Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

National polling is meaningless, state-by -state polling is how the electorial college will more likely go.......

Romney looking up in Democratic stronghold Wisconsin!!!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...151969225.html
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Devious Plan

Good!

That means my devious plan is working!

. . .
This will save me a bundle on that drone option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
God! This is too much! You're killing me here!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
National polling is meaningless, state-by -state polling is how the electorial college will more likely go.......
I feel quite certain that if the FAUX poll would have had Romney up by 7 on "National polling" figures, you would have started yet another thread about how this election is already over!

Yeah Right! You have too much history in starting highly partisan, bogus threads! Go tell it to somebody else who is stupid enough to fall for that line of bullshit! ROTFLMAO
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post

. . .
This will save me a bundle on that drone option!

So you finally recognized that your AI circuitry is haywire?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
timpage
Account Disabled

Yes....the polls that go against the repukes are meaningless. The polls in favor of the repukes must be taken as gospel.

And I notice that COG only chimes in about how meaningless these polls are when the polls are in favor of the Dems......
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yes....the polls that go against the repukes are meaningless. The polls in favor of the repukes must be taken as gospel.

And I notice that COG only chimes in about how meaningless these polls are when the polls are in favor of the Dems......
My sentiments exactly! The partisan hacks are a trip!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

When the Republicans are in the lead, it is still meaningless at this point. I did bring up one poll awhile back, just to respond to another idiot who thought their poll mattered more than anyone else's. But at this point, polls are meaningless, regardless of who is ahead.

Ask Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, or Newt Gingrich how reliable early polls are.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

BigTurd and Timmyboy are dumb as rocks. They don't understand that national polling is less desireable than state by state polling.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

State polls are not necessarily "meaningless" . You really show an ignornance by saying that they are.

But I guess you guys are soooooooooo much smarter than the very well paid political practiconers who pay alot of money for polling data and research to shape public opinion and candidate campgains.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

There's still a lot of fluctuation to be seen in the battleground states, but in states like Kansas, California, Texas and New York, they are probably pretty close. And in the battleground states they can give the candidates an idea of what issues to address, so in that sense, they are valuable. But as far as being able to project an ultimate winner, they are useless.

That's what I was referring to, so you are right in one sense, WW, they do have value to the candidates.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Polls don't mean anything. In 2000, 104,338,854 americans were asked who they wanted for president. They said Al Gore over GW 48.38% to 47.87% and look who won.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

There are good polls and bad polls; polls can be accurate or not. So, your blanket statement "polls are meaningless" is just stupid.

If they are meaningless, why do political advisors do daily tracking pools? Why do campgains spend millions on internal polling ?

You all think you are so much smarter than the professionals that manage multi-million dollar campgains ?

And to say "there will be fluctuations" is a completely differnet statement than "polls are meaningless". Which is it?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Damn, you're testy today, WW. National polls are essentially meaningless. I agreed with you that state by state polls will have value for the candidate, but in battleground states they are meaningless with respect to predicting the ultimate winner. But they do have value in helping the candidate to decide where to focus his/her attention, and what issues to address.

I thought I was agreeing with you, and you still get pissed off.

And for the record, lots of people get paid lots of money to do stupid things. Hell, TTH is rich!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I know COG; yes, you clarified....I was pointing out the stupidity of others...

You know when you say somthing stupid and aren't too proud saying so !
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #30
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
They don't understand that national polling is less desireable than state by state polling.
I never said or even implied that I agreed with the FAUX News Poll's methodology and findings. Had you been paying attention, you would have quickly determined that I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you who post poll after poll that agree with your personal highly partisan assessment and then totally ignore polls that don't.

As for me, I rarely agree with SOF but he is correct in saying that all polls are meaningless 5-6 months prior to an election. Political polls are nothing more than a snapshot in time. There is a lot of time between Mid-May and election day 2012. I will start paying attention to poll numbers in mid October. By that time, we will start getting a true reflection of who will be President for the next 4 years!

Quote:
You know when you say somthing stupid and aren't too proud saying so !
No one would know better than you. Unless, of course, it was your bestest, bestest friend, Marshy! Is he still in hiding?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women