Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #121
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Once the Dust from the Fall from the Turnip Truck Gets Brushed Off

...those of you who are new to knowing anything about black history or who wait for it to be spoon fed to you may want to consider gathering PROACTIVE information. On second thought, nah, effort towards an end not having a not-so-well-hidden agenda would be involved.

This "Oh, golly, gee whiz, who'd a-thunk it" fake amazement that such OLD FUCKING NEWS has suddenly come to light just because Beck or some other pointy-headed "fact pimp" brings this up for fill content to make the 20 minutes his internet tv show runs AND it winds up on YouTube is reason enough to 1) think, make that KNOW, it's bullshit or 2) it's an older than the hills chestnut - the case here.

Just excatly how many of you budding political and history theorists have even cracked a "modern" (post 1985) high school or freshman college history book or done the assigned reading? That's what I thought. And, you might also cast a thoughtful eye towards who buys text books for school districts. That would be the local school boards through a buying group - not the Federal Government - a little inconvenience called "local control." Now, you TPers quit arguing FOR the feds or some other "outside" entity to come in and dictate what should be taught in public schools. Or, you might reconsider your stance on teaching black history to white kids (a recommendation of the US Dept of Education - *gasp*). Your fatuous, ill-informed and mis-reasoned BOOLA-SHEET-AH is another reason to take the matches away from you. The reason you folks of this part of the country don't know much is because the right-thinking protectors of the "good old days" are on school boards across this wonderful (ha) state. Critical thought, things you don't just "know" (wink*wink) and differing viewpoints don't play too well deep in the heart of Texas.

Being exposed to thinking through controversial subject matter at an early age serves well as an innoculation against whatever it is you TPers have contracted from Beck, Faux Noise, the Cock Broz PAC, and other fair and balanced sources of ,ahem, "truth, justice and the Mellican Waaaaay."

You geniuses may now continue on your mission to spin ever more out of control with your spasms of "outrage" at something which has been well documented since roughly 1900. Too bad for you, as well as a comment on where you're coming from, that this is a new thing. Well, just because it's NEW TO YOU doesn't make it new anymore than an infant finding out that a stove is hot.

And, BTW, just for the hell of it - the Rev Al and other "leaders" of the black community made the big deal about this in the 1970s and 1980s. There was even a big push to get this information out during the height of the Civil Rights Movement in the late 1950s and 1960s. But - I know, I know - most of you were in the throes of of incoherency, or overt, southern racism, or waiting on becoming a gleam in your daddy's eye back then.

Party on, dumb sh*ts, you've almost mastered filling up space without using content.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #122
essence
Valued Poster

Wow.

Ever heard of Florence Nightingale? Everybody in the UK has.

Ever heard of Mary Seacole? Probably not. I never knew about her until my life worked in a building named after her. Look up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Seacole
essence is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #123
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh man, well shit. Are you telling me I haven't mastered it yet? I've been practicing for years. Damn you suck randy.

I got as far as (state dept suggested black history in our textbooks) and had to quit reading. I'm pretty sure this is the only time I'll ever agree with randy so I may as well stop now. Texas and California dictate what school books are for us and then alllll the other states use our model. So apparently someones dropping the ball in Texas.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #124
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Marshall Fuckup is uncreative and racist. If you find that funny, go with it. Others of us don't. To each his/her own.
Racist?

He counters what he precieves as racist.

What we have are a bunch of dogs chasing their tails
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #125
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

His exploitative use of black dialect is just putting blackface on in writing. It's not funny. And, he's an idiot and doesn't even do it very well.

Which is why fuc'ers like you find him entertaining. Grown ups don't.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #126
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

COF, at the risk of sounding -ist, this is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle - tan.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #127
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Oh man, well shit. Are you telling me I haven't mastered it yet? I've been practicing for years. Damn you suck randy. Nah, that ain't the half of it, the sucking part I mean.

I got as far as (state that would be Federal dept suggested black history in our textbooks) and had to quit reading. I'm pretty sure this is the only time I'll ever agree with randy so I may as well stop now hell, I take 'em where I can get 'em - and I know a relapse is just around the corner. Texas and California dictate what school books are for us and then alllll the other states use our model. So apparently someones dropping the ball in Texas.
Awwww, and you missed the part about being NEW TO YOU not qualifying for being new.....

Go back Glenna, there's plenty in there for you to disagree with. Take the time to savor each and every one.

But, I can't pass on the part about "dropping the ball." Ain't no balls being "dropped." They are quite firmly possessed by right-thinking wizards determined to maintain or roll back the status quo. The real fools are the other states subscribing to the "10 zillion flies can't be wrong - eat shit" school of thought when following Texas' lead in anything intellectual. But, that goes to the expedience of "doing the public's business" and getting better prices for high volume text books. They'd be better off using a 25 year old text with supplemental assigned reading, but they aren't too vera smahrt. Guess some folks ain't heard of this here new fangled thang called the innardnet or other sources of books online.

Besides, Lewis Black grows on you and there's no antidote.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #128
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
COF, at the risk of sounding -ist, this is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle - tan.
Which makes no sense, but considering the source . . .
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #129
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
... those of you who are new to knowing anything about black history or who wait for it to be spoon fed to you may want to consider gathering PROACTIVE information. On second thought, nah, effort towards an end not having a not-so-well-hidden agenda would be involved.

This "Oh, golly, gee whiz, who'd a-thunk it" fake amazement that such OLD FUCKING NEWS has suddenly come to light just because Beck or some other pointy-headed "fact pimp" brings this up for fill content to make the 20 minutes his internet tv show runs AND it winds up on YouTube is reason enough to 1) think, make that KNOW, it's bullshit or 2) it's an older than the hills chestnut - the case here.

Just excatly how many of you budding political and history theorists have even cracked a "modern" (post 1985) high school or freshman college history book or done the assigned reading? That's what I thought. And, you might also cast a thoughtful eye towards who buys text books for school districts. That would be the local school boards through a buying group - not the Federal Government - a little inconvenience called "local control." Now, you TPers quit arguing FOR the feds or some other "outside" entity to come in and dictate what should be taught in public schools. Or, you might reconsider your stance on teaching black history to white kids (a recommendation of the US Dept of Education - *gasp*). Your fatuous, ill-informed and mis-reasoned BOOLA-SHEET-AH is another reason to take the matches away from you. The reason you folks of this part of the country don't know much is because the right-thinking protectors of the "good old days" are on school boards across this wonderful (ha) state. Critical thought, things you don't just "know" (wink*wink) and differing viewpoints don't play too well deep in the heart of Texas.

Being exposed to thinking through controversial subject matter at an early age serves well as an innoculation against whatever it is you TPers have contracted from Beck, Faux Noise, the Cock Broz PAC, and other fair and balanced sources of ,ahem, "truth, justice and the Mellican Waaaaay."

You geniuses may now continue on your mission to spin ever more out of control with your spasms of "outrage" at something which has been well documented since roughly 1900. Too bad for you, as well as a comment on where you're coming from, that this is a new thing. Well, just because it's NEW TO YOU doesn't make it new anymore than an infant finding out that a stove is hot.

And, BTW, just for the hell of it - the Rev Al and other "leaders" of the black community made the big deal about this in the 1970s and 1980s. There was even a big push to get this information out during the height of the Civil Rights Movement in the late 1950s and 1960s. But - I know, I know - most of you were in the throes of of incoherency, or overt, southern racism, or waiting on becoming a gleam in your daddy's eye back then.

Party on, dumb sh*ts,
you've almost mastered filling up space without using content.
Your last sentence is a fairly apt description of your post.

Quote:
But, I can't pass on the part about "dropping the ball." Ain't no balls being "dropped."
So you are admitting your balls haven't dropped? Well that explains your adolescent posts and your adolescent views on history and society in general.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #130
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

He counters what he precieves as racist.

What he perceives (fixed that for ya) and what is actual reality are on two different planes of existence. Of course the same could be said for me on certain subjects, But since most of us in here feel the same way I do on this one, that means we are all on a different plane of existence together, so my original statement is still true. HAHAHA That was a trip to write.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #131
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

I'm white...and I don't feel guilty...just sayin'...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #132
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Keeping this focused I must say thanks LovingKayla Glenn Beck digging up this kind of history I would never have believed it. Still not a fan of GB but I tip my hat. I know the thread has been hijacked but Lovingkayla continue being who you are
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #133
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

IBH, sorry I used big words, sentences longer than 8 words and threw in some indisputable facts. This gets you a little out of sorts as we all know. But, my gawd, man, try to get past the third grade with your snappy counters. The pink fonts were, I'm sure, the coup de gras.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #134
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
What he perceives (fixed that for ya) .
See my perception of perceives was in correct!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #135
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
IBH, sorry I used big words, sentences longer than 8 words and threw in some indisputable facts. This gets you a little out of sorts as we all know. But, my gawd, man, try to get past the third grade with your snappy counters. The pink fonts were, I'm sure, the coup de gras.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women