Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70519
biomed161347
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453089
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47930
pyramider46370
bambino40549
CryptKicker37125
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
durango95
Account Disabled

Default please never forget our nation's finest

A year ago my friend was killed in action. He was young, recently married and on his fourth combat tour. He was brave, humble, and a special young man. He was killed by accident by a drone missle. We need more people like Jermey. I am posting a link to an article about my friend. I miss him and would give about all I have to spend an afternoon with such a great man. So the next time you want to post some drama, complain about how you got no showed, or if you were shorted or whatever, think about the brave young men and women that are giving you your freedom. Never forget, and please support our troops.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04...arlington.html
durango95 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
I stopped by the National Cemetary in Grand Prairie Monday afternoon to visit my Dad's site. It was a beautiful sunny day and all you could hear in the background was the sound of maintenance workers and cars rushing by on the nearby highway.

There was a marine funeral in progress. I wondered what his or her story was. If you are ever near Keist and Loop 12 and have a few minutes to spare, stop by the National Cemetary. The road is lined with American flags and one giant flag flying at half mast. The perfectly manicured green grass has what seems like endless rows of dead service men and women's tombstones. There's a sidestreet with signs labeled A and B. They have numerous funderals there each day and your family lines up in the A or B section.

They are so busy that you have about 30 minutes to conduct your funeral and move on for the next family. It doesn't seem like a whole lot of time for those who have given the ultimate. At the end of the funeral a bugler plays Taps or there is a gun salute and the soldiers fold the American flag to give to the loved one. It's very haunting and you leave with a sense of pride.

So Durango you are right. After leaving the cemetary, the trivial bullshit that I fret over daily didn't seem like that big of a deal.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
hd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Talk about numerous funerals everyday, two months ago my brother made arrangements for my dad's (WWII) internment at Arlington National Cemetery, it's set for the end of June and is a fifteen minute ceremony, must be many for it to be scheduled 3 to 4 months out, but then it's his ashes and not a casket, so that may make a difference?

Unfortunate they're disappearing so quickly as are members of the current conflicts.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
durango95
Account Disabled

Members of our armed forces that are in harms way dont have a choice how they are going to spend their day. They cant look over a group of ladies they want to spend time with, they dont get to pick a movie or a restaurant that they would enjoy going to. They fight, bleed and die every day and they volunteered for this. I salute them and hope they can return home safe.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

I made a dumb typo in my earlier post. I meant to say they were having a Marine's funeral while I was there. Sorry.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
CoHorn
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

Durango, I am truly sorry about your friend. Prayers to all the service members that protect our country. I have told my family that I want to be buried at Arlington and have all the necessary paperwork in an envelope ready to go. It was an honor to serve this great nation and I am sure your friend felt the same way.
CoHorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
durango95
Account Disabled

My friend was a true hero, he kept wanting to go back to Iraq to not only be with his buddies but to defend our nation. I am afraid we are going to be in places like Afghanistan for many years to come.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women