Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70759
biomed162936
Yssup Rider60581
gman4453258
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48541
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42125
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
rCoder
Clit Explorer

Encounters: 6
Question Ladies and Gentlemen

"Ladies and Gentlemen"

That's an interesting phrase. Guess now a days it might be "Ho's 'n Bro's". But back to "Ladies and Gentlemen". The definitions of a "lady" and of a "gentleman" have continuously changed with societies. Wikipedia has an interesting article on the evolution, but leaves the current definitions a little vague, which brings us to this post.

What, in your opinion, is a "lady"?

What, in your opinion, is a "gentleman"?

Does being a lady or a gentleman have any value in today's society?

Do you consider yourself to be one or do you strive to be one?
rCoder is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
JennsLolli
Account Disabled

User ID: 5509
My ECCIE Reviews

I think the same characteristics that make a lady a lady make a gentleman a gentleman. Class, good taste, and a good sense of decorum for any particular setting transcends gender boundaries...as so many things do.
JennsLolli is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Very well stated, Jenns!

Have any value??

Absolutely!!
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I remember taking - failing - an 'Are You a Gentleman' quiz an ex-GF sent me; I lack several attributes. The most vexing one argued that gentlemen drink in moderation, so flunked me, a teetotaler.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

In the part of the world where I hail from, we are taught that a gentleman always keeps at least 1/2 of his weight on his elbows when engaged in mish!!! LOL..

JensLolli has it right!!!!
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Manners........
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
rCoder
Clit Explorer

Encounters: 6

Just food for thought, here's Robert E. Lee's definition of a gentleman:

The forbearing use of power does not only form a touchstone, but the manner in which an individual enjoys certain advantages over others is a test of a true gentleman.

The power which the strong have over the weak, the employer over the employed, the educated over the unlettered, the experienced over the confiding, even the clever over the silly — the forbearing or inoffensive use of all this power or authority, or a total abstinence from it when the case admits it, will show the gentleman in a plain light.

The gentleman does not needlessly and unnecessarily remind an offender of a wrong he may have committed against him. He can not only forgive, he can forget; and he strives for that nobleness of self and mildness of character which impart sufficient strength to let the past be but the past. A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others.

Lee's definition is the closest I've found to what I was taught, which is a gentleman is honest, polite, trustworthy, and respectful. A man whose word is his bond. A man of integrity and honor.

Good manners is just a natural side effect of the character of a gentleman. I guess what struck me the wrong way with the wikipedia article on gentleman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman) was the trivialization of a gentleman to just a person with good manners.
rCoder is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #8
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I agree it takes way way more thne just manners..I just think way too many people lack them
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

I was born and raised to be a true "southern Gentleman". I think it is not only being polite, with manners, respect, but to be a gentleman is a lifestyle. You wear it everyday of your life. It is an aura around you that others can pick up on, I learned from the master; my father; who learned from his father. I watched my father make international deals on a handshake, he was known for his manner of being. Ever day should be an exercise of decorum for both gentlemen and ladies, and one of the shocking things you will realize at the end of the day...........you feel good about yourself............
runswithscissors is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women