Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60240
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48400
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Copierguy0
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 31
Default Downloading Full Length Songs or finding someone that already has them.

Is Rhapsody worth the 9.99 per month?

or are sites like:
Kazaa,music-oasis,mp3raid,mp3skull,4shared , etc. worth it?

I am seriously thinking of downloading 3 to 5k songs.
Mostly Old songs from the 70's. I was listening to a new radio station today and loved it, it's called Oldschool 94.5 fm i love that music. R&B

Listen to that radio station and if any of you have that kind of music on a storage device in excess of 5k songs or more and want to copy it, I am willing to pay a good price. This would save me alot of time and money. I have 2 External TeraByte TB that will hold 250,000 songs each. MP3

PM me if you do, I am very interested.

So my question is:
1) Should I continue my CD collection? How many CD's = 3 to 5k? lol
2) Download from free sites and risk bad quality, virus, broken mp3's, etc?
3) Pay the 9.99/month from Rhapsody, which bought out Napster?

Also on a different note, I am thinking of getting new full length movies from netflix and copying them to my other Terabyte. I curently have a library collection of 250 DVD'S and i want to get to 1,000

Thanks in advance for any input to achieve my goal

CG
Copierguy0 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Crzytxn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Try to download the Frostwire program. They might have what you are looking for, free.

Crzytxn
Crzytxn is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

If you're asking for advice on piracy, I recommend that you reconsider. There are now MANY monitoring tools in place all over the network to track illegal downloads. If you illegally download 3-5K songs and 750 movies, you're going to bubble to the top of the reports and risk making yourself a target.

Why take the risks of building up a large illegal collection when it's so easy to pay nickels and dimes for on-demad solutions on any of your devices? I get it for rare tracks, but not for anything mainstream anymore.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Tx Noob
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Frostwire is your best bet. Rhapsody is ok, but if I'm going to buy downloads, I'll do it from Itunes. Maybe that's why I still put up with my Iphone in an Android world.

I still try to buy the CDs whenever possible, unless it's something I've bought a hundred times before.
Tx Noob is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #5
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You won't believe how many times Itunes has given me the wrong "version" of a song I really wanted. Ever after listening to the preview, and doing moderate research, only to find out that the end of the preview was the start of a section of song that is horrible -vs- the real version I wanted. I really wish there was a sell back option sometimes.

<- owns countless movies... 500+
<- owns unreasonable amounts of music...
<- rarely works hard enough to own an eye patch anymore.

I hear from a friend that Amazon music/mp3s are better than Itunes, but I haven't checked it out yet.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
Tex9401

Encounters: 3

Buy cds rip the songs, then you get better version. There different sound quality when ripping your own versions. I watching steaming videos and movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ze~ View Post
You won't believe how many times Itunes has given me the wrong "version" of a song I really wanted. Ever after listening to the preview, and doing moderate research, only to find out that the end of the preview was the start of a section of song that is horrible -vs- the real version I wanted. I really wish there was a sell back option sometimes.

<- owns countless movies... 500+
<- owns unreasonable amounts of music...
<- rarely works hard enough to own an eye patch anymore.

I hear from a friend that Amazon music/mp3s are better than Itunes, but I haven't checked it out yet.
Tex9401 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

I have a bunch of CDs from artists in the 70's and 80's and then hit or miss. I plan to rip them into my Itunes so I can set them playing on any device I want. Not sure how long it would take me to get them all ripped but if you have a specific artist, I'll look through mine and let you know.

The idea of wanting several thousand songs is quite the haul and downloading that number would take a lot of time!

I know that in ITunes that if you make a copy of the directory to a flash drive or even a CD or DVD, anyone else with Itunes can simply move the entire collection to their own Itunes directory and have the songs.

On a side note, I had someone leave some computer stuff here in May of 2010 and one item was a Western Digital bookshelf backup device. Tons of songs there. Almost 36 GB of songs. .mp3 and .m4a formats.

If you have an external case, or know how to install a HDD to your desktop, I'll copy that over to a small HDD I have laying around and let you borrow it. Or if you feel like meeting someplace and providing something that would hold that much song data, shoot me a PM and we'll figure it out.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #8
PT4ME
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
If you're asking for advice on piracy, I recommend that you reconsider. There are now MANY monitoring tools in place all over the network to track illegal downloads. If you illegally download 3-5K songs and 750 movies, you're going to bubble to the top of the reports and risk making yourself a target.

Why take the risks of building up a large illegal collection when it's so easy to pay nickels and dimes for on-demad solutions on any of your devices? I get it for rare tracks, but not for anything mainstream anymore.
.....are they "nickels & dimes" already? I thought they were still around a buck each.
A precaution you can take when pirating music via P2P networking is to only "share" a minimal amount of files. You can download all you want, as the street belief is that it is not illegal to download (receive) music files, but it is illegal to upload (share) or make available for download, copyrighted files. It sounded "right" to me, so I still believe it is close to what the laws are.
To have "premium access" on most of the p2p sites, (Napster, Pirate Bay, Gnutella, Limewire, et al) you are/were required to share files. The general rule of thumb when these guys were around was if you maintained less than 1,000 titles in your shared libraries, you would remain under the radar.
Now that high speed everything has become more affordable, 1,000 titles takes no time to amass. I have no idea what the trackers use as a threshold now, but I agree with L4L, those #'s will probably float you to the top of anybody's pond that is looking. Enough cases have been won and enough examples made of "everyday" people that you probably don't want to fuck around with anything that is reeeeeeeeally popular (BitTorrent), not just for legal reasons but there is a lot of Torrent poisoning out there.
If you only want "singles", you can go to 1/2 price books and buy a bunch of used compilation albums and rip them yourself.
PT4ME is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
sleastak
Gaining Momentum

Step 1. Go to your local public library.
Step 2. Check out their CD collection (you might be surprised).
Step 3. Go home, insert CD into PC, rip, repeat.
Step 4. Return CD(s) to library.
Step 5. Rock!
sleastak is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT4ME View Post
.....are they "nickels & dimes" already? I thought they were still around a buck each.
A precaution you can take when pirating music via P2P networking is to only "share" a minimal amount of files. You can download all you want, as the street belief is that it is not illegal to download (receive) music files, but it is illegal to upload (share) or make available for download, copyrighted files. It sounded "right" to me, so I still believe it is close to what the laws are.
To have "premium access" on most of the p2p sites, (Napster, Pirate Bay, Gnutella, Limewire, et al) you are/were required to share files. The general rule of thumb when these guys were around was if you maintained less than 1,000 titles in your shared libraries, you would remain under the radar.
Now that high speed everything has become more affordable, 1,000 titles takes no time to amass. I have no idea what the trackers use as a threshold now, but I agree with L4L, those #'s will probably float you to the top of anybody's pond that is looking. Enough cases have been won and enough examples made of "everyday" people that you probably don't want to fuck around with anything that is reeeeeeeeally popular (BitTorrent), not just for legal reasons but there is a lot of Torrent poisoning out there.
If you only want "singles", you can go to 1/2 price books and buy a bunch of used compilation albums and rip them yourself.
PT4ME - good post. When I referred to nickels and dimes, I meant the context of Spotify, not purchase solutions. I think piracy is ultimately going to be solved by streaming services when enough content is available. Why risk piracy and all the hassle of managing digital files if you can pay a small amount of money each month to access just about anything we can think of on any of our devices? Yes, there are some rare tracks we'll still need to own and yes, there are some who view pirating as a sport and will continue to do it. However, these are edge cases, not the mainstream.

Oh, and downloading is still illegal, but you're right that the focus is on uploaders because they cause the most financial damage.

L4L
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women