Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60318
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48426
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41462
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Terrorist - Anyone Who Disagrees With Government

According to this article, if you disagree with the government, among other things, you could be deemed a terrorist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any American Who Criticizes the Government May Be Labeled a Terrorist

I noted in 2009:
The Department of Homeland Security and police forces label anyone who they disagree with – or who disagrees with government policies – as “terrorists”.
Don’t believe me?
Well, according to a law school professor, pursuant to the Military Commissions Act, “Anyone who … speaks out against the government’s policies could be declared an ‘unlawful enemy combatant’ and imprisoned indefinitely. That includes American citizens.”
And according to an FBI memo, peace protesters are being labeled as “terrorists”.
Anyone who disagrees with the “acceptable” way of looking at things is a terrorist.
How is this different from Stalin or Mao’s use of labels such as “enemy of the state”?
This may have seemed over-the-top to some, but events have proven it true.
For example, the following is considered terrorism or suspected terrorism in modern America:
As Paul Joseph Watson notes:
Of course, the vast majority of people who visit Internet Cafes use cash to pay their bill. Who uses a credit card to buy a $2 dollar cup of coffee? A lot of smaller establishments don’t even accept credit cards for amounts less than $10 dollars.
Other examples of suspicious behavior include using a “residential based Internet provider” such as AOL or Comcast, the use of “anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address” (these are routinely used by mobile web users to bypass public Internet filters), “Suspicious communications using VOIP,” and “Preoccupation with press coverage of terrorist attack” (this would apply to the vast majority of people who work in the news or political blogging industry).
Searching for information about “police” or “government” is also listed as a potential indication of terrorism, as is using a computer to “obtain photos, maps or diagrams of transportation, sporting venues, or populated locations,” which would apply to virtually anyone who uses Google Maps or Google Earth.
People who may wish to keep private the contents of a personal email or an online credit card purchase by attempting to”shield the screen from view of others” are also characterized as potential terrorists.
Business owners who spot patrons engaging in these types of activities are encouraged to call the FBI’s Joint Regional Intelligence Center (JRIC), after first gathering information on license plates, names, ethnicity, and languages spoken.
In total, there are 25 different CAT flyers aimed at businesses from across the spectrum – everything from hobby shops to tattoo parlors.
As we have documented on numerous occasions, the federal government routinely characterizes mundane behavior as extremist activity or a potential indicator of terrorist intent. As part of its ‘See Something, Say Something’ campaign, the Department of Homeland Security educates the public that generic activities performed by millions of people every day, including using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper, and using a cell phone recording application,” are potential signs of terrorist activity.
The CAT program again underscores how federal authorities are empowering poorly trained citizens to become terrorist hunters, stoking fears that America is sinking deeper into a Stasi-style informant society.
Note: Some also claim that copyright infringers are terrorists, and swat teams have been deployed against them. See this, this, this and this. I’m not condoning copyright infringement, but merely citing to the all-pervasiveness of the “terror” label. And given that even grandmas and children might innocently and unwittingly download copyrighted content, any tendency to use the terror label is troubling.
Update: The list of activities which might get you branded as a suspected terrorist has grown even longer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link to the original article:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/...ernment-2.html

PEACE OUT!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Dixie chicks?

During a London concert ten days before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, lead vocalist Maines said "we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States (George W. Bush) is from Texas".[1] The statement offended many Americans, who thought it rude and unpatriotic, and the ensuing controversy cost the band half of their concert audience attendance in the United States. The incident negatively affected their career and led to accusations of the three women being "un-American", as well as hate mail, death threats, and the public destruction of their albums in protest.[2]
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Steve Jobs FBI File

Steve Jobs FBI File Reveals Bomb Threat, 'Tendency To Distort Reality' And More

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D134239
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
switchingroles
Registered Member

I'll bite.

Regarding the Dixie Chicks, death threats are unwarranted, no excuse for that. But, people not going to their concerts or burning their albums are first protected under the first amendment and 2nd someone's choice to either support or not support someone else's views. I think if they did not make it personal about Bush and stuck to his poor policy things may have been a little different. They may not like his policies but they know nothing of the man.

I do not support the wars, I'm a libertarian. They, the Chicks, have a right to say what they want, but others have a right to not like what they say and not support them by not going to their concerts.

There is only one person in this race that will protect your rights, he is also they guy that says what two people choose to contract between themselves is their own business, not illegal, and not the business of the government at any level.
switchingroles is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

People can decide for themselves whether to listen to the Dixie Chicks or not. I don't because I think they suck, musically.

We're talking about the Government's ability to arrest you and detain you indefinitely without due process. That's a hell of a lot bigger problem than not buying a CD because you don't like what someone did.

The above-referenced terrorist criteria has been developed by Homeland Security and the FBI. OUR Government. Spying on US. For paying cash for coffee, for having too much luggage, etc. This is not a good situation.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I wonder why you are still posting here COG, don't you know the FBI is watching you closely?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Wave, I'm glad you think this is funny. When we're in the gulag together, we'll laugh and have a good time.

BTW, it's not the FBI, it's the NSA, and every electronic communication gets stored in a NSA computer. Internet, cell phone, whatever, it all goes to the NSA.

So let's all wish those NSA guys a happy weekend! Have a great time, guys and gals!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Wave, I'm glad you think this is funny. When we're in the gulag together, we'll laugh and have a good time.

BTW, it's not the FBI, it's the NSA, and every electronic communication gets stored in a NSA computer. Internet, cell phone, whatever, it all goes to the NSA.

So let's all wish those NSA guys a happy weekend! Have a great time, guys and gals!
I opt for the Channel Islands
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

May I recommend a movie; Good with Viggo Mortenson
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women