Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70657
biomed162216
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453200
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48317
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37167
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I know you guys are both younger than me.
Not by too, too much. But WTF is even less aged.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
Big Hollywood gets tons of tax subsidies

just thought i'd get that in there

people in hollywood are great at pretension

they have gone so long pretending things, either fake teeth, hair implants, elevator shoes, and brains that how can they ever stop

they are liberals because they dont think or they pretend liberal thinking to get jobs, they dont want to be black balled. some pretend it so well they begin to believe it in their conscious brain.

no one believes liberal thinking in their subconscious brain, the brain that you live and die by, the brain that is you. you believe liberal positions in your "greed" brain, the part of you that is protective of your benefits and protective of your leisure.

now yes, many people want to take advantage of liberal positions for themselves for it might mean money, but they dont believe those positions to be correct in their subconscious brain, perhaps in their conscious brain they do and they might swear they do and mean it.

its easy for someone in hollywood to be a liberal, for what they espouse does not harm them, and they can seem so caring and of course its less career threatening and they are so above the potential damage of their positions. the harm is only to America in the long term. and of course its very ego boosting to be honored by being close to power.
I think some actors and writers may go to Hollywood as fairly conservative or apolitical and then convert to liberalism because it's so pervasive. It's like it's in the water.

I really think there's version of Stockholm syndrome going on here. You adopt the views of the one in power in order to survive.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Someone knows of Edward Benays... I'm impressed! Yes, ten years ago I thought Tom Hanks could have been president some day. He had the common touch, made the right movies, and apparently kept his political opinion to himself. His choices in movies spoke for him. It seems that Mr. Hanks, who is related to Abraham Lincoln's mother, has been doing a brilliant acting job. Maybe Hollywood should start a new Oscar category, "Greatest Performance in Real Life". Hanks would have some stiff competition with Barack, Sharpton, most journalists.
Robert DeNiro is the latest victim (?). He goes to a Obama fund raiser and tells an offcolor (racist) joke and he reveals himself to be an idiot. It wasn't funny, it was just stupid, and DeNiro didn't realize it...until he got thrown under that awfully crowded bus.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #19
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Someone knows of Edward Benays... I'm impressed! Yes, ten years ago I thought Tom Hanks could have been president some day. He had the common touch, made the right movies, and apparently kept his political opinion to himself. His choices in movies spoke for him. It seems that Mr. Hanks, who is related to Abraham Lincoln's mother, has been doing a brilliant acting job. Maybe Hollywood should start a new Oscar category, "Greatest Performance in Real Life". Hanks would have some stiff competition with Barack, Sharpton, most journalists.
Robert DeNiro is the latest victim (?). He goes to a Obama fund raiser and tells an offcolor (racist) joke and he reveals himself to be an idiot. It wasn't funny, it was just stupid, and DeNiro didn't realize it...until he got thrown under that awfully crowded bus.
I first learned about Edward Bernays because of Glenn Beck's novel "The Overton Window"; one of the central characters was loosely based on Bernays.

One of Bernay's public relations campaigns was to get women to smoke cigarettes. This paragraph from Wikipedia doesn't mention it but I think part of Bernay's strategy was to exploit the phallic symbolism of the cigarette; sort of based on the Freudian theory of penis envy.

One of the most famous campaigns of Bernays was the women's cigarette smoking campaign in 1920s. Bernays helped the smoking industry overcome one of the biggest social taboos of the time: women smoking in public (Stuart Ewen, Hunter College). Women were only allowed to smoke in designated areas, or not at all. If caught violating this rule, women would have been arrested. Bernays staged the 1929 Easter parade in New York City, showing models holding lit Lucky Strike cigarettes, or "Torches of Freedom". After the historical public event, women started lighting up more than ever before. It was through Bernays that women's smoking habits started to become socially acceptable. Bernays created this event as news, which, of course, it wasn’t. Bernays convinced industries that the news, not advertising, was the best medium to carry their message to an unsuspecting public.[citation needed]
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

An even bigger success of Benays was eating eggs for breakfast. Benays convinced the country that oatmeal, cereal, grits, had to be accompanied by eggs. There is a scene in the "Jazz Singer" when Jackie Robbins (Al Jolson) is waiting for breakfast in a corner eatery. Breakfast was bacon and eggs in a bowl, hundreds of them being produced for people coming and going fast.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #21
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I think some actors and writers may go to Hollywood as fairly conservative or apolitical and then convert to liberalism because it's so pervasive. It's like it's in the water.

I really think there's version of Stockholm syndrome going on here. You adopt the views of the one in power in order to survive.
it is like going to college where most profs are liberal and to make a good grade, you go along with the prof
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women