Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #46
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What if their religious beliefs are to destroy you? Serious question.

IKR, too assailable and you couldn't resist (BTW, for the record, I will not defend blood sacrifice: animal or human). I was trained to use several weapons, but eventually the M16A2 became my primary weapon. I deployed with one in 2002.

I also trained on the M9 Beretta, and it has become my loyal defender since leaving the service.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #47
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Why can't you just answer the question, Sa_fartman? You've sidestepped it again. And no, I don't plan to vote for Romney, but it is not because of his religion.

Again, what makes Mormonism a near cult, and what gives you the authority to make such a determination?

Simple question, really.

Well since the Mormon church owns most of the websites listing Cult in them, funny huh, I'll just do what seems to pass for facts for you. Links.

http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm

http://www.waltermartin.com/cults.html

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/walterm...of-mormonism-1

http://www.mrm.org/

http://mmoutreachinc.com/mormons/facts.html

There's plenty since you seem to have time on your hands. And what gives me the right? It's a free country baby! Now scoot and go hide in your corner before the big bad government kicks down your door.

ad iudicium
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #48
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I would never be a Mormon but I do respect their discipline. No wiskey, no providers and 10% of their income goes to the church. I have never known a Mormon not to follow those beliefs, now when it comes to the Baptist that is another matter
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Sa_fartman, are you cutting and pasting your response to me. Interesting. I thought I was the only one who did that, at least according to you. So you let these websites think for you. I was hoping that you might share your opinion. Well, once again, thanks. And it used to be a free country.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #50
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What if their religious beliefs are to destroy you? Serious question.

It wouldn't be the first time someone's rights were defended by our Constitution. So to answer you serious question, that you finished with a smiley face fishing thereby rendering your "serious question" useless letters in your otherwise poignant question, yes. Yes, he or she has the right to hold any religious beliefs they want. Now, if they act on them with a criminal act, then THAT act, no. Their Constitutional freedoms end at my nose.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

You really are reaching to make a non point.

In your link, Santorum is just saying what many others also affirm; that is historically our rights in the Constituion come from God, not Government. You are truly a fantic to then query "so all other religions on the planet are what? Santorium was talking about our historical orgins. Santorum isn't against the other world religions. Can you provide a link to statements otherwise? No. You are just jumping to baseless conclusions - again.

If you think that religious institutions and values are not under attack from the left (Gay Groups included) you are out of touch.

Believe it or not, but Santorum is right. Life should be protected. No exception. Do you not agree that life should be protected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
- Not just any God, but the God of Abraham and Jacob. So all the other religions on the planet are just what? Ineffective? Their God(s) aren’t worth following? Well they are to about two-thirds of the world.

- Gay marriage will undermine the family and attack the religious liberty in this country. That’s a direct quote

- The exception for rape should not be in the law. Really?

- We’re bankrupt morally if we allow rapists to walk free and innocent children to be murdered.

- Really, seriously, you don’t think this guy is a religious zealot! Well if he isn’t, I don’t know who is. What do you think that people have to have snakes draped around their neck while they preach to be a rabid religious lunatics? Whew God help us. That is MY God, NOT Rick Santorims’ Gods. I don’t need help from any God or Gods he would worship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeu21Xu3Mc

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You really are reaching to make a non point.

In your link, Santorum is just saying what many others also affirm; that is historically our rights in the Constituion come from God, not Government. You are truly a fantic to then query "so all other religions on the planet are what? Santorium was talking about our historical orgins. Santorum isn't against the other world religions. Can you provide a link to statements otherwise? No. You are just jumping to baseless conclusions - again.
Really? That's what you got? I heard that not just any God will do. He wants to only listen and uphold laws of Abraham. What about his Christian God Jesus? Are we to listen to him too? The Holy Ghost? What about him? I’m assuming that because he reminds us that he’s Christian all the time that we are all subject to the Christian Gods too.

Personally, I think Jesus had a wonderful message. The Sermon on the Mount is one of the greatest bodies of philosophical doctrine ever written. The tenents are sound and improve the lives of those that live by them. I'm not debating that. But people like to forget one of the basics from that sermon, "Judge not lest ye be judged." If there was a lot less of that going on, we wouldn't be having this debate about which God(s) to obey. I'm not Christian and I do not want to be forced into subjugating myself to Christian ideas of what law(s) should be.

To say that the American Constitution wasn't influenced by Judeo-Christian beliefs isn't correct, but it's not entirely correct. The Founding Fathers were largely religious, but they very wisely removed reliance on religion and a State religion from the Constitution. It needs to stay that way. Period.

If you can't see that Sanatorium is a religious fanatic that wants to impose his will on everyone living, then well, we truly have nothing to discuss. It's like arguing with someone that the world is not 8,000 years old and humans didn't have to battle dinosaurs.

Quote:
If you think that religious institutions and values are not under attack from the left (Gay Groups included) you are out of touch.
No I’m not. See above about battling dinosaurs. Arguing with you over homosexuality will get none of us anywhere. You think it’s a sin. I think it’s a natural party of humanity. Like I always say, as long as they don’t make it mandatory, I don’t care. Same could be said about Christianity, Islam or any other religion, as long as it’s not mandatory, I don’t care who or what anyone worships.

Quote:
Believe it or not, but Santorum is right. Life should be protected. No exception. Do you not agree that life should be protected?
Life? Or do you mean humans? I personally do not believe a two-cell zygote is a human being. So, to answer your question, I am pro-abortion. I believe any woman should be able to have an abortion in the first trimester or at any time if her life is in danger. I say this because after the first trimester if you don’t know that you want an abortion before the procedure is dangerous to the woman’s health, then maybe the woman should have given it more thought or used contraceptives in the first place.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #53
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

That dinosaur comment was below the belt Olivia. Yes, there are very few, very few people who want to believe that. Santorum is not one of them and I can't think of any major politician that believes that either. There are more than a few on the left who believe in some extraterrestrial super being who sown this planet with life. (see scientology)However I can point to several politicians of the democratic stripe who have stated that they think conservatives are all racists, homophobic (not a realy word), and sexist. Remember the walk that Emmanual Cleaver took through the TEA party? No shouts of the N word. No spitting. No threating behavior. Cleaver still insists otherwise. Congressman Clyburn when told the swasitka on his office was put up by one of his own staffers for a headline insisted the TEA Party still did it.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #54
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

I was being illustrative of how backwards I think Sanatorium is. I can't get behind ANYONE that thinks that THEIR religious views are more important than then next persons. He's a religious zealot, and a believer in Gods that I do not believe in. I want nothing to do with him or his ideas. He is as dangerous as he is ignorant to the world outside his myopic views.

He's a fool that was soundly beaten out of a job, and I can't understand why ANYONE in such an important election would consider nominating a known looser. Not just any looser, but an incumbent that lost by one of biggest margins in the history of the Senate.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women