Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41513
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35874
Mojojo33117

Old 02-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Veile View Post
You are very correct. PP offers so many services, not just abortions.

You're very uneducated if you believe that PP only offers abortions. In fact, just a small handful of their facilities are licensed to do it.

The other services timpage listed make up the majority of the health care given by PP.

You have no idea of the massive numbers of people who rely on PP as a low-cost health care alternative. Men and children are included.

If you think the state services offices are already stretched thin, wait until the overflow from PP spills into the bigger picture.

Oh and FYI, men get breast cancer too.

Please refer to the pie graph below.

My what a haughty reply. Please point out where I said they only provide abortions? For that matter, please point out where I said anything negative about the organization; at all. The simple fact is that a large number of people who donate to the breast cancer charity actually expect the money to go to the prevention of breast cancer (silly twits), and it's likely a significant number of those oppose abortion.

I may not be well "educated" on this sort of thing, but, with all due, respect, your reading comprehension is quiet poor. I have no problem with you responding to what I've posted. But please refrain from responding to what you wish I'd posted.

By the way, my mother was killed by breast cancer and I'm very well aware that it affects men. Thanks.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Look, this is the bottom line. To most Americans, Planned Parrent Hood is about one thing, Abortion. All of the other services they render are there to protect the billion dollar industry of Abortion. It's a cash cow protected by a Supreme Court Ruling.

Many great civilizations are known for one particular thing that makes us take pause and say, "god, how could they have done that". The Romans for all of their great contributions, declined into what could be called pure decadence.

In a thousand years, will history look back on us and say, "sure, America was a great Country, but they killed their unborn for no more reason than convienience sake".
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
My what a haughty reply. Please point out where I said they only provide abortions? For that matter, please point out where I said anything negative about the organization; at all. The simple fact is that a large number of people who donate to the breast cancer charity actually expect the money to go to the prevention of breast cancer (silly twits), and it's likely a significant number of those oppose abortion.

I may not be well "educated" on this sort of thing, but, with all due, respect, your reading comprehension is quiet poor. I have no problem with you responding to what I've posted. But please refrain from responding to what you wish I'd posted.

By the way, my mother was killed by breast cancer and I'm very well aware that it affects men. Thanks.

Take it how you want. Haughty or whatever. It's all about perception. There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. It's been tested many times without any issues. I would appreciate it if you would stop with the mind-reading crap because I don't get into that.

Please keep the subject on topic. It's about health & funding awareness.

Anyway .... the point is, the breast cancer funds were spent on just that - breast cancer. Nothing else.

And, like you, I've had family members pass away of it too.

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
coven
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Quote:
I may not be well "educated" on this sort of thing, but, with all due, respect, your reading comprehension is quite poor. I have no problem with you responding to what I've posted. But please refrain from responding to what you wish I'd posted.

Fixed that for ya
coven is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The Komen Foundation is a private organization, right? They can do with their money what they want, so long as it does not violate the terms of their Foundation. It is a bad decision, but they can make bad decisions if they want to. You don't like their decision? Quit donating to them. Donate to organizations that you DO agree with. It's simple.
I think that is pretty much what has happened. S.G.K. has now reversed its decision in light of losing so much in donated money from big donators. This backfired on them and they also had some major players resign from them as well. The silver lining in all this is that PP was given over 500k over a 24 hour period from people who were outraged by S.G.K.'s decision. It brought to light what is happening with women who are poor who need these services and has got people up in arms now to protect PP more than ever before.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I saw that. If the Komen Foundation wanted to hurt PP, they really screwed up. But this is how it works, I knew that some other group would pony up. I hope the Komen Foundation can keep doing their work, too, but their reputation may be permanently damaged.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I saw that. If the Komen Foundation wanted to hurt PP, they really screwed up. But this is how it works, I knew that some other group would pony up. I hope the Komen Foundation can keep doing their work, too, but their reputation may be permanently damaged.
I agree it was really stupid of them to do that. The major donors that they had are now wishy washy about S.G.K. Some are not sure they want to continue with the organization now. This really bothers me because in the long run all this did was hurt the very women they are trying to help with regard to breast cancer.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

As of this morning Komen had enjoyed a 100% increase in donations since distancing itself from PP, PP had also seen an uptick in donations.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-she...-parenthood-de

Now that they've buckled from pressure on the left, I wonder what their donations will look like?

I stand by my earlier post (spelling error notwithstanding), donations to fight breast cancer should do that, and only that. Bait and switch is never acceptable, private foundation or not. My point isn't about abortion, it's about honesty.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

I stand by my earlier post (spelling error notwithstanding), donations to fight breast cancer should do that, and only that. Bait and switch is never acceptable, private foundation or not. My point isn't about abortion, it's about honesty.

There wasn't any dishonesty nor bait and switch. It all started with people whispering crap in politicians' ears. PP prints their annual fiscals on their website in plain view.

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
As of this morning Komen had enjoyed a 100% increase in donations since distancing itself from PP, PP had also seen an uptick in donations.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-she...-parenthood-de

Now that they've buckled from pressure on the left, I wonder what their donations will look like?

Newsbusters would climb a tree to tell a LIE even if they could stand on the ground and tell the truth. They are a righty-biased noise machine with dishonest contributors.

By continually propping up righty ideas and stances instead of looking at it from a standpoint of the Komen Foundation's original mission statement, Newsbusters and other partisan hacks involved in this fiasco have simply hurt the cause of looking for a cure for breast cancer.

I'll bet Komen's contributions didn't "hold" or they wouldn't be crawling back with another LYING excuse to reinstate the funding agreement with PP.

Now, I don't trust them anymore and neither do many others! Even though they have rescinded this farce of a move, I hope some other organization with more character and compassion replaces the work done by the Susan G. Komen Foundation in helping fund research and services that help prevent breast cancer!

Again, well done, Shea! Thanks for standing up to the uninformed purveyors of misinformation that continually troll here.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Seems they are backtracking and mighty fast.

Komen drops plans to cut Planned Parenthood grants.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women