wound be one of the greatest losses, and truly sinfull...
Taking down such things is wrong. Destroying another person's culture because you don't agree with it is fundamentally wrong.

Look up the history of the Carslile School.

Religeous fanatacism is bad regardless of the religeon--we only tend to see it and condemn it when it's someone else's religeon.

Marx had some things right.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #65
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

No JD, I don't want the military asking who is good vs bad guy....

What I want is to make sure that when we put military into harms way it makes sense, in terms of national security.

And more importantly that we do not confuse the actions of a minority (i.e. your example of finding a minority of foreign gov't employess working with terrorist) to be grounds for declaring war. as opposed to it being that nation's policy to be supporting anti-US terrorist plots

Afghan after 9/11 was a perfect way to handle things...although why we are still there, well that's a different subject

Iraq invasion of Kwautt, another perfect example where military answer was the way to handle things.

Recent Iraq war, perfect way, not to handle a military solution.

It's the 21st century....sorry the answers can't always be painted in black and white
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #66
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
"Plutarch (AD 46–120) wrote that during his visit to Alexandria in 48 BC Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea."

Damn Louise, can't you just say something without plagarizing. This is exactly what came out of Wikipedia. Hang your head in shame Louise.

I wonder how they managed to burn a library in the process of burning ships. Was is it a floating library? I bet the Islamos did it, just like they blew up the Buddhist statues and they're going to blow up the pyramids. Anything that's not Islamic must be destroyed; that includes people. The library of Alexandria contained just about the sum total of knowledge at that time. It was a catastrophic loss. The Muslims have been evil from day one. What do you expect from a religion that worships a pedophile.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #67
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I wonder how they managed to burn a library in the process of burning ships. Was is it a floating library? I bet the Islamos did it, just like they blew up the Buddhist statues and they're going to blow up the pyramids. Anything that's not Islamic must be destroyed; that includes people. The library of Alexandria contained just about the sum total of knowledge at that time. It was a catastrophic loss. The Muslims have been evil from day one. What do you expect from a religion that worships a pedophile.
The library was near the harbor in Alexandria. The wind spread the fire into that quarter of the city.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #68
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The library was near the harbor in Alexandria. The wind spread the fire into that quarter of the city.
Sounds suspicious to me. Whatever, I guess the Romans did it.

Apparently the Muslim Brotherhood wants to burn the Royal Library of Alexandria and build a mosque on the site. They say it's full of blasphemous western literature and art.

From TrevorLoudon.Com

As echoes of: ‘This is what Democracy looks like! reverberate across the Middle East, Egypt has fallen to the Muslim Brotherhood as a direct result of the Arab Spring. Now, the Royal Library of Alexandria in Egypt, one of the greatest libraries of the ancient world, is the target of The Muslim Brotherhood who want to burn it to the ground and build a mosque on its literary ashes.

Radical Islamists call the library a den of depravity because of its arts programs in music and dance. They want to destroy this historic monument to knowledge and intellect and rejoice while it burns baby, burns to the ground. The current dictators in Egypt are either supportive of, or willfully negligent of, The Brotherhood who could well shift into becoming the controlling power through parliament there in Egypt in the next election.

http://www.trevorloudon.com/2011/11/...-all-the-rage/
Old 07-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #69
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Taller Buddha of Bamiyan (in Afghanistan) before and after the Taliban destroyed it in 2001.

Information and Culture Minister Qadratullah Jamal told Associated Press of a decision by 400 religious clerics from across Afghanistan declaring the Buddhist statues against the tenets of Islam. "They came out with a consensus that the statues were against Islam," said Jamal. On 6 March 2001 The Times quoted Mullah Mohammed Omar as stating, "Muslims should be proud of smashing idols. It has given praise to God that we have destroyed them." During a 13 March interview for Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, Afghan Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmad Mutawakel stated that the destruction was anything but a retaliation against the international community for economic sanctions: "We are destroying the statues in accordance with Islamic law and it is purely a religious issue" [Wiki].
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #70
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Do I have to point out that there were no Muslims until about 700 years after Julius Caesar.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #71
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Do I have to point out that there were no Muslims until about 700 years after Julius Caesar.
Yea, that was the clincher for me. If the date of the burning is reliable, it couldn't have been burned by Muslims. However, if they had a time machine, they definitely would have. It sure fits their MO.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women